EJ Manuel on NFL Live

Not to be pessimistic, but an NFL players attitude and conduct is hard to gauge before the get their hands on $$. Once they have the money, their character flaws and strengths will reveal themselves.

Not to be pessimistic, but...oh wait, I am being pessimistic.

For me EJ appears to resemble a lot of Daunte Culpepper including the facial expressions and manners. I hope he can have the same success Daunte had with the Vikings throwing the rock to Moss, Carter etc.

A big difference is Manuel scored 10 points higher on the Wonderlic (18 vs. 28).

Funny how no one ever asks players how they feel about playing in snow up in Chicago or Green Bay or Cleveland.

PTR

I made the statement recently that the whole "snow thing" is sooooo overrated and exaggerated. Over the past 10 years, how many Bills home games have been in freezing blizzard conditions or even a heavy snow that covered the field? I honestly can't remember too many. For the sake of argument, let's say there were 10 - though I highly doubt there were more than 5. So, even with 10 games that might conjure the image of "the frozen tundra", that's all of 6% of all regular season games played in winter conditions. Every player with those other outdoor northern ( or Denver) teams has experienced those conditions at least occasionally. Maybe more. My recollection in recent years is that the Atlantic seaboard teams have seen lot more snow than Buffalo. Players with Miami have experienced those conditions as a visiting team. My point is that a player with the Bills will experience some cold weather games, but it's not so disproportional to players from other teams that it should be the leading questions in every interview with a national reporter. The wind is a bigger factor for QBs, WRs, and Kickers than cold or snow. I believe Miami has some fairly windy conditions on occasion too. I don't know if the reporters are just shallow or if they're expected by their producers and bosses to ask that question every time. "don't forget to ask about the snow!" Do they ever ask the players in Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, etc about how they're going to deal with training camp in 98 degree heat and 100% humidity?

A big difference is Manuel scored 10 points higher on the Wonderlic (18 vs. 28).

i am hoping that another difference is ball security. culpepper put the ball on the ground a lot. i heard a lot of people claim he had "baby hands". whether this was true or not, i have no idea. but EJ's hands are more like huge paws, so like i said, hopefully this aspect will also be different between the two.

oh, and hopefully EJ doesn't feel the need to celebrate TD passes with that damn arm roll thing.

i am hoping that another difference is ball security. culpepper put the ball on the ground a lot. i heard a lot of people claim he had "baby hands". whether this was true or not, i have no idea. but EJ's hands are more like huge paws, so like i said, hopefully this aspect will also be different between the two.

Manuel fumbled 9 times last year. Not sure if that was in the pocket or scrambling, but he'll need to work on it.

oh, and hopefully EJ doesn't feel the need to celebrate TD passes with that damn arm roll thing.

If he scores TDs, I couldn't care less what he does to celebrate, as long as it doesn't draw a flag. ;)

Or Pittsburgh, NY, New England, Tennessee, Seattle etc...All those post season games at Orchard Park is still in the memories of NFL fans.

For me EJ appears to resemble a lot of Daunte Culpepper including the facial expressions and manners. I hope he can have the same success Daunte had with the Vikings throwing the rock to Moss, Carter etc.

He sure can and just keep him off the LOVE BOAT !!