Who's it going to be?

boyst

Alright, to follow up the other post about what stat it takes to win this game I now ask another question.

September 9th, 2013:

First, what player do we need to make the biggest step up to win this ball game?

and

Who is going to be the player we are going to be saying made the difference?

Then conversely...

Who is going to be the player we cannot chance having a down day?

and

Who is going to be the player we are going to say lost us the game?

There are no rules, but lets be creative. There was great creativity in our thread earlier...

We all know McKelvin and Rogers are going to be beaten up. No surprise. We all know the OL is going to have a lot of tests. You can pick one on defense and one on offense if you'd like, but give a brief synopsis on why you give the reply you do...

Cj needs to have a big day.

What that means is that Ej cannot just give him the ball up the middle for 3 yards.

Hackett needs to create screens, slants, and fullback/tight end protection runs for cj. (just to name a few examples) Predictable runs up the middle for a few yards is not going to cut it.

On Offense:

We really need Chandler to have a big game. We have had a problem finishing drives in the Red Zone and for a rookie, a TE is his best friend.

The player we will be talking about most on Monday is going to be Eric Wood on Wilfork. That Wilfork was controlled on the line by EW.

Defense:

We really need Manny Lawson to have a big game. We can only expect so much from our CB's and I am going to remain grounded with this bunch. Lawson going to coverage and adapting to contain a run is key.

On Monday I fear we are going to be dogging the return teams. It was so bipolar in preseason that I am just not sure if the glue has dried enough there to be successful.

On defense Jerry Hughes and/or Super Mario needs to sack/hit/rush/pressure/drop Brady many times. One of these monsters needs to have a field day. A couple of sacks, forced fumble, some batted balls. We need contributors on offense and defense.

Cj for offense

Mario as a defensive end

Hughes as a linebacker

Leodis IMO needs to play really well for us to have a shot. If he keeps getting turned around by Brady and co, it could be a long afternoon.

Made the differnce will be Kiko. Dude is an animal and I could see him forcing a big turnover

CJ cannot have a bad day. If he plays poorly we have no shot.

We are going to win so that question is irrelevant :thumbsup:

Good answers.

I'm going to go with EJ on offense. If he doesn't make any costly mistakes, like an untimely turnover or failing to connect on a wide open WR deep, then I'd say that greatly evens the odds. The defense is going to have their hands full, and they certainly don't need any offensive miscues to further set them back.

On defense, I'm going to say Kiko. BB and Brady are going to test to see if the Bills have solidified the middle. Why make high risk throws to unproven receivers if the middle of the field is there for the taking? If Kiko (and the rest of the LBs) can at least put up a fight against the RBs and TEs, it'll go a long way toward making this a contest.

Edited by uncle flap

Needs to make the biggest step up: Aaron Williams. This secondary is a tough group to pin your hopes on and he didn't really impress at safety in the preseason. He had better hit everyone he can, especially the inexperienced Pats' receivers. Make it so they aren't comfortable running routes all day. I just don't think an average day by A. Williams is going to cut it with Byrd and Gilmore out.

Made the difference: Spiller. He is finaaly the man from day one to start the season and he needs to take pressure off EJ. Puke baby, puke.

Can't chance having a down day offense: Wood vs. Wilfork.

Can't chance having a down day defense: Alonso vs. Running backs.

Step Up: I think Dareus has to step up and destroy the pocket/run game, that should help DBs. He needs to make a impact.

Made difference: EJ being able to manage the game and score enough to hang with Brady. Close 2nd McLovin not getting troched all day, coming up with a big interception.

Cant have down day on offense: Glenn, needs to keep Chandler Jones off EJ and help us run to the outside, so we avoid Wilfork and use CJs speed.

Cant have down day on defense: Mario needs to be every bit the potential player he can be, we need lots of pressure and shedding blocks.

I think Spiller is the easiest, quickest answer to both questions. EJ is an injured rookie starting his first pro game against a team that has completely dominated the Bills for years. The most you can hope is he doesn't make any screw-ups that cost the game. Anything more than that is a bonus. This is where CJ needs to take as much pressure off EJ as possible.

The more Spiller can bang out plays and eat up clock and keep chains moving, the less exposure the defense gets against Brady. I really feel that for the Bills the running game is the only shot at winning, and everything else revolves around that. Defense MUST make some plays and keep the score down. We can edge a low-scoring game, but if Brady and his pals get rolling and its a shootout - no chance.

Step Up: I think Dareus has to step up and destroy the pocket/run game, that should help DBs. He needs to make a impact.

Honest question: would you put money on him doing that? Because until he actually does it in big games, and consistently, the questions will be asked.

Alright, to follow up the other post about what stat it takes to win this game I now ask another question.

September 9th, 2013:

1. First, what player do we need to make the biggest step up to win this ball game?

and

2. Who is going to be the player we are going to be saying made the difference?

Then conversely...

3. Who is going to be the player we cannot chance having a down day?

and

4. Who is going to be the player we are going to say lost us the game?

There are no rules, but lets be creative. There was great creativity in our thread earlier...

We all know McKelvin and Rogers are going to be beaten up. No surprise. We all know the OL is going to have a lot of tests. You can pick one on defense and one on offense if you'd like, but give a brief synopsis on why you give the reply you do...

1. Doug Marrone. 2. Mike Pettine. 3. Nathaniel Hackett. 4. defeatist question that I refuse to answer.

I think Spiller is the easiest, quickest answer to both questions. EJ is an injured rookie starting his first pro game against a team that has completely dominated the Bills for years. The most you can hope is he doesn't make any screw-ups that cost the game. Anything more than that is a bonus. This is where CJ needs to take as much pressure off EJ as possible.

The more Spiller can bang out plays and eat up clock and keep chains moving, the less exposure the defense gets against Brady. I really feel that for the Bills the running game is the only shot at winning, and everything else revolves around that. Defense MUST make some plays and keep the score down. We can edge a low-scoring game, but if Brady and his pals get rolling and its a shootout - no chance.

Honest question: would you put money on him doing that? Because until he actually does it in big games, and consistently, the questions will be asked.

No I wouldnt put money on it. Thats why I picked him as the player that has to step up. Would be awesome to see him do it against the Cheatriots. Im prepared for a rough game, but until it happens I stay in dreamland.