Kobe Case to be Dismissed

millbank

One station says its will be dismissed entirely , one says it will be dismissed with the option to try him again , another says he has paid her off ,,, seems that they have it all pinned down........ the networks all so fast to get one up on the other

ABC reported that it will be dismissed "with prejudice," meaning he can't be tried again. As for a settlement, that will come with the civil trial and has nothing to do with this criminal case since it's the people trying it, not the alleged victim. As I said, I don't know why it took so long. Once it was revealed she screwed some guy AFTER screwing Kobe, not even having the sense of a two-bit whore to change undies before going to the ER, and the judge allowed it to be entered into evidence (as he should have), the case was over.

ABC reported that it will be dismissed "with prejudice," meaning he can't be tried again.  As for a settlement, that will come with the civil trial and has nothing to do with this criminal case since it's the people trying it, not the alleged victim.  As I said, I don't know why it took so long.  Once it was revealed she screwed some guy AFTER screwing Kobe, not even having the sense of a two-bit whore to change undies before going to the ER, and the judge allowed it to be entered into evidence (as he should have), the case was over.

15070[/snapback]

B)

ABC reported that it will be dismissed "with prejudice," meaning he can't be tried again.  As for a settlement, that will come with the civil trial and has nothing to do with this criminal case since it's the people trying it, not the alleged victim.  As I said, I don't know why it took so long.  Once it was revealed she screwed some guy AFTER screwing Kobe, not even having the sense of a two-bit whore to change undies before going to the ER, and the judge allowed it to be entered into evidence (as he should have), the case was over.

15070[/snapback]

I understand what abc said , i posted that, point is the three networks are all giving different versions, with one says that even with two sides agreeing that the judge will not allow the dismissal given how long to process has gone on.

Local radio stations say he is giving her an apology which states that he is sorry if she feels he did something wrong (something to that affect) and it will be accompanied by a check.

Apparently the chick is tired of doing this anymore.

15126[/snapback]

The Young Ladies Lawyer in Civil case says it will go on. You think he will just agree to send her some cash at that will be it?

We are going to find out soon....there is a press conference about to take place any minute now.....

15133[/snapback]

good grief:

Attorney Lin Wood said the civil suit will continue.

Wood, prosecutors and members of the basketball star's defense team met Wednesday with Judge Terry Ruckriegle.

Prosecutors plan to hold a news conference later.

One legal analyst has already spoken out, calling the prosecution's handling of the case "a disgrace."

"That this prosecutor's office would charge Kobe Bryant with a crime that could have left him in prison for 20 years, and branded him a sex offender for the rest of his life -- and now they simply walk away from this case?" said CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin. "It is a disgrace that these prosecutors have brought a case on such flimsy grounds."

Kobe

15070[/snapback]

The criminal case and the civil trial are two different things in terms of the written law, but in practice it is impossible to go forward with a criminal trial of this type if the "victim" refuses to co-operate. Since her co-operation or willingmess to do so will be heavily influenced by the civil case, in fact the criminal and civil cases are integrally linked and related.

Civil court merely requires a "preponderance of the evidence" in order to convict someone, meaning that you could think "yeah he probably did it" and get a conviction. Of course I guess most people know this, but the fact that the civil case was dropped really does all but shut the door on the civil case. The case everyone is probably remembering at this time is OJ, innocent in criminal court but guilty in civil court. The thing is, once your case has been basically flushed down the toilet by the prosecution as in aborting the criminal case, it leaves very little for the plaintiff to stand on. So, even if there is some kind of case, the defense will merely point to this case. I mean, even with a weak case in the past prosecutors have proceeded just based on physical evidence. I just wanted to throw my two cents in cause Im in law school and I looked up instances where criminal cases were dismissed and the civil cases went on and I couldn't really even find one standard precedent for this type of thing. Oh well, just something for you guys to think about.

To quote the infamous Moe Wanchuk

"That @#$% is no good."

I'm not a big Kobe fan. I's wager it wasn't even close to the first time he cheated on his wife, but for the prosecution to drag his name through the mud, spend all this money and then drop the case? What the hell were they thinking. And as far as the girl. I feel bad for her. My guess is that she has some pretty deep psychological issues. I've seen Fraser, so I'm qualified to voice my expert opinion.

15070[/snapback]

Don't be so fast to slander the women, read Kobe's letter

15392[/snapback]

I have....it basically says "I am sorry you felt you were wronged....but I maintain my innocence"

Even in victory Kobe is still showing charactor......and no wording of that letter can be used against him the the civil trial.....

She is finished.....and the Eagle County residents are PISSED

15392[/snapback]

I agree with JfH. It's basically an "apology" saying "I didn't rape you and sorry you feel that I did, but I didn't." And as for "slandering the woman," she did that all on her own with her sexual history, especially having sex AFTER allegedly being raped. She has no one else to blame but herself for Bryant getting-off (so to speak), even if he DID rape her.

This entire episode does at the very least point to the import of parents and the discussion of the consequences of promiscuity of respect for others and oneselfand accountability. A young man who chooses to put himself in such a situation disrespects his spouse, his family , his children in Kobes case, does open himself to health issues, does open himself to the accusations that consequented in this case. Kobe while it would appear was not guilty of rape most certainly is guilty as admitted of being adulterous a fool, of being selfish, of being thoughtless, ,disrespectful, who is to know if the penalty is still to come for Kobe in the price of aids or some such disease from his impulsive act of self gratification. If anything perhaps this case will show that promiscuity can have a large price, are young men willing to gamble there health, their self respect, the respect of others, their opportunity for careers and future relationships because a brief moment of gratification. Yes it would be sad if the only consequence is the apparent end of seemingly a mixed up troubled young lady doing a man wrong. Kobe allowed this to happen by his participation and as such is no innocent .