ACT UP protest on RNC floor

Just to point out that the violent behavior is coming from all sides here in NYC:

Channel 7 news here in the city showed footage of the ACT UP (AIDS awareness group) protest that somehow made its way onto the floor of MSG. The protesters were (rightfully) arrested, but what caught my eye was the young republican who kicked one of the protesters who was on the ground being wrested down by police. The republican kid stated in an interview following that he was defending himself -- against someone who was down on the ground, subdued by the police?!

I sure as hell hope that this footage is forwarded to the police. This kid should go to jail for assault. I don't care how much money his parents make.

Did anyone else see this?

Maybe he was a little upset at having urine or blood sprayed at him from squirt gun toting 'protesters'. Or maybe it was the harassment he endured in trying to enter the arena?

Oh yea...I'm sure it had something to do with his rich parents, because we know in your world all conservatives are rich...right?

Maybe he was a little upset at having urine or blood sprayed at him from squirt gun toting 'protesters'.

I have searched for and didn't find anything about the ACT UP folks doing this, but say I give you the benefit of the doubt. Apparently your Mom and Dad taught you that two wrongs make a right. Kicking someone when he's down=good family values.

Or maybe it was the harassment he endured in trying to enter the arena?

The harrassment comes courtesy of the 1st amendment. If you don't like it, move somewhere else. And if you REALLY don't like it, don't hold your convention in enemy political territory.

My point was, why did the kid get away with this?

Oh yea...I'm sure it had something to do with his rich parents, because we know in your world all conservatives are rich...right?

Naah, most of the Republican delegates are though (and news flash, Bush ain't that conservative). I can find this information for you if you want it.

The harrassment comes courtesy of the 1st amendment.  If you don't like it, move somewhere else.  And if you REALLY don't like it, don't hold your convention in enemy political territory.

Am I the only one noticing this particular bit of irony?

Just to point out that the violent behavior is coming from all sides here in NYC:

Channel 7 news here in the city showed footage of the ACT UP (AIDS awareness group) protest that somehow made its way onto the floor of MSG.  The protesters were (rightfully) arrested, but what caught my eye was the young republican who kicked one of the protesters who was on the ground being wrested down by police.  The republican kid stated in an interview following that he was defending himself -- against someone who was down on the ground, subdued by the police?!

I sure as hell hope that this footage is forwarded to the police.  This kid should go to jail for assault.  I don't care how much money his parents make.

Did anyone else see this?

15380[/snapback]

I didn't see it, as I make it a practice not to watch these liars fawn all over themselves. That's really the part that makes me ill. Especially with the Republicans. They campaign as if they are the party that obeys the Constitution, then govern almost completely the other direction.

End of that rant. If it happened as you say it did, the guy should be arrested. There's no reason to believe it won't happen, since it's obviously on tape.

I didn't see it, as I make it a practice not to watch these liars fawn all over themselves.  That's really the part that makes me ill.  Especially with the Republicans.  They campaign as if they are the party that obeys the Constitution, then govern almost completely the other direction.

End of that rant.  If it happened as you say it did, the guy should be arrested.  There's no reason to believe it won't happened, since it's obviously on tape.

15430[/snapback]

I was going to watch last night but as it turned out, my toe nails needed clipping and that task offered far more intellectual stimulation than watching the convention. I did watch the the Daily show and convention coverage late so I am up to speed on what's going on.

I was going to watch last night but as it turned out, my toe nails needed clipping and that task offered far more intellectual stimulation than watching the convention.  I did watch the the Daily show and convention coverage late so I am up to speed on what's going on.

16274[/snapback]

Ah, using my strategy for following the conventions, I see. :w00t:

I was going to watch last night but as it turned out, my toe nails needed clipping and that task offered far more intellectual stimulation than watching the convention.

So sad...I watched the Dems just to see their side and give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they coulda swayed me. People seem so polarized that they won't be open to listening to the other side.