Another trade proposal...

Buftex

I am in last place in my leauge. I am 2-5. However, I am still only 1 game out of the final playoff spot. It seems like the regular stalwarts in my leauge are all having off years, with underperforming players and injuries...

So, today, I picked up Chris Ivory on the waiver wire. He had a big game this past Sunday (104 yrds & 1td), and had pretty much all the work, for the first time, this year, with the Jets.

Somebody (the 4th seed right now), really in need of a running back, offered me Josh Gordon for Ivory.

Ivory would help me this week, but beyond that I am not sure. My running backs are Ray Rice (bye), Chris Johnson (bye), Fred Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers and DeAngelo Williams.

My WRs are: Wes Welker, James Jones, Julian Edleman, Eddie Royal, and Robert Woods. Not a stellar group, particularly in a standard, non-PPR league. Welker is solid, but not spectacular...the rest of the guys are hit and miss from week to week.

I like Gordon, he has had 1 massive games this year, 2 really good games, and two duds (including last week) but I am worried that the Browns QB situation will make him more useless as the season goes on. Any insight is appreciated....I am leaning toward taking this deal...

Buftex I think your rb situation is ok without Ivory. CJ2K and Rodgers seem to be coming on. It looks like your WR position could use some reinforcement. I would be tempted to take this deal. I like the upside of Gordon.

Edited by Dante

Yes I would take that for sure. I'm playing Ivory out of necessity this week but he's your 4th or 5th RB at best in a normal week. Granted there is more of an urgency to win the next game when you're 2-5; but 108yds on 34carries vs a Pats D that was missing Wilfork & Mayo doesn't inspire confidence @Cincy for me. I'm not sure FJax + DAW/Rodgers will be worse for this week anyway & Gordon helps immediately.

I would make the trade. It looks like Gordon would normally start for you, but not Ivory.

I too picked up and am planning to play Ivory as a bye-week cover.

I also think Khiry Robinson is going to have a big week against us, especially coming off a bye. I don't quite have the guts to play him though. I have Ivory and Mike James this week (Forte and Foster on a bye week).

Went through with the trade. Thanks guys... the Browns finally made the switch from Weeden to Campbell, which makes me feel even a little better. Just hoping Rice and/or Chris Johnson wake up and then I think I am fine at running back. The way I look at it, in retrospect, having the first waiver claim, if Josh Gordon was available, I would have nabbed him before Ivory...so it is kind of like getting a free starter-quality WR (maybe, they play KC this weekend) for a guy that I may or may not play from week to week.

Of course, if Tom Brady doesn't start putting up even decent numbers, I am out of this anyways...I won't win the whole thing, that is for sure, but I love the challange of trying to scratch and claw my way into a playoff spot.

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.