Attending the Draft, Questions

sodbuster

A friend and I are planning on going down to NY to hopefully get into Radio City Music Hall. If anyone here has been recently, I have some questions.

I want to know what time I should get in line. It says the line starts at 10pm on wednesday and they hand out the wristbands at midnight, but does a line start before then? Is it usually a mob scene? Is it usually as difficult to get into day 2?

Also, I could only find the pdf release from RCMH and the NFL fom last year, and I cannot seem to find this years. Is it just not out yet?

Lastly, am I worrying about this more than I need to?

get there as early as you can. It was a mob scene the year I went (2006). Anyone who goes for day one automatically gets in for day two. I don't know if they give out additional entry beyond that for the second day. When I went, it was still just Sat and Sun.

It was fun, but I wouldn't it again. Have fun.

Went in 09'... Ugh, the year of Maybin. Anyway, similar situations. Was able to get there the night before the start. Flew into NYC the night of, went right to Radio City from the airport. Got there about 8-9pm and they handed wristbands out at midnight. It was a complete gongshow. Fun as hell though. If we hadn't gotten there before 10pm we probably would have been out as far as tickets go. Since we received wristbands we were granted 2nd day access automatically. At the time, it was only a 2 day event, so I'm not sure how things are now but I can tell you that after round 3, you could just come in off the street if you wanted to. It was emptying out quickly.

The first day, we received specific seating. The 2nd day was open seating as far as I can remember.

Get there early. If wristbands go out at midnight, I'd at least be in the area by noon to get an idea how quickly the line is forming. You can always get a look at the line, and head off to lunch and come back if there's nobody waiting. Not sure how quickly the chaos is now so if your traveling just for the draft, I wouldn't take my chances. I'm thinking about going this year also.

Thanks for the responses!

Any advantages to being there in person versus watching on ESPN other than "the game day experience" type of thing like going to games versus watching on TV?

http://www.radiocity.com/content/dam/msg/pdf/2012%20Draft%20Fan%20Guidelines.pdf

This is last year's flier. Exhibits, prizes, players, more cheerleaders...

Thanks for the responses!http://www.radiocity.com/content/dam/msg/pdf/2012%20Draft%20Fan%20Guidelines.pdf

This is last year's flier. Exhibits, prizes, players, more cheerleaders...

theres plenty of fun to be had there and yes, it is the game day experience as well. There were some really cool 50th anniversary exhibits the year I went that had displays of all the AFL teams. Was tons of people. Just a wild experience and lots of fun all around. And yes, there were 3 different teams that had cheerleaders there. I specifically remember the Eagles Cheerleaders and I got more pictures with them, than I should have.

She was there and was by far my favorite. And she might have the nicest ass I've ever seen in person. Just wow!!!

http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2009/09/28/ask-eagles-cheerleader/Amy_l2.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/12/02/eagles-cheerleader-amy.jpg

theres plenty of fun to be had there and yes, it is the game day experience as well. There were some really cool 50th anniversary exhibits the year I went that had displays of all the AFL teams. Was tons of people. Just a wild experience and lots of fun all around. And yes, there were 3 different teams that had cheerleaders there. I specifically remember the Eagles Cheerleaders and I got more pictures with them, than I should have.

She was there and was by far my favorite. And she might have the nicest ass I've ever seen in person. Just wow!!!

http://cdn2.maxim.co...ader/Amy_l2.jpg

http://sportsillustr...rleader-amy.jpg

FYI for others, maxim link might not be safe for work. My work filter flagged it ;)

But yeah, she certainly looks like a "wow".

Went in 09'... Ugh, the year of Maybin. Anyway, similar situations. Was able to get there the night before the start. Flew into NYC the night of, went right to Radio City from the airport. Got there about 8-9pm and they handed wristbands out at midnight. It was a complete gongshow. Fun as hell though. If we hadn't gotten there before 10pm we probably would have been out as far as tickets go. Since we received wristbands we were granted 2nd day access automatically. At the time, it was only a 2 day event, so I'm not sure how things are now but I can tell you that after round 3, you could just come in off the street if you wanted to. It was emptying out quickly.

The first day, we received specific seating. The 2nd day was open seating as far as I can remember.

Get there early. If wristbands go out at midnight, I'd at least be in the area by noon to get an idea how quickly the line is forming. You can always get a look at the line, and head off to lunch and come back if there's nobody waiting. Not sure how quickly the chaos is now so if your traveling just for the draft, I wouldn't take my chances. I'm thinking about going this year also.

This is the best advice. Be at Radio City by noon on Wednesday.

Although the employees there may not be the best to get advice from since communication is not the best thing between them and the NFL employees. So you may get conflicting advice.

• 1 month later...

I went for day 3 in 2010...........Alyssa Milano was signing autographs :wub:

I flew out of B-Lo at 0500......got to Radio City Music Hall by 0930....stood in line until about 1000.....then they started letting people in. Stayed until the end......got back to the airport around 1900 for my 2230 flight. Was able to get on an earlier flight and was home by 2300.......it was a long Saturday :blink:

My advice for day one.......check the NFL.com website for attendance instructions and following them to a tee. For day 3, you can show up shortly after it starts and walk in without any problems