Walmart kills people

Just Jack

Well, Walmart folks are stupid. I was there yesterday buying an item and they didn't have it on file. The cashier called the FE manager who came and had to walk back to the aisle...in the very back. Well, before he left I told him they do not have any more on the shelf and there was no sticker and I could show him the item on my phone. He said, no problem, I will find it on my Palm Pilot here and won't need to do that because we need the UPC... as I told him I have the UPC on my phone he walked away.

He comes back 10 minutes later saying, guess what, there is no more left. He comes back, I explain to him to get a tape measure and we can measure the item to make sure it is right one according to the listening and we can even look at the color options. He said without a number he cannot do anything, so I give him the UPC code. He punches it on the Palm and finds it, boom, same price, same everything. He said "Oh wow, that was pretty cool how you did that."

As I checked out, they said sorry we had to do that, it's procedure. I was nice and said "it's ok, they don't pay you enough to think." About 5 seconds later after a puzzling look they got offended.

Well, Walmart folks are stupid. I was there yesterday buying an item and they didn't have it on file. The cashier called the FE manager who came and had to walk back to the aisle...in the very back. Well, before he left I told him they do not have any more on the shelf and there was no sticker and I could show him the item on my phone. He said, no problem, I will find it on my Palm Pilot here and won't need to do that because we need the UPC... as I told him I have the UPC on my phone he walked away.

He comes back 10 minutes later saying, guess what, there is no more left. He comes back, I explain to him to get a tape measure and we can measure the item to make sure it is right one according to the listening and we can even look at the color options. He said without a number he cannot do anything, so I give him the UPC code. He punches it on the Palm and finds it, boom, same price, same everything. He said "Oh wow, that was pretty cool how you did that."

As I checked out, they said sorry we had to do that, it's procedure. I was nice and said "it's ok, they don't pay you enough to think." About 5 seconds later after a puzzling look they got offended.

If you mind me asking, what was the item and value?

They didn't trust you. Why is that stupid?

$70? $80? A powered cooler. I had needed a new one.

Cool. They probably had to walk back there than take your word. What would have happened if they found a tag @ a higher price or they punched it and it was higher? I don't think they have to honor the online price. ??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Cool. They probably had to walk back there than take your word. What would have happened if they found a tag @ a higher price or they punched it and it was higher? I don't think they have to honor the online price. ??

I wouldn't have really cared, because I would have asked for a manager and asked them to pull it up on their system and tell me how mine is different then the online advertisement.

$70? $80? A powered cooler. I had needed a new one.

Like Coleman makes?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-40-Quart-PowerChill-Thermoelectric-Cooler-with-Power-Cord-Black-Silver/21156022

I have an older version, works great for traveling, just have to remember to not leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter overnight.

Like Coleman makes?

http://www.walmart.c...Silver/21156022

I have an older version, works great for traveling, just have to remember to not leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter overnight.

yep. Except it was $88.88. I had an old one, I have the cord but not sure where the cooler is...I was hoping it'd fit in to my toolbox, but it doesn't. I am working on saving to get a high power inverter installer to run freezers, when I do I will include a plug in port and EZ jump line. It'll be a few years, I'd like some Nathan air chimes and a compressor hooked up as well...it'll cost $3k to do it all.

The last time I went to Walmart they had ONE register open and the line was halfway down the width of the store. That was about four years ago and I refuse to shop there any more. Also, I was annoyed with the customers who insist taking electronics out of their boxes to examine. There's a picture of it on the box, idiots.

The last time I went to Walmart they had ONE register open and the line was halfway down the width of the store. That was about four years ago and I refuse to shop there any more. Also, I was annoyed with the customers who insist taking electronics out of their boxes to examine. There's a picture of it on the box, idiots.

Shop at Walmart enough, when you have no other choice, of course, and you'll understand why they do this. There are time where you buy something without looking at someone has taken out a wire or two because they needed it. Then you go to the store to say you didn't get the wire and want to return it...good luck. It's not as bad as they used to be, but it used to be impossible to return things there.

Shop at Walmart enough, when you have no other choice, of course, and you'll understand why they do this. There are time where you buy something without looking at someone has taken out a wire or two because they needed it. Then you go to the store to say you didn't get the wire and want to return it...good luck. It's not as bad as they used to be, but it used to be impossible to return things there.

What you are citing is an effect of people taking stuff out to examine or what not. I think the previous poster meant that if nobody touched the stuff, it would all be there...

Simple solution: Just make sure the original seal is not broken.

Some packaging is getting wise though. That is a good thing! Like chargers. They are all packed up and leave the tip out, so you can check to see if the product is compatible.