Anyone else missing Joel Buchsbaum?

JPS

It was this time of year I would order my draft guide. I miss it because Joel Buschsbaum routinely nailed it. If he said the OTs were going to go in a particular order, that's the way it would go. If he said Bruschi projects as an inside LB, that's where he would go. It wasn't because he was a scout. I don't think he ever made it out of his Brooklyn apartment. But he spoke to everybody. I really do miss his PFW Draft Guide.

A lot of people have copied his format, but no one has matched his content.

It was this time of year I would order my draft guide. I miss it because Joel Buschsbaum routinely nailed it. If he said the OTs were going to go in a particular order, that's the way it would go. If he said Bruschi projects as an inside LB, that's where he would go. It wasn't because he was a scout. I don't think he ever made it out of his Brooklyn apartment. But he spoke to everybody. I really do miss his PFW Draft Guide.

A lot of people have copied his format, but no one has matched his content.

Didn't he watch 1000s of hours of game footage from his apartment?

He was the only media analyst that I have ever trusted in their opinion......so, yes, I miss him.

Edited by Dibs

The internet has spoiled us to where we can get so much info on players instantly, but there was something really exciting about the day his guide showed up in the mail. I do miss his guide and sitting through the weekend long draft.

Joel was a true analyst, always using hours and hours of film study to make his own evaluations, rather than simply parroting the misinformation that other draft gurus (ie, Kiper) get fed to them by scouts.

I miss his insights very much...

Joel Buchsbaum was the best, hands down. There's really not even an argument. Not only that, he was a great American eccentric, so far removed from traditional media norms and (more generally) mainstream American life that if you didn't know he was real, you'd think he could only be a character in an absurdist fiction novel.

Edited by dave mcbride