Bills vs. Colts

Carmel Corn

What if.....the Bills beat the Steelers.....could they beat the Colts in the dome? Would they have had better success in defending against their pass attack? The Colts defense was still vulnerable to a good ball control offense. I was really looking forward to this match-up.

We are all huge Bills fans...but they would not have matched up with the Colts in the Dome. Our D was fierce but good teams could easily poke holes in them. We would have lost something like 40-17. After our 4 SB losses in the early 90's, I've always said that I hope the Bills don't make the playoffs until they are good enough to win the Bowl. Denver has gotten beat down two years in a row in the first round. Who needs that? This Bills team is not good enough to win it all yet.

What if.....the Bills beat the Steelers.....could they beat the Colts in the dome?  Would they have had better success in defending against their pass attack?  The Colts defense was still vulnerable to a good ball control offense.  I was really looking forward to this match-up.

201192[/snapback]

Probably would have been a little closer, but not by much. Nevertheless, I take little solace in this fact. It may look like one time will kill the other team on paper, but that's why you play the games and you never know. I would have rather seen the Bills have a shot and be humiliated in the playoffs than being humiliated by second-stringers in a must-win game.

What if.....the Bills beat the Steelers.....could they beat the Colts in the dome?  Would they have had better success in defending against their pass attack?  The Colts defense was still vulnerable to a good ball control offense.  I was really looking forward to this match-up.

201192[/snapback]

I thought we would have been the 5th seed and played San Diego and then Pittsburgh.....???

p.s. I think Manning would have killed us.

I thought we would have been the 5th seed and played San Diego and then Pittsburgh.....???

p.s.  I think Manning would have killed us.

201284[/snapback]

No because with the Broncos win in the last game that would have kept them above the Bills I think. In order for us to have finished 5th, the Jets and Broncs needed to lose.