UB bball coach Reg fired - Bobby Hurley, ex of Duke, hired

Well so far all of Reg's assistants are still employed. You'd think if Hurley wanted his own guys they would be gone already.

PTR

I was curious since the UB Website has only Hurley and a Secretary Listed.

http://www.buffalobulls.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/index

I would be surprised if he keeps Jim Kwitchoff as an Asst. He and Reggie were together for 14 years at UB and have been coaching together since 1994.

As a Bona fan, Hurley scares me. I want us to be the go to team for players from Toronto, who want to stay close to home.

But, Reggie did, too. I knew he had a great personality and I thought he would recruit great at UB.

The more I've thought about this, the better I feel. As much as I despised Hurley when he went up against my Heels, I really respect his work ethic and he seems to be a good guy. Total gym rat, made the most out of his ability and worked his ass off. He should be able to recruit really well.

Side note: There is a great documentary on HBO called Prayer for the Perfect Season about St. Patrick's high school in New Jersey. I will not go into detail, but Bobby Hurley's dad, Bob, is part of the documentary. He coaches St. Anthony's, which is a HS basketball powerhouse. Bob Hurley is one of the few HS basketball coaches that is in the basketball hall of fame.

Both Colin Cowherd and Jim Rome had tweets about seeing Bobby Hurley in Atlanta for the Final Four. Did either of them even know UB had a team prior to his hiring?

Another example of publicity a well known coach brings to UB.

Both Colin Cowherd and Jim Rome had tweets about seeing Bobby Hurley in Atlanta for the Final Four. Did either of them even know UB had a team prior to his hiring?

Another example of publicity a well known coach brings to UB.

Bob DiCesere of the Buff News would disagree since Reg was his butt buddy. I guess every writer on the News has an arch enemy. Sully has the Bills, Bucky has the Sabres, while DiCesere grinds his axe for UB.

PTR

On the subject of Bob D., I don't know a lot about college hockey. When Niagara switched conferences, Bob D had a column that blasted their administration. He said they had the opporunity to be a top program and threw it away, going to this lesser conference etc.............So, I figured that was that...........And, then this year, Niagara is ranked most of the year and makes the NCAA as an at large, and Bob D. covered the tournament.

What was he talking about 3-4 years ago?