After seeing 4 QB's in the wildcard game...

Hardy Pyle

...boy, oh boy, do we need a new QB.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger. All mobile, quick release, ACCURATE!!

Put any of these 4 in as the Bills QB and we are an instant superbowl Contender.

Another point I'd like to make, Drew sucks in good or bad weather. Opposing teams QB's only suck in bad weather. Therefore, the Bills won alot of their games on the winning streak due to bad weather because it just evened the playing field, sh------- QB's for both teams. I bet if we played those teams on a perfect weather day, we'd lose.

The only real shock of the season is how the offense did so well against the 49'ers. But I guess they are the worst team in the league.

okay, enough about football...back to my theory about the midget on the bills sideline.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger.  All mobile, quick release, ACCURATE!!

Put any of these 4 in as the Bills QB and we are an instant superbowl Contender.

Another point I'd like to make, Drew sucks in good or bad weather. Opposing teams QB's only suck in bad weather. Therefore, the Bills won alot of their games on the winning streak due to bad weather because it just evened the playing field, sh------- QB's for both teams. I bet if we played those teams on a perfect weather day, we'd lose.

The only real shock of the season is how the offense did so well against the 49'ers. But I guess they are the worst team in the league.

okay, enough about football...back to my theory about the midget on the bills sideline.

198978[/snapback]

YAWN! <_<

Mobility is so overrated. Its like stolen bases in baseball. Looks nice, but at the end of the game rarely amounts to much. How many QB's who are so "mobile" have won Super Bowls? sh--, how many have even PLAYED in Super Bowls?

Funny, all those "statues" who are such a dying breed, keep showing up on my TV last Sunday in January.

Mobility helps but quick decisions and accuracy are much more important. I am not one for Drew bashing and like the guy, but I was thinking the same thing yesterday. These teams got much better play out of there QBs. Quick good decisions and not turning the ball over beats mobility.

Micheal Vick .. most mobile QB ever .. and lets see how well he does .. looks good till he ends up on the helment of some linebacker at 60 mph ... and when the wheels go he will be done ....

at least Drew still has a good arm ... if he had the time to throw that the rams give .. but then again they have about 5 good receivers .. what do the bills have ? 1 1/2? Hard to make a team respect your receivers ehn your "best" one (Moulds) can't hold a pass more times than not.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger.  All mobile, quick release, ACCURATE!!

198978[/snapback]

OH BOY do they have superb offensive lineman that give them TIME. <_<

Mobility is so overrated. Its like stolen bases in baseball. Looks nice, but at the end of the game rarely amounts to much. How many QB's who are so "mobile" have won Super Bowls? sh--, how many have even PLAYED in Super Bowls?

Funny, all those "statues" who are such a dying breed, keep showing up on my TV last Sunday in January.

199063[/snapback]

For starters, look at the examples he gave. He's not talking about run first, throw second quarterbacks, he's talking QB's that move around very well in the pocket and can run out of the pocket and make good throws when needed.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger, Brady, Culpepper, and McNabb all do this. Plus you have a run first, throw second QB in Vick. All of these guys are in the playoffs. Unless GB and Indy end up in the Super Bowl, one of these guys will be playing there too.

And Drew sure as hell aint no Favre or Manning.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
For starters, look at the examples he gave.  He's not talking about run first, throw second quarterbacks, he's talking QB's that move around very well in the pocket and can run out of the pocket and make good throws when needed.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger, Brady, Culpepper, and McNabb all do this.  Plus you have a run first, throw second QB in Vick.  All of these guys are in the playoffs.  Unless GB and Indy end up in the Super Bowl, one of these guys will be playing there too.

199086[/snapback]

Bear, you STOLE my THUNDER, boy howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favre could move as well.. he was no slouch!

The age of the QB who cannot move is O-V-E-R. Our future is Losman, and that future starts in SEPTEMBER!!! <_<

The age of the QB who cannot move is O-V-E-R.

199095[/snapback]

No matter what your position on the QB situation, I just wish people would get the terminology straight.

A stationary/pocket QB is the one that hangs out in a 4 yard square space created by the OL on passing downs. Examples of pocket QBs are Bledsoe, Green, Manning, Marino, Kelly....

A mobile QB is the one who moves a lot outside the pocket and uses his running ability as well as passing to move the ball. Examples - Vick, McNabb, Flutie....

---------

Contrary to popular belief, the era of the stationary QB is not over. Marino was probably the slowest QB in the league, but he was impossible to sack, because he had eyes behind his head and an unbelievably fast release. Manning has done well as pocket passer.

The era of a stationary QB, with absolutely no pocket sense is over, but to be correct, that era never began.

The era of a stationary QB, with absolutely no pocket sense is over, but to be correct, that era never began.

199114[/snapback]

you got it. it's not a question of a "mobile" or running QB. pocket sense, an ability to MAKE PLAYS, take a step here and a step there to avoid the rush........

no one mentioned joe montana when discussing QBs, with some mobility, who have won super bowls.

lose drew!!!

Put the Drew crap to rest?? I'm just getting warmed up. I was quiet on this topic during the season, because, I believe you judge him over his season of work. I've watched him and it is so painfully obvious that he is washed up.

I could endure RJ because at least he had the potential of an upside. But this guy is worst than RJ with no upside what so ever at this point in his career. He's just gonna get slower and worst. Drew getting slower, that's a scary thought.

So, if you don't like listening to it don't read my posts.

Another point I'd like to make, Drew sucks in good or bad weather. Opposing teams QB's only suck in bad weather. Therefore, the Bills won alot of their games on the winning streak due to bad weather because it just evened the playing field, sh------- QB's for both teams.

198978[/snapback]

That is an excellent point, actually.

For starters, look at the examples he gave.  He's not talking about run first, throw second quarterbacks, he's talking QB's that move around very well in the pocket and can run out of the pocket and make good throws when needed.

Hasselback, Pennington, Brees, Bulger, Brady, Culpepper, and McNabb all do this.  Plus you have a run first, throw second QB in Vick.  All of these guys are in the playoffs.  Unless GB and Indy end up in the Super Bowl, one of these guys will be playing there too.

199086[/snapback]

Yeah, for some reason there's a legion of people who associate 'mobility' exclusively with Michael Vick. 'Mobile' doesn't necessarily mean running around on every play like a chicken with your head cut off. As for SB QB's, anyone who has been watching football for 10 years knows that Young, Favre, and Elway were all mobile.

For the record, I also agree with those who say a quick release and pocket awareness are much more important than mobility. The problem is that unlike Manning & Marino, Drew has none of these things.

It's not really an accurate point. It memory serves me well, on the occasions we played in bad weather, Bledsoe's arm always faired pretty well.

199144[/snapback]

So? His arm holds up well in warm weather too. The point is he doesn't help the offense put up many points, outside of the 2002 Miami snow game.

Opposing teams QB's only suck in bad weather. 

198978[/snapback]

How do you argue with this kind of logic?

Where do you come up with this kind of brilliance?

This had to be after too many apple martinis.

Anybody ever heard of Dr. Irwin Corey? He's posting under this guy's name.

(Pssst, I think we've finally jumped the shark in the Bledsoe bashing category)