Trying to find the positives from the EJ injury

Hplarrm

Isn't that what Kolb was supposed to be? Hard to predict things playing out the way they did in preseason, leaving the Bills in this situation. There really wasn't anyone better to bring in week 4 of preseason, was there? This mess has nothing to do with money.

If you can address the tjax cut, your argument may hold more water. As is, we had one better we released with no benefit to the team in the process.

We easily could've rolled with those 3 and practice squaded tuel, or cut one week 4 of preseason if everyone was healthy and looking good

Edited by NoSaint

If you can address the tjax cut, your argument may hold more water. As is, we had one better we released with no benefit to the team in the process.

We easily could've rolled with those 3 and practice squaded tuel, or cut one week 4 of preseason if everyone was healthy and looking good

I think the TJax cut is easier to question in the context of our current situation - 5 games into the season, one QB's career likely over before the season started, and one now out for 4-8 weeks. It made sense at the time it happened, though, when it was a new regime trying to get 2 QBs ready for the season without an incumbent and only 4 preseason games to evaluate them. A three or four QB competition at that time would have made no sense. The idea, before week 4 of the preseason, was Kolb and Manuel, with Tuel either 3rd or on the PS. I'm sure they weren't planning on going into the season with only 2 rookie QBs.

Edited by transient

I am not seeing any positives either. In fact, I am worried about the trickle down effect. Part of the reason that I am on board with Freeman is b/c guys like Robert Woods, TJ Graham and Marquis Goodwin need to continue to develop. I am not sure that is possible with Tuel or some of the other scrubs out on the market.

This!!!

I think the TJax cut is easier to question in the context of our current situation - 5 games into the season, one QB's career likely over before the season started, and one now out for 4-8 weeks. It made sense at the time it happened, though, when it was a new regime trying to get 2 QBs ready for the season without an incumbent and only 4 preseason games to evaluate them. A three or four QB competition at that time would have made no sense. The idea, before week 4 of the preseason, was Kolb and Manuel, with Tuel either 3rd or on the PS. I'm sure they weren't planning on going into the season with only 2 rookie QBs.

Sit jax on the bench as insurance until cut day then. It was wrong at the time, and our current situation is a symptom of the bad choice not just dumb luck.