Chef Jim vs. OC in Buffalo

New Round 1 match:

Please stay out of this thread unless your name is Chef Jim or OC in Buffalo.

Premise: The Obamacare web site is merely experiencing start-up/growing pains and will work smoothly in the near future without a major overhaul.

Pick a side; true or false on the above statement.

Pick a side first, do not start arguing your point. If you both pick the same side, your assignment will be given by the judge. Me.

Also, please note that the nature of this argument should not be about Obamacare itself, but about the technical aspects of the web site. If politics is involved with that, fine. If you go on a rant about how this new commie health care is good and/or bad, you do so at your own risk.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with true. How many of you people complain when Apple rolls something out and it doesn't work right? I have a friend who took her phone back because she hated the new operating system. Hell if Apple makes mistakes why not cut our government some slack. I have all the faith in the world that with the government's unlimited taxing ability they will:

1. Not only get this thing fixed but create a super website of the likes mankind has ever seen.

2. Create (or save, not sure at this point) hundred's of thousands of jobs putting out of work programmers to work getting this done. I do career fairs all the time (doing one today as a matter of fact) and you'd be amazed at the number of IT people out of work because of Bush's tax cuts and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. They will all be smiling at the fair today because they know that call from Obama will be coming any minute now.

PS - I am super busy the rest of the day so will probably not be able to post here until much later. However I think I've won already.

Edited by Chef Jim

I'll go with true. How many of you people complain when Apple rolls something out and it doesn't work right? I have a friend who took her phone back because she hated the new operating system. Hell if Apple makes mistakes why not cut our government some slack. I have all the faith in the world that with the government's unlimited taxing ability they will:

1. Not only get this thing fixed but create a super website of the likes mankind has ever seen.

2. Create (or save, not sure at this point) hundred's of thousands of jobs putting out of work programmers to work getting this done. I do career fairs all the time (doing one today as a matter of fact) and you'd be amazed at the number of IT people out of work because of Bush's tax cuts and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. They will all be smiling at the fair today because they know that call from Obama will be coming any minute now.

PS - I am super busy the rest of the day so will probably not be able to post here until much later. However I think I've won already.

You already broke the rules. Don't argue at all until sides are agreed upon or assigned by the judge. Me.

Don't worry about being busy today. You have time unless OC in Buffalo supplies enough pwnage.

You already broke the rules. Don't argue at all until sides are agreed upon or assigned by the judge. Me.

Don't worry about being busy today. You have time unless OC in Buffalo supplies enough pwnage.

!@#$ the rules. I don't need to follow no stinking rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simon is to blame for messing up your game.

He says his job is to keep me tame,

but we all know his reasons are political, thus lame.

Chef Jim as an opponent? How absurd.

Whatever made you think I wouldn't destroy this turd?

Either side of this argument I can win with ease.

Kicking financial planner ass? Please. A breeze.

So let's get down down the Ps and Qs

Chef is the target I will easily abuse.

EDIT: Oh, and :lol:, and, does Chef, or as I like to call him: one of the underpeople, still have the side that says it will all be fixed...soon?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Simon is to blame for messing up your game.

He says his job is to keep me tame,

but we all know his reasons are political, thus lame.

Chef Jim as an opponent? How absurd.

Whatever made you think I wouldn't destroy this turd?

Either side of this argument I can win with ease.

Kicking financial planner ass? Please. A breeze.

So let's get down down the Ps and Qs

Chef is the target I will easily abuse.

EDIT: Oh, and :lol:, and, does Chef, or as I like to call him: one of the underpeople, still have the side that says it will all be fixed...soon?

Really I get this dumbass?? I've chosen a side and all he comes back with is some gay poem and asking if I'm still taking the side I orginally took. At least his post wasn't 173 lines long with 49 emoticons in it. :rolleyes:

Really I get this dumbass?? I've chosen a side and all he comes back with is some gay poem and asking if I'm still taking the side I orginally took. At least his post wasn't 173 lines long with 49 emoticons in it. :rolleyes:

It is a reasonable question given the circumstance.

It suits me to act with honor, before I wedgify your underpants.

I must whip you clean and briskly,

before I wash down your wounds with 2nd-rate whisky.

Since we aren't normally in contention,

it seems a quick kill is the necessary invention.

You calling "unfair" in the middle won't do,

You must be fully aware when I curbstomp you.

So we await 4merp4mer's decision,

but only you must contemplate your coming derision.

When he gets back from his first verse hiatus

We'll discuss the rest of this thread and its status

So far it all reminds me of flatus

Who knows it may improve and will fete us

to arguments that will enchant and............................something that rhymes.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I win.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

It's pretty. Almost as pretty as your gay poetry.

This match is unfair as soon you will see, because little Chef Jim knows nothing of IT.

Chef's had 3 chances to change his mind, he'll regret that, he soon will find.

I've made it harder by speaking in verse, doing it in prose makes the challenge...perverse.

How would Chef know if the deadline can be met? Reminds me of Fight Club, Chef picking the color set.

"Corn Flower Blue" Chef says in the meeting, completely unaware of his impending beating.

So he links to his link all satisfied and gay, not realizing the error he has made on this day.

Already the first punch has been landed by me, and after his next post, I should land another 3.

We'll see.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This match is unfair as soon you will see, because little Chef Jim knows nothing of IT.

Chef's had 3 chances to change his mind, he'll regret that, he soon will find.

I've made it harder by speaking in verse, doing it in prose makes the challenge...perverse.

How would Chef know if the deadline can be met? Reminds me of Fight Club, Chef picking the color set.

"Corn Flower Blue" Chef says in the meeting, completely unaware of his impending beating.

So he links to his link all satisfied and gay, not realizing the error he has made on this day.

Already the first punch has been landed by me, and after his next post, I should land another 3.

We'll see.

Of course I know nothing of IT.....I have a life. This has nothing to do with IT and everything to do with an Administration that knows if this thing doesn't work they are !@#$ed, the party is !@#$ed and most of all Obama's legacy is !@#$ed. I imagine Obama's is pissed to hell even if it is his fault and he will use all the resources he has to get it fixed and running right. This doesn't mean that the end result is going to be any good but I guarantee the the site will be up (and it is up) and running smoothly.

Edited by Chef Jim