Kevin Kolb vs Trent Edwards

Actually Jason Peters whiffed on that play and allowed the Jets Pass Rusher to get around him. Of course, Losman did not feel the pressure and also did not protect the ball. One of the *WORST* plays in Bills history.

Actually Jason Peters played that EXACTLY as he should have, which was the blitzting LB shooting inside the G/T gap on his side. No LT in the league could have gotten to Elam on the outside with that kind of spacing. That S read is the QB's every day of the week.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a close friend of TE? Or maybe while he was here you argued for him to start over Lossman so vehemently, or bought his hype as a starter so deeply, that your personal honor is at stake?

I can't be sure what it is, but I am sure that I knew long before he was hit in AZ, that he wasn't ever going to be a good NFL Qb.

I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Neither Losman or Edwards mean anything to me personally. I just despise they way inept coaches like Mularkey, Jauron draft a player and then throw him to the wolves without proper protection or development, and then expect them to carry the team to wins.

I'll tell you what I remember after week 4 of 2008, when the Buffalo Bills were 4-0. That the majority of the folks posting on this board and on other sites were all, and i mean everyone!! Was gushing about Trent Edwards being so good, possibly the next Joe Montana. Noting that Bill Walsh had given him a glowing endorsement when he was drafted. Fans were even talking playoffs after week 7 when the team was 5-1.

The number of posts that were popping up praising both Dick Jauron, and Trent Edwards were just crazy. The FO went a little crazy also because Jauron got an extension on his contract. Edwards kept feeling the effects of that concussion all season with every hit he took I'll wager. Nowadays players are sometimes held out for a year until the team doctors are 100% positive the player has fully recovered. If I'm not mistaken Edwards went on to suffer another 4 concussions during his time in Buffalo.

What both Losman and Edwards eventually became was the result of being ruined by inept morons that had no business running an NFL offense. Its ok if fans want to slam just the QB, everybody does it.

I can't understand why anyone would expect better QB play from Kolb than we got from Fitz. Maybe it will be different in some regards, but it will not in my opinion be better.

An improved defense might lead to more wins anyway, but that would have been true last season as well.

I can't understand why anyone would expect better QB play from Kolb than we got from Fitz. Maybe it will be different in some regards, but it will not in my opinion be better.

An improved defense might lead to more wins anyway, but that would have been true last season as well.

I can see Kolb with better down field accuracy on the mid to deep passes. Whether he has time to complete them is another story.

Kolb played in a WCO style of offense under Andy Reid, and knows that type of system. That said, he should be the logical starter this season while EJ is given time to develop properly. Unless the Bills plan to utilize some sort of read option with EJ starting.

Anyway, Fitz was great at reading the defense, setting protections and getting rid of the ball to the open receiver very quickly. So much so that he negated a lot of the pass rush against him. Kolb OTOH had his a$$ handed to him lasts season in Arizona because of a bad O line.

The Bills sorta repaid Arizona last season for that 2008 concussion on Trent Edwards when the Bills were 4-0. The Bills basically knocked Kolb out for the season and then the Cards went on to only win one more game that year after starting the season 4-1 with Kolb as the starter. So Kolb started out last season very well, so who knows what the Bills new coaching staff is planning.

<snip>

I can see Kolb with better down field accuracy on the mid to deep passes. Whether he has time to complete them is another story.

<snip>

I think that's a key part of it. With our speedy recievers we need a different set of difficiencies than Fitz offered. Also, the fan base is restless, so we need change (and the hope that comes with it) even it we're no better... this year.