I cant beleive some prefer Drew to Pennington!

Pete

I remember the Chad versus Drew thread a week or two ago. Chad Pennington with a hurt rotator cuff, in the rain, on the road has helped lead the underdog Jets over the Chargers. Chad 23/33 2 TDs 0 INT 279 yards 0 Fumbles against a solid San Diego defense. When the fug has Drew ever had a game like that when it counted? Go ahead and please name one MNF, SNF or playoff game where Drew put up numbers like that- I dare you! How big an egg would Drew of laid today? I say ostrich sized!

Neither one would be on my top ten list of preferences for a QB. I have to give Pennington credit though. For a guy with an alleged noodle arm, he threw a 50 yard perfect strike for a TD this evening.

Let's hear the song you sing next week when Pennington is facing either the Steelers or the Patriots.  You know, the two teams who beat his ass this season and truly showed his weaknesses.

199008[/snapback]

You mean what song will I be singing while I watch Pennington play the Steelers or Pats in the playoffs instead of watching the Bills play that weekend due to the fact that Bills did not make the playoffs largely because of poor QB play? Is that what you meant?

You mean what song will I be singing while I watch Pennington play the Steelers or Pats in the playoffs instead of watching the Bills play that weekend due to the fact that Bills did not make the playoffs largely because of poor QB play?  Is that what you meant?

199018[/snapback]

Because it's one player who lost 7 games this season, not the team. This just never gets old.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
"largely because of poor QB play"

Largely- not exclusively

199022[/snapback]

Don't worry Pete, a VAST MAJORITY of us know that what you are saying is true. Don't let the small vocal minority try and shake you of this fact. Drew will never win us the big game when we need it, and he'll turn the ball over not doing it.

Tom Donahoe knows it, Ralph Wilson knows it...

We're with you 100%.

The whole team lost the 7 games not just DREW. Im sure you rather have Todd Collins or Rob Johnson right? God man he isnt that horrible of a QB. He just isnt now-a-days type QB you HAVE to get him protection and a Good TE. If our TEs didnt get injured I bet you any amount of money we be playing today!

Drew will never win us the big game when we need it, and he'll turn the ball over not doing it.

Tom Donahoe knows it, Ralph Wilson knows it...

199026[/snapback]

I'm not so sure TD and Ralph do know this. The off-season will answer those questions.

Did anyone see yesterdays paper with the comments from Jim Kelly? Not that he knows much about football .. was just an "average" QB .. but his comments were more against the play calling than the QB ... of course its still " Drews fault" *being sarcastic* .. and if they had won it would have been our fantastic defence ... that gave up 29 points to the second team also !

Kellys comments ... from the D&C

It was an open-and-shut case, according to Jim Kelly. By failing to open up the offense last Sunday the Buffalo Bills shut the door on their playoff chances.

"I thought the play-calling became way too conservative," the Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback said when asked about the Bills' deflating, season-ending loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I was disappointed for Drew (Bledsoe) because I thought the Bills would take some chances. I don't know why they didn't throw the ball downfield more or why they didn't mix in some no-huddle. I think Drew would do well with the no-huddle. He's a bright guy. He could run it."

Although bummed about the ending, Kelly was encouraged how the Bills rebounded from a 0-4 start to go 9-7 for their first winning season since 1999.

"I think what happened this year gives you hope, something to look forward to," Kelly said. "With (running back) Willis McGahee and (wide receiver) Lee Evans you have some young players you can build on offensively. I think the future is bright."

But will that future include Bledsoe as the starting QB? "I don't know," Kelly said. "Drew showed me how mentally tough he is by the way he pulled himself out of that early-season funk and bounced back. But I don't know if the Bills might decide it's time to go in a new direction."

That decision will depend on whether Buffalo's deep thinkers believe rookie J.P Losman will be ready to take over next fall.

"To be honest, if J.P. had been ready this year, they would have gone to him," Kelly said. "But I don't think J.P. is ready yet mentally. Physically, he has it all. He's got the arm strength, he's a good athlete who can move around and he's a tough kid. But I think it's still going to take time for him to develop the knowledge you need at this level. I do believe he's going to be a good one when he is ready."

Though no longer directly involved in football, the 44-year-old Kelly still loves watching games. And, outside of his beloved Bills, the team he enjoys most is the Indianapolis Colts. With offensive weapons such as quarterback Peyton Manning, running back Edgerrin James and wide receiver Marvin Harrison, the high-scoring Colts take Kelly back to the early '90s when he was getting the ball to Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed and lighting up the scoreboard.

"I was talking to (former Bills and current Colts general manager) Bill Polian a month ago, and we were talking about the similarities," Kelly said. "Watching James go off tackle and Harrison beating guys deep gets me pumped. It's like I want to get out there under center again."

These days, Kelly is getting his athletic fix as the co-owner of a Busch Grand National race team, featuring driver Randy Lajoie. His other business endeavors include endorsement work with Ameriquest Mortgage Co. and 5Linx Enterprises, a telecommunications company. The lion's share of his time, though, is spent running Hunter's Hope, the foundation he and wife Jill started in honor of their 7-year-old son, who suffers from Krabbe Leukodystrophy, an inherited fatal nervous system disease.

"Hunter's doing better, knock on wood, than he normally does this time of year," Kelly said. "He's an amazing kid who's defied the odds."

As part of his work with Ameriquest, Kelly will attend next month's Super Bowl. And, if his prognostications are correct, either Pittsburgh or New England will leave Jacksonville, Fla., with the Vince Lombardi Trophy in hand.

"It's going to be awfully tough to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh (in the AFC championship game), but if anyone can do it, it would be New England," he said. "With Tom Brady at quarterback and Bill Belichick coaching them, you can never count the Patriots out. Being an AFC guy, I'm just happy to see our conference dominating for a change."

And his choice from the NFC? "Who knows and who cares?" he joked, obviously still irked about those four Super Bowl losses his Bills suffered against NFC teams in the early 1990s. "It doesn't matter who gets there, they're still going to lose to either the Steelers or Patriots."

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Not to be impudent, but Jim calling our offense in the Steelers game 'CONSERVATIVE'??? Did he actually remember the numerous times we FAILED to RUN on short yardage to pick up the first down?

That was anything BUT conservative.