Has anyone considered the fact...........

d_wag

wouldn't be the first time......i wouldn't be surprised to see a denial from the bills front office over the next couple days......

207177[/snapback]

You can drag a horse to water and the damn thing STILL wont see it.

No, that's certainly a possibility. However, given the circumstances, I suspect its probably pretty close to the truth.

I do have serious doubts that the Bills would be discussing any potential terms to a Travis Henry trade, however.

Usually the Bills-related "scoops" on ESPN are legit, because TD has a relationship with those guys from his days as an analyst.  Wouldn't be the first time he used ESPN to get his message "public."

207180[/snapback]

usually they are.....but in some cases (the "damien woody will sign with bills" mort scoop from last year springs to mind) they are wrong.........

i just wouldn't jump to conclusions until TD has his say on this.......

wouldn't be the first time......i wouldn't be surprised to see a denial from the bills front office over the next couple days......

207177[/snapback]

It's always possible. When it comes to sources though, I have a little more faith in Mort then a posters wife's brothers best friend who is a secretary at OBD.

And of course they will deny it, standard practice. It's a wait and see for everyone.

Usually the Bills-related "scoops" on ESPN are legit, because TD has a relationship with those guys from his days as an analyst.  Wouldn't be the first time he used ESPN to get his message "public."

207180[/snapback]

Dead on. TD has tipped Mort in the past. This is the way to get the ball rolling.

usually they are.....but in some cases (the "damien woody will sign with bills" mort scoop from last year springs to mind) they are wrong.........

i just wouldn't jump to conclusions until TD has his say on this.......

207194[/snapback]

Chances are Bills have already been in contact with David Dunn to try the restructure. This is likely a trial balloon to notify the Bledsoe camp publicly that the team is serious. It's also a hint to the league that Bledsoe may be on the trading block, and could be had for a reasonable draft pick. For the Bills, the cap hit is the same in a trade as in a cut.

Is unlikely that Mort made this story up. The Damien Woody story had a basis of truth in it, as Bills were interested in Woody and needed a G, they just got much better value for a RG in Villareal.

The Damien Woody story had a basis of truth in it, as Bills were interested in Woody

207208[/snapback]

they reported that "woody has reached an agreement with the bills".......what basis of truth is in that statement?

and who says the bills were interested in him at all?

they reported that "woody has reached an agreement with the bills".......what basis of truth is in that statement?

and who says the bills were interested in him at all?

207221[/snapback]

ESPN reported or CNN/SI?

I usually hit Steve's site for historical facts on free agency -

Bills Deny Woody Deal: The Bills have responded to a SI.com article about Damien Woody. The article said the Bills were close to a deal with the free agent center and guard. The Bills say they have had no contact with Woody or his agent.

Bills, Woody Close? Don Banks is reporting for CNNSI that the Bills and Damien Woody are close to an agreement on a contract. He is a highly regarded free agent that can play guard or center. We reported earlier, that the Bills and Dolphins are both battling for him, and he is scheduled to visit Miami tomorrow at this point. We will keep you updated on this developing story and any other free agent news involving the Bills.

Full recap of lastMarch 04 activity

Chances are Bills have already been in contact with David Dunn to try the restructure.  This is likely a trial balloon to notify the Bledsoe camp publicly that the team is serious.  It's also a hint to the league that Bledsoe may be on the trading block, and could be had for a reasonable draft pick.  For the Bills, the cap hit is the same in a trade as in a cut.

Is unlikely that Mort made this story up.  The Damien Woody story had a basis of truth in it, as Bills were interested in Woody and needed a G, they just got much better value for a RG in Villareal.

207208[/snapback]

VERY VERY VERY good points and probably EXACTLY why Mort got the story!

TD in one fail swoop both tells Drew he means business, and lets all the other teams no that Drew is now a question mark in Buff!

I can PROMISE that TD didnt end the discussion with Mort before the report and say "oops". This was a PLANNED information release!