First 3 Rounds Picks

Hyphe23

Based on the visitors we have brought in, I have to imagine that we will end up with a QB, WR, and LB in the first three rounds, somehow. I know there has been a lot of clamoring for OG with the loss of Levitre and Rinehart, but I think that the Bills have other plans for OG since they have not brought in a single OG for visits.

Personally I would love to see us trade back to later in the first round and pick up an extra pick because I think we have too many holes right now, but I think based on our needs, combined with who we have brought in for visits, these will be the first 3 positions we see the Bills draft.

Thoughts?

Those are all big needs and seem like the obvious picks but I would not rule out CB as well if Milliner is available at #8 overall. If he's there at #8 overall (and that's a big if) I think the Bills will have a difficult time passing on him.

I'm all for trading down, but the problem with trading down from #8 overall is that there is a big drop off in talent between a top 8 or top 10 player and say a top 25 player. it's a big dilemma especially when you don't know who will be available at #25 if you were to trade down from #8 overall.

If I'm at #8 I'm not trading down too far from that spot to obtain more picks.

Based on the visitors we have brought in, I have to imagine that we will end up with a QB, WR, and LB in the first three rounds, somehow. I know there has been a lot of clamoring for OG with the loss of Levitre and Rinehart, but I think that the Bills have other plans for OG since they have not brought in a single OG for visits.

Personally I would love to see us trade back to later in the first round and pick up an extra pick because I think we have too many holes right now, but I think based on our needs, combined with who we have brought in for visits, these will be the first 3 positions we see the Bills draft.

Thoughts?

I agree. TE also a possibility if a good one is sitting there in Rd 3

Those are all big needs and seem like the obvious picks but I would not rule out CB as well if Milliner is available at #8 overall. If he's there at #8 overall (and that's a big if) I think the Bills will have a difficult time passing on him.

I'm all for trading down, but the problem with trading down from #8 overall is that there is a big drop off in talent between a top 8 or top 10 player and say a top 25 player. it's a big dilemma especially when you don't know who will be available at #25 if you were to trade down from #8 overall.

If I'm at #8 I'm not trading down too far from that spot to obtain more picks.

Have they brought in Millner for a visit? I like Millner and I would be fine with that as a pick, I just haven't seen them bring in any CBs outside of the Honey Badger, so my gut feeling is they won't use a high draft pick on a CB.

Who knows what Buffalo is thinking - they might feel a lot more comfortable with certain positions than we think (LB, QB, G) and a lot less comfortable with others that we don't consider as such a pressing need (CB, S, TE). One thing is for sure - they've only got a few premium picks. If I were to guess what positions they choose to go in those top 3 picks, I'd agree with either QB, WR, LB, or QB, LB, TE - not in that order, necessarily. I really think, though, that who they choose early is going to be more a matter of how deep they feel certain positions are.

For instance, if they feel they could get a legitimate 2nd reciever in rounds 4 or 5 - maybe Lemon from Syracuse? - they might not go WR early, like most of us think they will. Similarly, if they feel TE is not deep, they might go for a TE in round 2, say, and I think a lot of us would be surprised about that. Likewise with LB - they might feel they're okay at OLB for now, and they might feel they only really need to upgrade one ILB spot, and maybe they think they can get a guy in rounds 4 or 5. We'll just have to see.

This, potentially, is the year where they go BPA. Marrone is a quality guy, not one who's gonna sit around and entertain a bunch of 2nd tier FA's or roll the dice on late round sleepers...right?

Seems to me that this draft has got good quality and quantity at most of the positions, in various rounds, that are a major need.

Whether it be Milliner, Warmack(sp), Jordan, Patterson, or whomever, are you really going to be upset over those guys?

Personally, the only pick I would be upset about is a C, RB, or QB @ 8. RB's are a dime a dozen, always, and the talent is just not there @ QB or C (the top rated C's, none of them higher than a rd. 2 grade, are all projected to be playing G).

OR...I could be totally wrong, which is more likely.