Ron Jaworski's take on EJ (via Mike & Mike)

YoloinOhio

Comparing this year's Bills to last year's Seahawks (before the season):

QB - both unknown

Rbs - I think Spiller/ FJax is a better group

Wrs - I like our group better. I'd take SJ over Rice and the rest of the group are pretty equal

Oline - Edge to Seattle

TE - I'd give that to Chandler

D Line - Talent wise, it's the Bills (they didn't prove it however)

LBs & DBs - Seattle

YE OLE is with you on this one C. Biscuit. Everyone acts like Seattle is some powerhouse now and obviously they had this great depth of talent around Russ Wilson. The reality is prior to Russ Wilson stepping in they were coming off back to back 7-9 seasons under Pete Carroll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The rookies last year didn't do it all on their own. Wilson, who I would compare EJ to, had a great defense and running game to help him. The Bills will need to be the same way and not put it all on EJ's shoulders.

Based on last years QBs....

Luck---people circled him 3 years out.

RG3-- He was also expected to step right in and play.

Tannehill---had the big benefit of having his old coach as OC...thus familiar with the offense

Weeden-- Being older, and thus more mature, was more likely to be able to step up and start.

Wilson--surprise

With Seattle (I live there and have seen many of the games) it was a primary running, strong defense, and safe passing to start the season. Had flynn started over wilson Seattle likely wouldnt have been that far off on the team performance. He may have been more of a factor in Seattle's early season loses (at division foes that all were loses). In 2011 Seattle was a WC contender. If the kicker made an early season last second FG to beat Atlanta then on week 15 Seattle would have controlled their own playoff fate.

Indianapolis and clevelnad---I think its called luck (not the QB)

Last year it was the opposite ends of extrmees. Cleveland after week 14 was 5-8...a play or two in prior games they could easily have been 10-3. They had the ball with the chance to take the lead late in the 3rd or in the 4th in 6 of the 8 loses---in the other two--Giants losss they had an early 14-0 lead with the ball in the redzone---apick 6 change momentum. Against Cincinati it was a back and forth 7/14 point defecit. If the defense could have stopped Cincy on one series the game is tied. This is why many people think Cleveland actually may compete for a wild card spot since they have a strong defense and strong RB and a QB gaining experience. they should be able to turn some of these loses to wins and thus compete.

with Indianapolis....9 of their 11 wins were by one score or less and decided in the 4th quarter. They only convincingly beat JAX and HOU (with HOU resting their players in week 17). Had they not had this Luck and say ony won 5 instead of 9---they end up 7-9. This is why I am skeptical of some teams predictions of how Indy will do this year.

Agreed, but also take your shots. One thing that has been so very frustrating over a couple years is Spiller going deep and beating his man repeatedly only to have a terrible long ball thrown to him. EJ can throw it deep. I think we're going to see a mostly conservative game plan out of the Bills, but I also expect Hackett to have a few tricks up his sleeve.

I don't expect great play and 30 points, although I think the Bills have scored 30 or more against the Pats in 4 of the last 6 games (mostly because the Pats scored at will and we had to get in a shootout with them). But I'm excited to see how Marrone, Hackett and EJ get Spiller, Freddie, Stevie and the new fast guys the ball.

And I do know, that a few of the short balls that EJ threw in his preseason series were actually calls for long balls, he just didn't take them (whether or not they were there to be had I don't know).

It's on like a mofo in about 48 hours.

100% agreed. For some reason the only time Fitz overthrew anyone is when Spiller is wide open. I pray that they run 2 back sets with Spiller and FJax and force LBs or Ss to cover them. They can't.