Xbox One - WOW!!

ajzepp

So I'm working from home today and at 12:30 this show comes on Spike about the new Xbox 360 and Xbox One games coming out soon. They've been showing lots of actual game play footage and I have to say that I've never seen anything like this.

I started off with the Atari 2600 back in the early 80s like a lot of you. I was heavily into the Sega Genesis and the Nintendo NES, but then I dropped out of the gaming world prior to the launch of the original PlayStation. I've dabbled a bit here and there, and started getting somewhat heavily into GTA IV on the Xbox 360, but that's about it. I'm very strongly considering picking up an Xbox One when it comes out in November ($499 is the reported price point). These games are absolutely stunning looking!

I can't post Youtube clips while I'm working, so if anyone sees any, please post away.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really up on this... But it will cost you, in more ways than one. Can't share games you already own. You will own the sh*t and pay for the service. Guess what if you aren't hooked up to the internet for 24 hour prior? What's up with the 1 hour limit. The publisher and MS will own you and your first born son!

Hey, give 'em what they want!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420118,00.asp

So I'm working from home today and at 12:30 this show comes on Spike about the new Xbox 360 and Xbox One games coming out soon. They've been showing lots of actual game play footage and I have to say that I've never seen anything like this.

I started off with the Atari 2600 back in the early 80s like a lot of you. I was heavily into the Sega Genesis and the Nintendo NES, but then I dropped out of the gaming world prior to the launch of the original PlayStation. I've dabbled a bit here and there, and started getting somewhat heavily into GTA IV on the Xbox 360, but that's about it. I'm very strongly considering picking up an Xbox One when it comes out in November ($499 is the reported price point). These games are absolutely stunning looking!

I can't post Youtube clips while I'm working, so if anyone sees any, please post away.

The problem is that nearly all the gameplay footage shown is actually run on a PC. In fact, the entire Battlefield 4 gameplay reveal was played on a PC rather than an Xbone.

Bottom line, the graphics shown for most games at E3 won't be anywhere close to what they look like on the Xbone/PS4. You will only get that if you drop about a grand on a PC.

On a side note, I find it kind of funny that the Xbone and PS4 have almost exactly the same hardware. Literally the only difference is that the PS4 has more available RAM (and a different kind) and and a slightly newer model of video card.

Edited by Fingon

The problem is that nearly all the gameplay footage shown is actually run on a PC. In fact, the entire Battlefield 4 gameplay reveal was played on a PC rather than an Xbone.

Bottom line, the graphics shown for most games at E3 won't be anywhere close to what they look like on the Xbone/PS4. You will only get that if you drop about a grand on a PC.

On a side note, I find it kind of funny that the Xbone and PS4 have almost exactly the same hardware. Literally the only difference is that the PS4 has more available RAM (and a different kind) and and a slightly newer model of video card.

LoL... MS will sure give people the bone! Just wait till their internet connection is disrupted! :-O Back to the Sega Genesis for you!

Will Xbox have bluray this time?

Really? They made it a point several times during the show that it was actual game play on the xbox one...that's disappointing if it's not the case. I've never seen anything like that. Battlefield 4 had this water scene that will be realistic enough to induce vomiting on sensitive stomachs....it was beautiful.

drm4yjrw.png

**PLEASE NOTE**

The Kinect is a fulltime monitoring device that needs to be always connected to the Xbox. It will watch and through facial recognition software, monitor and count the amount of people watching a movie, which commercials you watch, how many commercials you watch, etc. Combined with the "always internet connected" requirement, it is basically a CCTV monitoring device.

With all of the hub-bub surrounding the NSAs intrusive monitoring through the PRISM program, it would be good to keep in mind that one of the FIRST companies to jump on board and comply with the NSA's request was... Microsoft.

Basically, as it stands, purchasing an Xbox One is inviting Microsoft and the Government into your living room full-time.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the games being demoed at E3 are live or not, I'll see if I can find out (we have a writer there covering the event - neowin.net).

I actually just preordered from Amazon - not sure if I'll keep it or not, but I'll get in line now before they sell out and decide before November on whether I want to cancel it or not. :)

Basically, as it stands, purchasing an Xbox One is inviting Microsoft and the Government into your living room full-time.

They're going to be pretty disappointed when they see a pudgy guy in his underwear sitting on the couch across from them....

