here's a new Buffalo Bills Anthem (Free Download for #BillsMafia)

ldmgrand

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't necessarily call this song 'anthemic.'

That's what I would say. It isn't bad but, how can it be an anthem? An anthem would have to cross generations and be timeless, not dated. Too many references to current players, new coaches, etc... Could this be played 20 years from now? Maybe parts of it... Kinda like the Sabres "We're Gonna Win That Cup" from 1975, it is just not an anthem. NOW, Sabre Dance (Khachaturian) doubles nicely as an anthem for the team. Also, the Bills "Shout" is still an anthem. Fight songs can't be dated. Look @ the Bears and "that football team" (I did that on purpose-- ;-P ) from Washington D.C. ... Now they have "anthems" and fight songs! As somebody else said, Marv Levy's was a fight song... Even if he ripped it off of Lane Tech (I think it was Lane Tech, Chicago??).

Just saying... Again, it is not bad but, its just too dated from the get go.

My 2 cents... No offense!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Not a fan of the genre but I will say this: It takes a fair amount of courage to create and share something - especially on the internet where there isn't much empathy. Thanks for letting us check it out. :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

That's what I would say. It isn't bad but, how can it be an anthem? An anthem would have to cross generations and be timeless, not dated. Too many references to current players, new coaches, etc... Could this be played 20 years from now? Maybe parts of it... Kinda like the Sabres "We're Gonna Win That Cup" from 1975, it is just not an anthem. NOW, Sabre Dance (Khachaturian) doubles nicely as an anthem for the team. Also, the Bills "Shout" is still an anthem. Fight songs can't be dated. Look @ the Bears and "that football team" (I did that on purpose-- ;-P ) from Washington D.C. ... Now they have "anthems" and fight songs! As somebody else said, Marv Levy's was a fight song... Even if he ripped it off of Lane Tech (I think it was Lane Tech, Chicago??).

Just saying... Again, it is not bad but, its just too dated from the get go.

My 2 cents... No offense!

That's a good way to look at it

Not a fan of the genre but I will say this: It takes a fair amount of courage to create and share something - especially on the internet where there isn't much empathy. Thanks for letting us check it out. :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

Thank you.

Thanks for posting this. Contrary to what the others say, there is talent here.

The constructive criticism to make it better that seems universal.

1.You need a hook. Hot one line that people can chant in unison, that has different beat.

2. The background beat is a little repetitive. Mix it up a little.

3. There are some good lyrics, but a lot of them and some repeat. Tighten it up.

You're off to a great start, keep moving forward with it.

Thanks for posting this. Contrary to what the others say, there is talent here.

The constructive criticism to make it better that seems universal.

1.You need a hook. Hot one line that people can chant in unison, that has different beat.

2. The background beat is a little repetitive. Mix it up a little.

3. There are some good lyrics, but a lot of them and some repeat. Tighten it up.

You're off to a great start, keep moving forward with it.

Good viewpoint! Thank you.

I think my neighbors are going to know the lyrics by the time the game kicks off.

Thank you. Bills M.A.F.I.A. aka Most Amazing Fambase In America

• 3 weeks later...