Potential O-line FA acquisition...

... one name often came up as a possible pick for the Bills in the 2001 draft...

Dominic Raiola, C from Nebraska.

Well, the kid is a FA and I really like what he has done in his 4 years in the league.

He is the type of young up & coming player that TD might be interested in...

Dominic Raiola

Later,

Pat

198087[/snapback]

Getting a good center IMO is the foundation of building an OL.

He's horrible, actually. My buddy is a Lions fan and I'm always asking about Raiola b/c I wanted to draft him when he came out. Anyway - he's always getting pushed around - he's undersized. Teague-esque, but he also makes mental errors every game. Not what we're looking for - more of a WCO type of center.

Thanks, Coach...

I didn't know that about him, the review I found, pretty much said that he was the anchor of a line that have given about 38 sacks in the past two years, I thought he was a good one!

Later,

Pat

198187[/snapback]

I've watched him a bit.

Definitly worth a look...

Thanks, Coach...

I didn't know that about him, the review I found, pretty much said that he was the anchor of a line that have given about 38 sacks in the past two years, I thought he was a good one!

Later,

Pat

198187[/snapback]

According to Stats Inc profile Raiola is only credited to allowing .75 sacks over the past two years and 2.50 total over the past four years. In comparison Trey Teague has given up 5.50 over the past three seasons (with 5 coming in 2002, .50 in 2003 and 0 this past season). While sacks are not the only stat to measure an O-lineman on Teague does offer better size at 6-5 300 vs Raiola's 6-1 295. Also of note as a LT with Denver Teague gave up 11.25 sacks, which should end any thoughts of signing Raiola and shifting Teague to LT. Although thoughts of moving Teague to LG and bringing in Raiola to man the middle might be considered however I'm not one for shifting lineman.

According to Stats Inc profile Raiola is only credited to allowing .75 sacks over the past two years and 2.50 total over the past four years. In comparison Trey Teague has given up 5.50 over the past three seasons (with 5 coming in 2002,  .50 in 2003 and 0 this past season). While sacks are not the only stat to measure an O-lineman on Teague does offer better size at 6-5 300 vs Raiola's 6-1 295. Also of note as a LT with Denver Teague gave up 11.25 sacks, which should end any thoughts of signing Raiola and shifting Teague to LT. Although thoughts of moving Teague to LG and bringing in Raiola to man the middle might be considered however I'm not one for shifting lineman.

198192[/snapback]

I bet Drew is alot easier to sack than Harrington and McMann. So of course

Teague would have given up more sacks than Raiola.

Anyone happen to notice Teague played well this year ?  McNally made a big difference in his play.

198303[/snapback]

I did not seem to notice Teague getting bowled over by a bull rush like in 2003. But then again, what do I know...I'm always watching the ball! :devil: