Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell could the Bills, who have one of the better cap situations in the league, be outbid by the Redskins, who have a disastrous cap situation? Not that I think Davis is anything above marginal, plus he's seemingly a congenital law offender to boot. But still.

If this isn't a red flag player/person then no one is. He is not a malicious person so much as he is a dope. He is simply contemptuous of the authorities and the laws.He just doesn't care about the consequences. He was under the league drug system. So what. He continued to smoke the weed He ends up being suspended for four games. He has gotten 29 traffic tickets in less than five years, mostly for the same offenses in the same area.

Fred Davis was starting to emerge as a player. Then he submarined himself with his immature behavior. As a talent he is an intriguing player. As a person he is far from being dependable. When the Bills drafted Marshawn Lynch they were well aware of his history. Now they are pursuing Fred Davis knowing his history. Buyer beware!

http://privateoffice...ateofficer-com/

Edited by JohnC

It that is the case then I am relieved.

Like some others here the guy I wanted as a FA TE was Brandon Myers. Here are the details of Myers' contract with the Giants:

3/16/2013: Signed a one-year, $2.25 million contract. The deal included a $1.5 million signing bonus. 2013: $725,000 (+ $25,000 workout bonus), 2014: Free Agent

A 27 year old coming off an excellent season (79 receptions, 806 yards, 4 TDs) in spite of playing the entire year with a bum shoulder.