I hate this.

You do realize that Whisenhunt's playcalling, which relied on Big Ben airing it out is the one thing that kept the Jets in the game, right?

206700[/snapback]

Well, that and the inability to tackle on special teams by Shittsburgh.

This was a lose-lose game for me. Jets win, I hate it. Squeelers win, I hate it. My only hope is that the Colts win and come in to Shittsburgh and kick the living hell out of them.

How is Big Ben better than Drew? That was the worst playoff performance I've seen in a long time. Yes, he's a rook, but that was pathetic. His team won in spite of him.

206721[/snapback]

That's how it's been all year, I'm tellin ya he's overrated.

Hmm.... I saw a Jets Kicker miss 2 opportunities to win a game. The Steelers did little to impress me. They won a game NOBODY wanted to win.

Steelers almost choked in the post season again, which is standard for them during the Cowher era . I'll believe it when the hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

That was a terrible game.

Hmm.... I saw a Jets Kicker miss 2 opportunities to win a game. The Steelers did little to impresss me. They won a game NOBODY wanted to win.

Steelers almost choked in the post season again, which is standard for them during the Cowher era . I'll believe it  when the hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

That was a terrible game.

206737[/snapback]

All around horrible for me.

I'm depressed tonight. Now I get to hear another week of Squeeler and Iggle sh---talk.

No TD.

Ummmm 5/6 of the strength of the Stillers team (their OLine) was acquired by Donahoe. Not to mention most of their Front7 and their best corner.

No Mularkey.

Mularkey has had Kordell, Maddox and Bledsoe for the last 3 years.

Tell me you wouldn't trade all three of those stiffs + a 1strndr to give Mularkey a Roethlisberger.

go from 6-10 to 15-1.

I'd like to see them play NE, NYJ, and Buffalo 3X a year instead of Cleveburgh, Cinci and Baltimore.

You do realize that Whisenhunt's playcalling, which relied on Big Ben airing it out is the one thing that kept the Jets in the game, right?

Believe it or not that guy has done that a few times this year, rarely to P'burgh's benefit. It's not just that he's asking a lot of a rookie either, you see stuff like them down 7 w/ the ball in the redzone late and he calls a toss wide on 2nd/short? :D With that offense? :w00t: What the hell was that?! :D

This was a lose-lose game for me. Jets win, I hate it. Squeelers win, I hate it. My only hope is that the Colts win and come in to Shittsburgh and kick the living hell out of them.

I'll agree with every word of that one, hoss.

Cy'all

All around horrible for me.

I'm depressed tonight. Now I get to hear another week of Squeeler and Iggle sh---talk.

206743[/snapback]

Cowher is one of the most overrrated Coaches in history. A 15-1 team plays like a scared high school team at home. He must have stag films of the Rooney family.

Cowher = Schottenheimer Jr.

So where's the f*cking help on our OL?

Since acquiring that cap/roster nightmare, TD/Modrak have acquired Vilarial, Jennings, BigMike, Campbell, Price, Euhus, DMoore, etc. It's not like they're blowing off the trench, they've arguably paid more attention to it than any other unit on the team. And you know waht? It's gotten better every year, making it's biggest stride in its most recent incarnation.

They're building it . And it's comin, mac ........ :w00t:

Cya

Since acquiring that cap/roster nightmare, TD/Modrak have acquired Vilarial, Jennings, BigMike, Campbell, Price, Euhus, DMoore, etc. It's not like they're blowing off the trench, they've arguably paid more attention to it than any other unit on the team. And you know waht? It's gotten better every year, making it's biggest stride in its most recent incarnation.

They're building it . And it's comin, mac ........  :w00t:

Cya

206764[/snapback]

Well, Until we end up with a Faneca on the line, I'll never believe it.

He's been trying, I'll give him that, just not doing that good of a job. :D

Ummmm 5/6 of the strength of the Stillers team (their OLine) was acquired by Donahoe. Not to mention most of their Front7 and their best corner.

Mularkey has had Kordell, Maddox and Bledsoe for the last 3 years.

Tell me you wouldn't trade all three of those stiffs + a 1strndr to give Mularkey a Roethlisberger.

I'd like to see them play NE, NYJ, and Buffalo 3X a year instead of Cleveburgh, Cinci and Baltimore.

Believe it or not that guy has done that a few times this year, rarely to P'burgh's benefit. It's not just that he's asking a lot of a rookie either, you see stuff like them down 7 w/ the ball in the redzone late and he calls a toss wide on 2nd/short?  :D  With that offense?  :w00t: What the hell was that?!  :D

I'll agree with every word of that one, hoss.

