Illegal Aliens...

On Long Island, there is a huge number of illegal aliens. They are everywhere, and the number seems to be rising every day. Whatever statistics that the government put forth are just not true.

Nothing will change because:

1) Dems view them as potential voters, servants, and cheap labor.

2) Repubs view them as cheap labor for their big business friends, servants, and they dont want to risk losing some of the strides they have made in terms of gaining hispanic votes.

Although I do not view them as "bad people," the very term "illegal" should mean something. Instead, they are allowed to congregate on the streets, literally hundreds at a time, awaiting work from local contractors, restaurants, etc.

As with any group, there is a small criminal element. The Suffolk County Executive, Steve Levy, proposed that the police be deputized to deport those involved in illegal activity. He was taken to task, and called a racist.

Many state that "they are doing jobs that nobody else wants to do." This could be true, but I dont see how this is relevant again, if someone is not legally here.

Something also tells me that these 'unwanted jobs" would pay more if there were no illegals to drive down costs, and help greedy companies weaken the labor movement.

I am not a libertarian. That nonsense about fists and noses is trite and all inclusive. That said, I agree with AD on one thing....there are issues where you will get zero help from either party.

One last point...Steve Levy is a democrat. He is a young, pragmatic leader who, as a State Assemblyman, voted against the smoking ban (in bars, not restaurants) in NYS, against the wishes of his speaker. He said it was unfair, and would hurt businesses. I would gladly support him for higher office, and people like him are the only glimmer of hope that I see for Dems, assuming the party has not already been almost completely captured by the left wing radicals and is too far gone.

You don't know what you're talking about. Down at the office aliens fill out the forms: a pink one, a red one, etc. When they get up to the counter to see what they think, the agents said "it doesn't count man, it ain't written in ink".

Bill, consideration for your fellow man would not hurt anybody. It sure fits in with my plan. They say "Over the border, there lies the promised land." It's no fun being an illegal alien.

You don't know what you're talking about. Down at the office aliens fill out the forms: a pink one, a red one, etc. When they get up to the counter to see what they think, the agents said "it doesn't count man, it ain't written in ink".

Bill, consideration for your fellow man would not hurt anybody. It sure fits in with my plan. They say "Over the border, there lies the promised land." It's no fun being an illegal alien.

202944[/snapback]

>>>It's no fun being an illegal alien.<<<

Maybe you are right. I wish them no harm, but have a tough time caring about their plight.

202944[/snapback]

:):lol:

for some odd reason, i always liked that song!

Yes, and I frequently spend hours crying.

202999[/snapback]

You are asking all kinds of questions, to yourself, but never finding the answers? Crying at the top of your voice? And no one listening?

All this time, Bill, I still remember everything you said. There’s so much you promised about WMD, Bush's Democratic Iraq, etc. How could I ever forget.

Listen, you know ... I just can’t take this- I’m playing for keeps.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I NEVER have had any problem with illegal aliens. Without the opportunity the US has provided my ancestors, I would not be here. My problems are these TWO main points:

1. Illegals should NEVER, EVER get ANY sort of aid from the government. That is why they are 'illegal'... if you want to enter the US and not do it the right way because of various reasons, *I* don't want to pay for it... the solution is to become LEGAL.

2. Illegals, along with many LEGAL aliens should LEARN ENGLISH. If you come to the United States and show no initiative to learn English, then that is plain laziness... no one should live in U.S. and NOT learn English if you live here for years and years. Dual language aids are fine by me.

Don't PRETEND not to know English either.. I HATE that!

Depending on the source, it has been reported that anywhere from 3 to 7 of them were here on expired visas - making them illegal aliens.

204161[/snapback]

Technically, in the broad scope of the term, that is true.

I think generally when people speak of illegal aliens they are talking about

undocumented people who have entered the U.S. illegally (ex. mexicans crossing the boarder illegally to seek work.)

The terrorists were nonimmigrant overstays - violating their visas by staying beyond the expiration date. But yes, that would make them illegal aliens as well.