Salary Cap Question Going Forward

AtlBills

I know that last years unused cap $'s could be carried over to 2013, what about unused $'s in 2013? With the new CBA, I know there is a flloor teams must spend to relative to the cap but I am not sure about $'s not spent. Can someone shed some light on this? Maybe the reason the Bills are treading so lightly this year given the modest amount of top talent available in lieu of going big next yr after year 1 of the new coaching team getting its feet wet.

After signing Leo then signing Lawson add the drafted players & then who ever we pick up as UDFA for the simple fact we are not getting any FA signings i don't know that we will have all that much left over to bring to next year ...

And if the front office continues to draw up & allow contrast like the one Fitz signed there will never be any excess cap room to work with :wallbash:

Edited by T master

I know that last years unused cap $'s could be carried over to 2013, what about unused $'s in 2013? With the new CBA, I know there is a flloor teams must spend to relative to the cap but I am not sure about $'s not spent. Can someone shed some light on this? Maybe the reason the Bills are treading so lightly this year given the modest amount of top talent available in lieu of going big next yr after year 1 of the new coaching team getting its feet wet.

The 2013 salary cap is 123m.

The minimum spend is 90%.....coming to 111m.

Our rollover from 2012 is 10m....bringing our cap limit to 133m

At this point, our contract cap hit(top 51 players) is 102m.

We have 9.5m in dead cap hit....making a total so far of 111.5m. This means we have already spent over the minimum requirement.

I have heard that our estimated rookie spend will be 5.5m......bringing the total to 117m.

If Byrd signs a multi-year contract, we will likely see his cap hit reduced by at least 2m.

Theoretically we have 16m(+/-) left to spend......which could easily nab 4-5 players at 2.5m-4m each.

If we chose not to sign any more FA, this means we can take a 16m rollover into the 2014 season......keeping in mind we already have a 7m dead cap hit in 2014 for Fitz.

if they are ten million under the cap can they push fitz' s 7.3 up a year opening up more cap space next year ?

With the carry over situation it actually will make no difference.

Edit: btw....the answer is no.

Edited by Dibs

We have 9.5m in dead cap hit....making a total so far of 111.5m. This means we have already spent over the minimum requirement.

I have heard that our estimated rookie spend will be 5.5m......bringing the total to 117m.

If Byrd signs a multi-year contract, we will likely see his cap hit reduced by at least 2m.

Theoretically we have 16m(+/-) left to spend......which could easily nab 4-5 players at 2.5m-4m each.

If we chose not to sign any more FA, this means we can take a 16m rollover into the 2014 season......keeping in mind we already have a 7m dead cap hit in 2014 for Fitz.

Thanks for that explanation, Dibs.

now, if you could only go back to using hotties for your avatar.....

Dibs-

Is there any site that has an updated Cap team by team?

One that updates daily?

Not that I've found.

The site that is generally most up to date that I look through is:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/

If you click on "2013 cap hits" for each team......scroll all the way to the bottom.....you can figure all of the info.

now, if you could only go back to using hotties for your avatar.....

You are thinking of Dib.......who is totally different from me, Dibs.