[closed]My issue with the Fred Davis Visit

I'm glad we brought Fred Davis in for a visit and had we have signed him I believe it would have been an upgrade at the TE position. I'm not surprised that he returned to the Redskins who have a dynamic QB in place. I actually would have questioned him has he signed with the Bills as he really would have proven that he only care's about the money not an organization that is in position to compete for a Super Bowl.

My issue with the Bills is that why do make such a big deal out of higher profile free agents when they visit One Bills Drive? I know this is purely a marketing move but what is the point? Before the ink was dry in the Buffalo News about Davis' visit he had resigned with the Redskins. Why have a press conference with Davis? Let's get our fans hopes up that we are trying only to let them down. My advice would be to keep these things under wraps. I can't think of another NFL organization that does this but then again our organization is run by a bean counter and a "marketing genius."

I'm glad we brought Fred Davis in for a visit and had we have signed him I believe it would have been an upgrade at the TE position. I'm not surprised that he returned to the Redskins who have a dynamic QB in place. I actually would have questioned him has he signed with the Bills as he really would have proven that he only care's about the money not an organization that is in position to compete for a Super Bowl.

My issue with the Bills is that why do make such a big deal out of higher profile free agents when they visit One Bills Drive? I know this is purely a marketing move but what is the point? Before the ink was dry in the Buffalo News about Davis' visit he had resigned with the Redskins. Why have a press conference with Davis? Let's get our fans hopes up that we are trying only to let them down. My advice would be to keep these things under wraps. I can't think of another NFL organization that does this but then again our organization is run by a bean counter and a "marketing genius."

Free agent visits are almost always reported by the talking heads. Whether its a UDFA or a perennial pro bowler, they're reported.

You know Pat White, a guy who hasnt played since he was cut before his second NFL season has been reported to have gone on two visits and JaMarcus Russell, the biggest bust in NFL history has a tam fallowing his progress in his comeback

And what press conference?

Nevermind, found it. Thats more like the media stopping by and catching him than having Russ, and Doug introduce him as a member of the team

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Welcome to the nfl. Every team in the league does this. I'd venture most are much more public than us.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.