Great article on the Bills

BILLS #1

I don't think that many of us would object to the Bills trading down abit, if they could still get "their guy" QB... But since that is not easy to do, and since this FO has not done this in the past I would not get my hopes up that they will all of a sudden change their MO...

So if they take "their guy" QB at #8 fine... and get a top WR at #41... Happyness should follow...

If they are able to trade down abit though, they might be able to add a quality young TE with an extra 2nd rd pick they might get...

either of these outcomes would constitute a successful draft...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't ever remember the Bills trading down or back. They might think you get fined for lose your place in line forever, or have to remain in the subsequent position for the remainder of the draft, or even that the "draft demon" will move the Buffalo Bills around in the draft randomly as shown by the big magic talking picture box on the wall!

Ol' Buddy may not KNOW you can trade picks?

I pretty much agree with the original post. I am not a Nassib fan, but they take him at #8, it would mean to me they are extremely confident in the guy (to make what will be considered a ridiculous reach). Doesn't mean he'd pan out. I'm just saying...

I would like them to draft and LB or WR with their 1st pick if possible. If they have any doubt about a QBs available at #8 or #41, draft one later.

Edited by rickenbru

I love Matt Scott. He has a strong arm, he's mobile and accurate. He could be the next Russell Wilson. Last season he was around 195 pounds but finished this year at 212. So I don't think his weight will be an issue. I really hope the Bills get him. I'm pretty sure he will be moving up the draft boards.

I'm right there with ya! Right now, if I was running this draft I would pick Patterson at #8, Scott at #41 and the best TE left at #71, then defense the rest of the way.

Matt Scott has it all...he's fast, athletic, has the size (although needs a few more LBs), has an amazing release, and maybe the best thing about him is his confidence and competitiveness. IMO he is the most competitive out of all of the QBs in this class. I truly believe that he is this year's Russell Wilson. I also truly believe that he does not make it out of the 2nd round. There were a ton of NFL personnel at Arizona's pro day and they were there to see Matt Scott. He is obviously being downplayed as a mid rounder here and in the NFL media and blogs, but I don't think that's the case with the NFL teams. I think he's going in the second round and he gets picked (rightly so) before Nassib.

Edited by 1billsfan

Ok I don't get it. The reason the Bills are where they are is be caused they have ignored the QB position for years. So the solution to fixing it is to ignore the position for another year?

With the rookie salary structure it no longer destroys your franchise for five years if you make a mistake with a QB in the first round. Take one every year until you get it right!

Don't worry about our D giving up 50+ points a game. We need a QB!!! Two, maybe.

PTR