A Few Belated and Abbreviated Thoughts About The Game.....

The late round draft pick used by the Skins to select Morris was acquired in Shanahan's trade of Haynesworth. There is no doubt that Morris had a superb year last year but the player who catapulted that team into the playoffs was RGIII. In three years Shanahan dramatically overturned that roster and has put it in position to be a SB competing team. Shanahan and his staff have done a tremendous job in rebuilding a very flawed roster that they inherited three years ago. You might not want to give him much credit but I do. Compare what he has accomplished to what the Bills have accomplished in the same time frame and then make a judgment as to how good a job he has done?

John,

Comparing the Redskins to the Bills is not Apples to Apples comparison. Shanahan and Chan Gailey are not even in the same league. I was simply stating that the Redskins success last year was a lot due to the running of the unheralded Alfred Morris, more so than due to RGIII or Shanahan.

I'm surprised by bill in ny. Gilmore is the real deal man. This year he was going to be a true shut down corner. I was not happy with leodis' play year 2 or 3. but Gilmore being a star is very noticeable. I'm surprised. I'm also a poster that goes against the current,but I think you're wrong about Gilmore.

I can see how you think Freddy is shot. It's still a little early. The games dont count. His slower speed is evident. I'll give you that. But the injury and preseason in nature may be a reason. I can give him a shot at #2. At least this coach is not having a freddy/cj competition.... At least...

It's Bill...he's very astute in many ways; it just so happens that his aversion to 1st round CBs prevents him from fairly judging Gilmore.

Toughest parts of the game to take was Gilmore getting torched on back to back plays by a third string QB. Also Goodwin not pulling on that perfect bomb. You could not throw that much better than leading Goodwin a few feet. He needed to catch that for him to be what he needs to be.

That was Rex Grossman...yeah, he wasn't a great starter in this league, but he's better than a 3rd stringer.

A side note as I live in NoVA. All the offseason talk about getting a better field and not going with the new field turf after Shanny ran RGIII's knee into the ground ...

The new field that they installed looked like cr@p in the 3rd quarter. After that I was too dumbfounded to take any further notice.

RGIII will be playing on dirt very shortly.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever