Article: "The Kolb Delusion"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, but I guess my point is that in a comparison of evils, I'd rather have a QB who takes a lot of bad risks (like Fitz) than a QB who takes a lot of sacks and no risks (like [insert the name of just about every other QB we've had]).

Some QB's also can take sacks, and recover with big plays. Roethlisberger comes to mind. You can live with him taking a sack on 2nd down, because he can make plays and convert on 3rd and 15.

The worst was a guy like Trent Edwards. He'd take a sack, and the drive was over, because he couldn't complete more than a 2-yard pass.

That's what I meant when I said the trick is to find a QB good enough to know when something REALLY ISN'T there.

GO BILLS!!!

That is anathema to every coach I've ever met, at any level of the game. There are worse things than taking a sack. Indeed, every QB coach I know will instruct his players to take the sack rather than risk the INT by forcing something that isn't there. The trick is finding a QB good enough to know when there REALLY isn't something there.

GO BILLS!!!

Nice breakdown. Things look different when not looking at stats in a vaccuum.

I don't know if he's better than Fitz or not. And that's not saying much anywayl. Time will tell. But nobody is under the illusion that the QB search is over, that's for sure.

GO BILLS!!!

With all due respect, I completely disagree. Mike Martz, who was known to put points on the board, was OK with INTs but hated sacks. Sacks are absolute drive killers that often produce fumbles; INTs on a deep-passing teams like the 2000-era Rams typically functioned as shanked punts (Warner threw a lot of INTs). My anecdotal sense is that sack prone QBs put up far fewer points than strong-armed, gunslinging QBs who accept that INTs are part of the game.

Edited by dave mcbride

& Rodgers has a cannon for right arm, which Kolb does not. Please don't compare Kolb to Rodgers, that is just being silly. Rodgers makes throws that no other QB in the league even dreams of making & he gets away with them for the most part because he is that talented. I am honestly starting to think also the Bills are going QB @ 8 & I think the guy is going to be Nassib.

I never compared him to Rodgers I just provided an example of a QB who got hit a lot and still played well. You could say the same thing for Vick, he gets hammered, but his level of play is relatively consistent. Kolb seems like a tough guy that can take hits and play well unlike someone like Trent Edwards.

OK, but can he read a playbook?

I took harvard educated fitz over a season to get that play book down he had vince young and tjax on the roster any one of them would have won more games with cj and fred taking snaps to lower sacks an Ints and i woul rather have one off them on 1st an goal with the game on the line