Create-A-QB

If you could pick and choose, physical and mental traits, of all the QB's in the NFL and combine them, what would they look like?

Try and limit your QB to having only only trait from any other QB.

Feel free to add or delete any of these categories while making yours. I felt these to be some of the biggest factors IMO. I chose to keep it with present players but if you want to go old school, make it worth it!

Hope to see some interesting combinations.

Sincerely,

-Bored at Work

Here's my Super-Q...seriously.

Stature: doug fluite

Pocket Presence: Rob johnson

Arm Strength: Trent Edwards

Accuracy: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Scramble Ability: Drew Bledsoe

Decision Making:Billy Joe hobert

Leadership: Travaris Jackson

agian, I am being completely serious......pffft hhahah hhamuhahhaaa MMMUAHAHAHAH

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my Super-Q...seriously.

Stature: doug fluite

Pocket Presence: Rob johnson

Arm Strength: Trent Edwards

Accuracy: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Scramble Ability: Drew Bledsoe

Decision Making:Billy Joe hobert

Leadership: Travaris Jackson

agian, I am being completely serious......pffft hhahah hhamuhahhaaa MMMUAHAHAHAH

Very funny stuff BUT…

teammates of T Jackson rave about his leadership ability. He's played injured a lot and his been a model teammate wherever he's been.

Also, while he was a glove-wearing Mary, etc. Trent had a stronger arm than Flutie… inasmuch as Flutie was a much better QB.

Very funny stuff BUT…

teammates of T Jackson rave about his leadership ability. He's played injured a lot and his been a model teammate wherever he's been.

Also, while he was a glove-wearing Mary, etc. Trent had a stronger arm than Flutie… inasmuch as Flutie was a much better QB.

t edwards used his wrist to throw even on deep balls. His "deep" ball often fluttered and went through the air about 30 yrds maybe 40 maximum, Flutie would put it deep all the time with no flutter and it would travel some 50 yards at times but usually around 40, his BC hailmary was about 60 if im not mistaken so your take on flutie vs trent is incorrect. Trents arm was also visibly weaker while flutie had some short but thick mini-guns.

As for TJ I was referring to all the onfield leadership we saw him display as a Bill : ) Also I had used up all the current bills qb's besides losman but he did actually come across w decent leadership ability. I could have put trent there but that would have left losman as the arm strength guy which was actually true!

Where is toughness? A number of supposedly great QBs have been hit and break very easily. This was the essential characteristic of Jim Kelly - a QB in a LB body who could not only take hits but give them when necessary/

t edwards used his wrist to throw even on deep balls. His "deep" ball often fluttered and went through the air about 30 yrds maybe 40 maximum, Flutie would put it deep all the time with no flutter and it would travel some 50 yards at times but usually around 40, his BC hailmary was about 60 if im not mistaken so your take on flutie vs trent is incorrect. Trents arm was also visibly weaker while flutie had some short but thick mini-guns.

As for TJ I was referring to all the onfield leadership we saw him display as a Bill : ) Also I had used up all the current bills qb's besides losman but he did actually come across w decent leadership ability. I could have put trent there but that would have left losman as the arm strength guy which was actually true!

You know you're right about Flutie vs Trent arm strength-wise.

In that case I nominate Matt Kofler for arm strength. He had a serious rag arm. Ferragamo also had a weak arm as did Kelly Holcomb.

And sadly, there are others…

You know you're right about Flutie vs Trent arm strength-wise.

In that case I nominate Matt Kofler for arm strength. He had a serious rag arm. Ferragamo also had a weak arm as did Kelly Holcomb.

And sadly, there are others…

yes i thought the same thing, how sad it is that for arm strength I could have said trent, holcolm, and of course fitzpatrick, sadly the ones with the best arms had little brains, losman and RJ. But I could easily just use one guy and make the same joke for almost all categories...here goes...

Stature:: rob johnsons nose...nothing stood out so prominently

Pocket Presence: Trent edwards...he was always right in one, until he got sacked

Arm wrist Strength: Trent Edwards

Accuracy: trent edwards (not hard when you throw only to running backs)

Scramble out of bounds Ability: trent edwards ( and is running backwards and to the right everytime a scramble?)

Leadership: Trent edwards ( he lead the his team in new hair styles every year)

Toughness: Trent edwards ( its hard to last over 3 plays in the NFL) nod to RJ who once got knocked out the first play of a game. flutie won it,but rj got the official "Win"

Decision Making:Billy Joe hobert (you cant beat admitting you dont know the playbook)

If you could pick and choose, physical and mental traits, of all the QB's in the NFL and combine them, what would they look like?

Try and limit your QB to having only only trait from any other QB.

Here's my Super-Q...

