We will loose to the saints by how many points???

No, but TODAY, half the population is functionally illiterate. Lose vs loose, there vs their vs they're, are vs our, your vs you're, to vs too, etc. They are all used incorrectly millions of times a day on social media. Sadly, the "dumbing down" of America has been here for a while now.

But the other ones you cite (or is it site?), I've been guilty of because your brain because they are pronounced the same way and my brain just seems to type it out (well, not the too vs. to, but the many versions of they're)........But, lose and loose are two different pronunciations, as well as meanings.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the other ones you cite (or is it site?), I've been guilty of because your brain because they are pronounced the same way and my brain just seems to type it out (well, not the too vs. to, but the many versions of they're)........But, lose and loose are two different pronunciations, as well as meanings.

That's rediculous!!

(I know it's spelled ridiculous, I'm just piling on)

The point that Hopeful was making was that you could have done a "Predict this weeks score" thread.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand why so many posters are annoyed that you set up a prediction thread that presumes that we lose.

See if you can understand this:

This is how I read the replies: (I could be wrong, but this is how I judged it.)

50% posted kind of like me. That we would lose and the amount of points.

40% posted that bills would actually win.

10% were sensitive and questioned the thread topic/post

Don't be part of the 10%. The whiners messed up the thread.

So to answer YOUR question. Yeah I understand some men can be touchy and sensitive at times.

Last thing on this post. If everyone agreed to everything on this board, what a boring place to visit...

Keep that in mind.

Did half the population spell lose "loose" before the Internet and I just didn't know it?

I personally know lose vs loose. (you're right, I don't get it. They sound differently)

For some reason, I see it here a lot in the incorrect fashion.

I never correct it. Not an English natzi. It was meant to be fun.

All I can say is wow, good call. nailed it

The crazy part is I wanted to be wrong BIG TIME.

The game is over and while we hung in there, all in all, they beat us. Pretty easily too. Imho they didn't need to pull out all the stops or all their guns. We had injuries, they had rest, their town, etc. etc.

Anyway I hope we blow out KC!!!!! Not just beat. But blow away.