I wonder what Jason Peters' teammates think of him.

I reality, he didn't "outplay" any of his contracts until 2006, when he was awarded a sizable sum of money. He barely played in 2004, so deserved the rookie minimum, which is about how much I will make in 10 years time. In 2005, he didn't "outplay" his contract either. He played the going rate that a RT (the position he played) would make in his first full season. He showed promise, so was moved to LT and was paid generously. Even he thought so, since it was his signature on the contract. In fact, as you astutely point out, he was cut a few times and no teams even sniffed. If it wasn't for the Bills, he would have sold me the insurance I bought a month ago.

But, still, I truly sob for that 22 year-old. Many of us would kill for the tribulations he had to go through.

By definition he outplayed his $4000 a week practice squad contract by being signed to the active roster. How the hell do you mean he didn't outplay his third contract, which was the least amount you can have on an active roster, and then he was a starting RT who played so well at that smallest contract allowable that they moved him to LT and gave him a 5 year, 15mil deal? That is not outplaying your contract? Being paid like a rookie scrub third string ST player but being a starter and playing so well they gave you a 1500% raise per year. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reality, he didn't "outplay" any of his contracts until 2006, when he was awarded a sizable sum of money. He barely played in 2004, so deserved the rookie minimum, which is about how much I will make in 10 years time. In 2005, he didn't "outplay" his contract either. He played the going rate that a RT (the position he played) would make in his first full season. He showed promise, so was moved to LT and was paid generously. Even he thought so, since it was his signature on the contract. In fact, as you astutely point out, he was cut a few times and no teams even sniffed. If it wasn't for the Bills, he would have sold me the insurance I bought a month ago.

But, still, I truly sob for that 22 year-old. Many of us would kill for the tribulations he had to go through.

Your posts ooze envy. Why is it acceptable that banks and corporations have a single minded desire to make money while we hate on individuals who manage to leverage big paydays out of the owners. As for many of you who would kill for the tribulations he had to go through, hey, what is stopping you then? If you were that highly motivated in your own life you would applaud Peters gumption to seize the opportunity for his payday. He did it by sitting on his couch. That fact alone is why your feelings are hurt. Get over it.