**PLEASE NOTE**

The Kinect is a fulltime monitoring device that needs to be always connected to the Xbox. It will watch and through facial recognition software, monitor and count the amount of people watching a movie, which commercials you watch, how many commercials you watch, etc. Combined with the "always internet connected" requirement, it is basically a CCTV monitoring device.

With all of the hub-bub surrounding the NSAs intrusive monitoring through the PRISM program, it would be good to keep in mind that one of the FIRST companies to jump on board and comply with the NSA's request was... Microsoft.

You could just turn the Kinect so that it's not facing you... Just sayin'... Plus, it can be turned off. Other statements are pure speculation at this point: http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-kinect-can-turn-off-microsoft-says-noting-510100564

Also, regarding used games -- these are the same complaints people had about Steam, but it's been evolving nicely and the model lets you buy games dirt cheap after awhile. I suspect the same will happen here, although time will tell.

Really? They made it a point several times during the show that it was actual game play on the xbox one...that's disappointing if it's not the case. I've never seen anything like that. Battlefield 4 had this water scene that will be realistic enough to induce vomiting on sensitive stomachs....it was beautiful.

It's true. Almost EVERY game (regardless of platform) is played on a PC during E3.

http://www.rockpaper...-little-secret/

Here's proof about battlefield 4

http://i.imgur.com/jEuETMH.jpg

Note the backspace button in the top right.

Edited by Fingon

drm4yjrw.png

**PLEASE NOTE**

Wow! Thanks for the info! But the resolution will be pretty! :-) ;-)

Not to go all conspiracy nut on you guys, but in the Kinect patent it says that the kinect actually keeps track of how many people are in the room while content is being watched/played. This is probably to give publishers the option to disable a video/game if too many people are watching.

I'm not saying they will make use of this technology, but it's there.

It's true. Almost EVERY game (regardless of platform) is played on a PC during E3.

http://www.rockpaper...-little-secret/

Here's proof about battlefield 4

http://i.imgur.com/jEuETMH.jpg

Note the backspace button in the top right.

That's an article from a few days ago - before E3 actually started, so it's all speculation. Yes, HISTORICALLY that's true, but that doesn't prove it's true today. It might be, but we don't know yet.

Speaking of intrusion... My Village pulled a "bait and switch" with new water meters... They went to the wired remote over the air ones (I got no problem with that, same meter head just third wire and antenna is outside) and installed a bunch of those third wire ones coming from the water meter head. Now they are claiming that is too hard and many houses they have to pull another wire SO they are going to the remote ones that fire right to the air through your house from the meter head itself. I said no! Give me the wired ones that come off my classic meter... Who cares if they read it by number, wand, or in a truck! I just don't want one sending off a signal in my house every 14 seconds! They were not too happy! Here is the catch, the smart ones send a signal every 14 seconds... RF... They only drive by once every three MONTHS to read the meter... What the heck is the anonymous signal going off every 14 seconds/24/7/365 for?

For the record, I could care less about the intrusion... Just want the control to shut things off AND no RF signal (I can't control) in my house.

Sorry to highjack the thread... The tie in is: Is there a tie in to all this crap? Buy a toaster, has chip, sends it to the colonized water meter, Xbox, whatever? I am not paranoid, just aware...

Not to go all conspiracy nut on you guys, but in the Kinect patent it says that the kinect actually keeps track of how many people are in the room while content is being watched/played. This is probably to give publishers the option to disable a video/game if too many people are watching.

I'm not saying they will make use of this technology, but it's there.

I agree... I am in your camp here... Just say no people... No big deal.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's an article from a few days ago - before E3 actually started, so it's all speculation. Yes, HISTORICALLY that's true, but that doesn't prove it's true today. It might be, but we don't know yet.

Every year its the same. Why would it be different this year? Battlefield 4 has already been proven to be played on a PC with an Xbone controller. Furthermore, both the PS4/Xbone use the same X86 architecture as PCs, so games will be developed on the PC and later ported to the consoles.

They are trying to wow people with great graphics, of course they are going to use the graphically superior platform to do it.

MS has already lost this generation's console war before it even began. I love my 360, don't own a PS3, and I'm going with the PS4. MS has nobody to blame but themselves.

I own a 360, PS3, and PC. I'll probably be buying the PS4. $100 cheaper, free games for PS+, no restrictions on used games, better graphics, and no kinect bundled with it.