Cy'all

206749[/snapback]

Sorry Simon, but if I'm a Pittsburgh fan, my first response to your post is..."We're 4-0 against NE, the Jets and Buffalo, including beating your asses on your home field when you had everything to play for, we had nothing to play for, and we played our backups for a large portion of the game."

I was for the Jets, but let's give credit to the Steelers. They gutted the game out and got a win, which is all that matters. Right? Take out two plays (interception and punt return for Jets' TDs), and Big Ben doesn't have to throw the ball down field. Then his stats are a typical 12-20, 120 yards and a touchdown. But because the Jets put him in a situation where he had to throw, he made some mistakes. Still, his team won.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Sorry Simon, but if I'm a Pittsburgh fan, my first response to your post is..."We're 4-0 against NE, the Jets and Buffalo, including beating your asses on your home field when you had everything to play for, we had nothing to play for, and we played our backups for a large portion of the game."

I'm surrounded by Stiller fans so I hear that crap every weekend;-)

I don't buy the back-up nonsense. Those guys are still pro ballplayers and not significantly worse than the starters. They're also guys coming on the field with fresh legs, getting what may be their first and only opportunity to display their wares to teams across the league and also got more reps/attention in practice than they had all year.

let's give credit to the Steelers. They gutted the game out and got a win, which is all that matters. Right?

I didn't intend to disparage the Stillers. They play some of the toughest football in the world and I pointed out that I think that Donahoe did a fine job assembling them. I just meant that 15-1 may be too gaudy for what they really are, a very good team; and that nobody in the NFL would be 15-1 if they have 6 games scheduled vs NE/NYJ/Buff. They never had to go to NY, we may have split with them and remember when they played NE the Pats were w/o both OT's, both starting CB's and Corey Dillon.

Cya

They play some of the toughest football in the world and I pointed out that I think that Donahoe did a fine job assembling them.

206797[/snapback]

Do you have a list of their starters and who drafted them?

I'm Pretty sure Polamalu, Roethlisberger, Duce Staley, Burress, Joey Porter were ALL not TD pickups.

How is Big Ben better than Drew? That was the worst playoff performance I've seen in a long time. Yes, he's a rook, but that was pathetic. His team won in spite of him.

206721[/snapback]

That's not the exception this season, contrary to what the media wants you to believe.

I'm surrounded by Stiller fans so I hear that crap every weekend;-)

I don't buy the back-up nonsense. Those guys are still pro ballplayers and not significantly worse than the starters. They're also guys coming on the field with fresh legs, getting what may be their first and only opportunity to display their wares to teams across the league and also got more reps/attention in practice than they had all year.

I didn't intend to disparage the Stillers. They play some of the toughest football in the world and I pointed out that I think that Donahoe did a fine job assembling them. I just meant that 15-1 may be too gaudy for what they really are, a very good team; and that nobody in the NFL would be 15-1 if they have 6 games scheduled vs NE/NYJ/Buff. They never had to go to NY, we may have split with them and remember when they played NE the Pats were w/o both OT's, both starting CB's and Corey Dillon.

Cya

206797[/snapback]

I suppose I agree with that. For one thing, Pittsburgh winning at New England would be surprising. I think the Steelers are done next week, regardless of who wins the Colts-Pats game tomorrow.

Do you have a list of their starters and who drafted them?

I'm Pretty sure Polamalu, Roethlisberger, Duce Staley, Burress, Joey Porter were ALL not TD pickups.

Porter is a TD draft pick but the rest are since he left, although he probably heavily scouted Burress.

Of the top of my head:

Key guys acquired since TD left- Roethlisberger, Staley, Polamalu, Burress, Randle-El, Riemersma, Farrior, Willie Wlliams, Hoke

Key guys they've kept since TD left- MSmith/Faneca/Hartings/Ross/Tuman (OL L to R), Bettis, HinesWard, Kreider, AaronSmith(best DE), KimovonOelhoffen, Joey Porter, Clark Haggans, Chad Scott

About 7 key starters added-13 key holdovers from TD.

Cya

Porter is a TD draft pick but the rest are since he left, although he probably heavily scouted Burress.

Of the top of my head:

Key guys acquired since TD left- Roethlisberger, Staley, Polamalu, Burress, Randle-El, Riemersma, Farrior, Willie Wlliams, Hoke

Key guys they've kept since TD left- MSmith/Faneca/Hartings/Ross/Tuman (OL L to R), Bettis, HinesWard, Kreider, AaronSmith(best DE), KimovonOelhoffen, Joey Porter, Clark Haggans, Chad Scott

About 7 key starters added-13 key holdovers from TD.

Cya

206814[/snapback]

So most of the OL, some of the backfield and some of the DL. Maybe a 60-40 split?

Well, This team in Buffalo is pretty damn near 100% TD's, right?

how do you account for the severe level of difference in talent? Does Pitt have a better scouting Department?