(OT) I got my Buffett tix!!

bills_fan

But thats better than 14000 others there, you will have a blast

Cool thanx. Yeah the tix are in Stadium 2, according to the seating chart. I tried to stay in the center, looking right at the stage. One level down (Stadium 1) was an xtra 100 bucks for 2. 300 was just too much $$.

its like nascar and the grateful dead, ya don't get it to you see em live, the music is secondary, the fun is primary!!!! try it sometime, i guarantee it!

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Jimmy Buffet's music? I have tried and listened to a lot of his stuff... just don't get it... been to a live show once...fair

Anyway, I'm happy you're happy... have a good time!

15743[/snapback]

I've seen him 6 times.  The best was when I went with a group of about 80 people to the Merriweather post Pavilion outside Baltimore. 

Got to ride on an elevator with him and his band there in the late 80s. I was standing up for a friend's wedding and were staying in the same hotel they were (right by Merriweather Post). Didn't realize it was him and the band. We're in tuxes and theis "scraggly" group of guys get on. realized it was them when we got to the ground floor. There were a bunch of people in the lobby tring to get autographs.

The day before, some friends tried to Rosen the concert while I was at the rehearsal but they couldn't get in.

Buffett on the beach!!  Thats going to be a fantastic show.  I haven't seen him in years.  Little tailgate beforehand with the Parrotheads, I can't friggin wait!!

15703[/snapback]

Buffett's been a big sell-out for several years here in cincy. You're going to enjoy his show. Great singer? Nah. Musical genius? Nah. But what he is, is a great entertainer and showman after the fashion of oldsters like Andy Williams, Wayne Newton, the late Perry Como and so forth. He elicits fantastic audience participation, which is great fun.

You're in for a real fine time... ! :w00t:

Why doesn't he play outdoors in Florida anymore?

15882[/snapback]

You've got me. When I first moved here, he'd play an indoor show in Miami or Sunrise and then two outdoor shows later at Coral Sky in West Palm. He hasn't played that outdoor show in about 3 years.