The Steeler Way

Before Big Ben the steelers struggled for quite a while

Sort of. They had enough stability at coach and in other areas of the team to make the playoffs, and deep into it, with Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox. Better than we can say for the Bills.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so....should we all just quit now and reconvene after opening weekend? or do we have to wait until after the first win? or, can we all stick around but only if we promise to exclusively B word about how bad the bills are and how everything is meaningless until they win enough games to satisfy even the most miserable inhabitants of this board (or under the bridge leading to it)?

Two years ago, the team started off strong and then fell apart for the second half of the season. Therefore, you are not allowed to feel good about the team until they have won at least nine or ten games. Any good feelings or enthusasim before that point is an indication that you have drunk the kool aid.

It almost sounds like you have to be a band wagon fan to be a serious fan.

Two years ago, the team started off strong and then fell apart for the second half of the season. Therefore, you are not allowed to feel good about the team until they have won at least nine or ten games. Any good feelings or enthusasim before that point is an indication that you have drunk the kool aid.

It almost sounds like you have to be a band wagon fan to be a serious fan.

No I think you have it backwards... A serious fan sticks their team through thick and thin, a bandwagon fan is what you sound like, you are "not allowed" to feel good about your team or be optimistic over offseason moves because they don't have a 10 win season? Did you come from the Pats forum? Absolutely ridiculous

Edited by TX BillsFan

No I think you have it backwards... A serious fan sticks their team through thick and thin, a bandwagon fan is what you sound like, you are "not allowed" to feel good about your team or be optimistic over offseason moves because they don't have a 10 win season? Did you come from the Pats forum? Absolutely ridiculous

you need to tweek your sarcasm filter. apparently, something got lost in translation there.

[

Edited by swnybillsfan

Thank you. :thumbsup: I wish there was a "sarcasm" emoticon. :wallbash:

i think the guy with shades ( :flirt: ) is pretty close but sometimes it seems to water it down if you have to tell people you are being sarcastic. unfortunately, the delivery is pretty much lost in typing. so we are often times left to play the "let's see who gets me and who thinks i'm a raging doosh bag" game.

as an aside, i think that the game is so much fun that i don't care if the sarcasm gets lost.

The Steeler Way ? No coincidence they have had a decent QB in place for the last 10 years. I wonder how the Bills would have fared with Big Ben in the last 10 years. And how would the Steelers have fared with Losman, Fitzpatrick & Edwards. With a decent QB who can win games and especially win close games at the end life is a lot easier. Massive impact in the Wins column and makes everyone look good. Not sure how much impact Whaley had on the successful Pittsburgh teams and how much credit he deserves. If EJ turns out above average then Whaley will probably enjoy a long and happy stay as GM.

And don't forget the Best Defensive Coordinator in the league and we let him slip through our fingers by keeping Jerry Gray as DC (In Williams last year). Unfortunately when the bell came calling in Pittsburgh the next season, Dick was gone in spite of Mike Mularkey offering him the same role. Too late