Stature: Big Ben

Pocket Presence: Aaron Rodgers

Arm Strength: Matt Stafford

Accuracy: Matt Ryan

Scramble Ability: Cam Newton

Decision Making: Tom Brady (that hurts me to say)

Leadership: Peyton Manning

Feel free to add or delete any of these categories while making yours. I felt these to be some of the biggest factors IMO. I chose to keep it with present players but if you want to go old school, make it worth it!

Hope to see some interesting combinations.

Sincerely,

-Bored at Work

Short-to-intermediate accuracy: Kelly Holcomb

Intermediate-to-deep accuracy: Rob Johnson

Sack avoidance: Doug Flutie

Stature: Drew Bledsoe

Arm strength: J.P. Losman

Scrambling ability: Tarvaris Jackson

Decision-making: Ryan Fitzpatrick

If you could combine the best attributes of the Bills' post-Kelly quarterbacks, you'd have a franchise QB.

Best topic of the Doldrum Weeks so far. 24 more days until Training Camp. Hope to see many of you there.

Best Touch: Drew Brees

Best Long Ball: Matt Stafford

Best Pocket Presence: Aaron Rodgers

Best Stature: Ben Roethlisberger

Worst on Roller Coaster or Waterslide: Tom Brady

Biggest Bust: Sanchez

Best Interview: Terry Bradshaw

Best Future: EJ Manuel

Stature: Rapelisberger

Pocket Presence: Manning

Arm Strength: Dog Killer

Accuracy: Rodgers

Scramble Ability: RG III

Decision Making: Flacco

Leadership: Peyton Manning

Durability: The Retarded Manning

Face of the Franchise: Andy Dalton (his hair color matches his helmet :D )

The "IT" Factor: Brady :sick:

Edited by justnzane

trent even checked down his own deep passes.

Don't really feel like reading through all these, but toughness/grit/leadership: Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gonna miss that dude. Just wish he was a little better.

very true.he wasn't a wimp. he was a good athlete.he never hung his head. It was so disappointing that he didn't have the passing talent or football brilliance.We would have loved to have rooted for him--warts and all. he coulda been our Joe Kapp.

Very funny stuff BUT…

Wouldn't Alex van pelt be a better arm strength candidate in this bills all star team?

Don't really feel like reading through all these, but toughness/grit/leadership: Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gonna miss that dude. Just wish he was a little better.

Yes agreed. Although there was a question mark about him, I always wondered if he wanted to win bad enough to relentlessly work his game in the down time a la Brady. No question he gave his all on game day.

Wouldn't Alex van pelt be a better arm strength candidate in this bills all star team?

Great call.

AVP had a great mind for quarterback, better than Fitz, IMO.

But like Fitz his arm disqualified him from being anything other than a backup-quality quarterback.

And to take this full circle, Matt Barkley is a guy who has everything.

I believe that his arm will limit his success in the NFL.

Many others don't agree.

NFL teams obviously hedged by him lasting until the 4th round.

Perhaps he'll prove his detractors wrong.

Great call.

AVP had a great mind for quarterback, better than Fitz, IMO.

But like Fitz his arm disqualified him from being anything other than a backup-quality quarterback.

And to take this full circle, Matt Barkley is a guy who has everything.

I believe that his arm will limit his success in the NFL.

Many others don't agree.

NFL teams obviously hedged by him lasting until the 4th round.

Perhaps he'll prove his detractors wrong.

> AVP had a great mind for quarterback, better than Fitz, IMO.

In that case, maybe I should put AVP into the "decision making" slot, and create a new "toughness/leadership" spot for Fitz.

> And to take this full circle, Matt Barkley is a guy who has everything. I believe that his arm will limit his success in the NFL.

Obviously, concerns about his arm strength were more deeply seated than I'd realized; or else he wouldn't have lasted until the fourth round. It's quite possible his lack of arm strength will prove his Achilles Heel; preventing what otherwise would have been a very successful career.

Several years after having drafted Aaron Rodgers, the Packers used a second round pick on Craig Nall. That decision on the Packers' part doesn't seem to have irreparably damaged Rodgers' self-confidence or mental ability to play. If a guy is truly confident in himself, he's going to look at competition at the QB position as a challenge, and an opportunity to prove that he's better than any other guy on the team.

If Barkley can achieve the same level of arm strength as Montana or Brady, he has the potential to become a franchise quarterback. I would much rather the Bills used their third round pick on him, than on a WR who didn't even start for his own college team.

I'm going to try to create a great QB using only mediocre quarterbacks.

Stature: Vince Young

Pocket Presence: Doug Flutie

Arm Strength: JaMarcus Russell

Accuracy: Chad Pennington

Scramble Ability: Mike Vick

Decision Making: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Leadership: Tim Tebow

Swagger: Scrubs don't have swag