Mario's contract is basically a 2 year deal

I think that the reporters are trying to point out that the wrist injury was not a real one, but something mostly psychosomatic and Williams' procedure had a placebo effect. What kind of surgery could he have had if he was ready to play within one week?

Which I think is a ridiculous assertion by any reporter who thinks that. How could they possibly have any idea what pain Mario was in pre-surgery or how much better he felt after? His play certainly bore it out. So maybe AP's ACL tear was all in his head since he came back so fast and played at such a high level? Questioning guy's injuries puts them on a slippery slope.

Edited by biglukes

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, maybe, just maybe, Mario is resting a small injury a week BEFORE the first pre-season game. Funny thing, everybody called him out on the arm, yet once he got surgery, he played up to expectations (if you were paying attention).

And leave it to Sully to stir the pot days after the nonsensical, pointless hubbub had died down.

MMD, you and Jerry Sullivan and your shared negativity are about as useful as the non-Glengarry leads.

I sold on those leads, now hit the bricks.

Which I think is a ridiculous assertion by any reporter who thinks that. How could they possibly have any idea what pain Mario was in pre-surgery or how much better he felt after? His play certainly bore it out. So maybe AP's ACL tear was all in his head since he came back so fast and played at such a high level? Questioning guy's injuries puts them on a slippery slope.

The reason they questioned the injury mirrored the team's view on it. Gailey apparently didn't even know about the injury. Again, what kind of surgery did he have that he was fully rehabbed during the bye week?

I think that the reporters are trying to point out that the wrist injury was not a real one, but something mostly psychosomatic and Williams' procedure had a placebo effect. What kind of surgery could he have had if he was ready to play within one week?

lancing a ganglion cyst perhaps. freeing a pinched nerve perhaps. debris- cleaning of a bursa perhaps. clipping a torn hangnail perhaps.

Bingo, we have a smart man. Drama Queens have a tendency to blow everything up, placebo procedures & now I'm cured. What's up next:

The reason they questioned the injury mirrored the team's view on it. Gailey apparently didn't even know about the injury. Again, what kind of surgery did he have that he was fully rehabbed during the bye week?

Fully rehabbed? He was still wearing wrist protection after the surgery. It's not like he came back and had full function of his wrist...

EDIT: Your stance sounds like Tim Graham's stance...

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I'm no pro athlete, but I had minor groin surgery a few months ago and was back to hockey after two weeks. I know it's not exactly a perfect comparison, but there are definitely procedures that can make a big difference in how you feel and don't require a long recovery.

We went over this when it happened. He had his wrist "scoped," which is a minimally invasive procedure. In a very simple sense, the Dr. inserts a narrow tube that clears out the "junk." In Mario's case he had scar tissue removed from his ligaments/tendons which immediately increased his range of motion and alleviated the pain he was suffering.

Arthroscopic Wrist Surgery: http://www.assh.org/...rthroscopy.aspx

Edited by uncle flap

I'm no pro athlete, but I had minor groin surgery a few months ago and was back to hockey after two weeks. I know it's not exactly a perfect comparison, but there are definitely procedures that can make a big difference in how you feel and don't require a long recovery.

I can see that, it's just that you don't have to move 300 LBS hockey players out of the way to get to your goal.

We went over this when it happened. He had his wrist "scoped," which is a minimally invasive procedure. In a very simple sense, the Dr. inserts a narrow tube that clears out the "junk." In Mario's case he had scarred tissue removed from his ligaments/tendons which immediately increased his range of motion and alleviated the pain he was suffering.

Arthroscopic Wrist Surgery: http://www.assh.org/...rthroscopy.aspx

Pssssh don't bring actual medical procedures into this

Fully rehabbed? He was still wearing wrist protection after the surgery. It's not like he came back and had full function of his wrist...

EDIT: Your stance sounds like Tim Graham's stance...

It doesn't matter whose stance I mirror. I just find very odd coincidences in Mario's actions. No word about the wrist during training camp. Gets schooled by a practice squad tackle in week one, suddenly the wrist problem appears. Participates in all otas, passed team physical, and one day later develops a mystery foot ailment.

If this were TO, no one would bat an eye lash. I have no problem with him being a drama queen as long he performs. But there are far more incidentals revolving around Mario than any other player on the team. It's ridiculous to ignore it.

Edited by GG

It doesn't matter whose stance I mirror. I just find very odd coincidences in Mario's actions. No word about the wrist during training camp. Gets schooled by a practice squad tackle in week one, suddenly the wrist problem appears. Participates in all otas, passed team physical, and one day later develops a mystery got ailment.

If this were TO, no one would bat an eye lash. I have no problem with him being a drama queen as long he performs. But there are far more incidentals revolving around Mario than any other player on the team. It's ridiculous to ignore it.

Is there far more incidents or is it because he is the highest player on the team, he gets more coverage? and scrutiny?

Is there far more incidents or is it because he is the highest player on the team, he gets more coverage? and scrutiny?

He gets as much coverage as the other stars, but for whatever reason, there's far less drama with the others. Even Stevie is tame by comparison.

There's a lot of opinion about Mario that he came to the Bills only because the other teams were smart enough to pass on him. These Bumbling Bills can't do anything right, so signing Mario must have been a mistake. This comes from not just from some fans but people being paid a salary to write about the team.

I couldn't disagree more. When you consider the position he plays, his talent, his age, and that there weren't any draft picks given up to get him it was completely the right move.

It doesn't matter whose stance I mirror. I just find very odd coincidences in Mario's actions. No word about the wrist during training camp. Gets schooled by a practice squad tackle in week one, suddenly the wrist problem appears. Participates in all otas, passed team physical, and one day later develops a mystery foot ailment.

Didnt the wrist happen in the final preseason game? Are we really on a "he made it up" kick now?

Did his foot problem show up after he decided to get a few extra days away from the beginning of camp to go on his own for a second opinion ?

The Bills sent him for a second opinion. To the same guy they sent Kyle Williams and Schobel to. It's not like he just took off.

Didnt the wrist happen in the final preseason game? Are we really on a "he made it up" kick now?

No, we're simply parroting what Texans fans were saying for the first five years of his career. He does get production, but there's always a back story. It's not like this just started happening when he arrived in Orchard Park.