AFC East QB's (Miami,Buffalo,NY)

Going be rather interesting in the east this year with 3 VERY Young QB's. So here is how I see the 3 teams shaking out this year:

Miami: I see the Offense taking a step BACK this year teams know how to prepare for Tannahill now and while Wallace is a nice deep threat he is an overpaid one trick pony. The team will still do ok as the D is IMO one of the top 10 in the NFL when healthy. Record: 8-8

Jets: Offense is a mess, and defense lost its best player. Team will struggle even if they had Joe Montana in his prime at QB. Record: 2-14

Bills: This one is tough for me, got a very good WR in the 2nd round also have a very good #1 WR already mixed with a dang good RB duo and a defense that should at least be average or better with the talent it has. THIS is the one team where the QB play will determine a lot. Record: ??? I honestly have no clue I need see your QB play even a couple meaningless games to determine, my gut says 9-7...

our WR core, on paper, looks to be the best in the AFC East...Pats* coming in close 2nd... I have the 6 wr's as Stevie J, Robert Woods, Da' Rick rogers, TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin, and winner of Smith/Easley/Kaufman...Gragg looks good paired with Chandler as well...

our WR core, on paper, looks to be the best in the AFC East...Pats* coming in close 2nd... I have the 6 wr's as Stevie J, Robert Woods, Da' Rick rogers, TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin, and winner of Smith/Easley/Kaufman...Gragg looks good paired with Chandler as well...

I can see that, the one thing IMO that gives Pats the edge in the passing game is the TE position. Also our WR have an old horse (and sadly closer to his HOF induction than his first year ) QB who can recognize NFL D fast. I EXPECT growing pains from all 3 Young QB's, for the Bills the biggest knock I have heard on your QB is his accuracy. (Not sure how true that is but what all the "experts" are saying)

Edited by PatsFanNH

Miami signed Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson to add to Hartline

I can see that, the one thing IMO that gives Pats the edge in the passing game is the TE position. Also our WR have an old horse (and sadly closer to his HOF induction than his first year ) QB who can recognize NFL D fast. I EXPECT growing pains from all 3 Young QB's, for the Bills the biggest knock I have heard on your QB is his accuracy. (Not sure how true that is but what all the "experts" are saying)

yea, theres no doubt that when you add Te's and WR's together the Pats come away on top....I might have gotten a bit to excited in my assessment of our WR's but this is the best core on paper Ive seen since the 90's superbowl teams for the Bills...

Miami signed Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson to add to Hartline

well I guess i should have put more thought into my post...looks like the AFC East is going to have quite a bit of talent at WR for years to come...

Going be rather interesting in the east this year with 3 VERY Young QB's. So here is how I see the 3 teams shaking out this year:

Miami: I see the Offense taking a step BACK this year teams know how to prepare for Tannahill now and while Wallace is a nice deep threat he is an overpaid one trick pony. The team will still do ok as the D is IMO one of the top 10 in the NFL when healthy. Record: 8-8

Jets: Offense is a mess, and defense lost its best player. Team will struggle even if they had Joe Montana in his prime at QB. Record: 2-14

Bills: This one is tough for me, got a very good WR in the 2nd round also have a very good #1 WR already mixed with a dang good RB duo and a defense that should at least be average or better with the talent it has. THIS is the one team where the QB play will determine a lot. Record: ??? I honestly have no clue I need see your QB play even a couple meaningless games to determine, my gut says 9-7...

Its hard to say if EJ will be ready week one. He'll have to have a very strong training camp and a solid pre-season to be the starter right off the bat. I'd guess Kolb will start the season for Buffalo.

Buffalo is going to have a very different roster this year. It'll take time for this bunch to gel...I think? The 2nd half of the season will be interesting. This is where I hope we begin seeing the fruits of our labor. The signs that we are on a good path.

I am guessing our offense will be inconsistent....and I am guessing our defense will be much improved. Having Pettine as our DC bodes well for us since he has a lot of experience against the Patriots.

That week one match-up against New England. A must watch game. We're getting thrown right into the fire week one. Looking forward to it !

NE wins division at 10-6

Miami / Buffalo duke it out for 2nd 9-7 or 8-8 I suppose

Jets get basement duty at 6-10

My early thoughts / guess.

jb

Edited by jaybee

The Bills will be lucky to go 8-8 this season. As long as the majority of the wins come in the second half of the season I think we can call this a step forward.

I love the offseason optimism. Good stuff. Just like the past two years. We will see. Never know one way or the other. Put the kid on the field, EJ to CJ to TJ. It will be interesting and new, if nothing else.

Its hard to say if EJ will be ready week one. He'll have to have a very strong training camp and a solid pre-season to be the starter right off the bat. I'd guess Kolb will start the season for Buffalo.

Buffalo is going to have a very different roster this year. It'll take time for this bunch to gel...I think? The 2nd half of the season will be interesting. This is where I hope we begin seeing the fruits of our labor. The signs that we are on a good path.

I am guessing our offense will be inconsistent....and I am guessing our defense will be much improved. Having Pettine as our DC bodes well for us since he has a lot of experience against the Patriots.

That week one match-up against New England. A must watch game. We're getting thrown right into the fire week one. Looking forward to it !

NE wins division at 10-6

Miami / Buffalo duke it out for 2nd 9-7 or 8-8 I suppose

Jets get basement duty at 6-10

My early thoughts / guess.

jb

Bills won/loss will be dictated by the defense's performance. I do think our offense will start fast with Kolb, new personnel & coaching. They should score some decent amount of points.

We are relying too much on rookies. Unless Manuel comes out on fire I see this as a painful year. Our receivers look to be better on paper, but realistically they haven't played one down of NFL football so who knows how they are going to pan out.

The best part of the season is that we are playing the Pats first. They really won't know what we will be doing on offense if we have a vanilla preseason. They will have to rely on college tape so that will be an advantage for us.

I want and am hoping for this to be a good year but I have been burned before. At the end of every season I say I am going to be realistic and wait till they prove it on the field. Then they sign some people during free agency so I get my hopes up. Then the draft comes along and I get real excited. Then the season comes and I am heartbroken. I am not going to do this again. They have to prove it to me before I get excited. I tell you it is hard trying to control myself. I think they have done some good things, but I just don't want to be disappointed again.