How good was FSU?

WTF is your argument? Word of advice. When you say something. Make sure there's a point to what you say.

Just because a college football team is good or has weapons doesn't mean anything. There is absolutely no relationship between the 2. A QBs success at the next level is dictated on him and him alone.

Why is it that guys like Ken Dorsey and Gino Torretta dominated college football but couldn't do jack in the NFL, whereas average college QBs like Drew Brees and Tom Brady excelled at the next level?

The thread is about how good EJ's team was.

I was only saying that it does matter what kind of weapons you have, when it comes to your performance in college. It helps Barkley looks good and it helps his stats that he has Lee and Woods. It had to. It helps Geno that he had Austin and Stedman. They are clearly all very good college players, as evidenced by their pro rankings and drafts. They may be great QBs in the pros and they may be good, fair or lousy. But when comparing them, in the same year, with stats and such, who they played with does enter into the equation. Especially in Barkely's case where he was throwing to a wide open Lee all the time.

You responded, with examples of guys you had no idea of if they had great help on their teams, and I would bet never saw those teams play, as examples of quarterbacks who played great in the pros.

Which really had little to do with what I was talking about.

Carry on.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if Cam Newton read the whole field at Auburn??? I feel like there is no way he did since he ran the ball a ton, he seemed much more raw as a passer coming out of college than EJ and he was still able to set the NFL on fire his rookie season.

He read the defensive end, that is all....