A Glimmer of Hope, the Bills Still not committed to keeping Fitz on th

BuffBill

.....NO WAY he re-structures his deal, why would he? He has mega money coming his way if he doesn't, pain and simple Fitz is going to do what we all would do, keep the money.

If Fitz is cut he will make $0.00mil.

"Re-structure or be cut" is a pretty good incentive to re-structure IMO.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fitz is cut he will make $0.00mil.

"Re-structure or be cut" is a pretty good incentive to re-structure IMO.

He would still make something next year

The leverage is he might get a little extra from us cash wise if he gives us an easy out as a concession to reduce the cap hit atleast some

He would still make something next year

He will only get the parts of his guaranteed money that hasn't been paid to him yet(hard to figure exactly how much that is).

He will however be getting that money regardless to if he stays or is cut.

Cutting him will mean that he will earn nothing on top of any left-over guaranteed money.

Put yourself in Fitz's shoes.

The Bills say to you, "Re-structure or be cut."....

If you re-structure you likely get at least the same(new money/cash) as you would as a FA.....and you get to stay in a team where you just might get some more playing time.

If you don't re-structure.....you are a FA trying to land a backup role somewhere.

There is little incentive for him not to re-structure unless he feels he could get more as a FA.

He will only get the parts of his guaranteed money that hasn't been paid to him yet(hard to figure exactly how much that is).

We already paid him $21M out of the $24M we guaranteed him, so he is getting $3M from us regardless if he is cut (unless he restructures his deal of course).

If some of you can swallow your hate for Fitz for awhile you just might see some improvement in him this year, if they keep him that is. Why you ask? Because teams were easily prepared to counter Chan Gailey's lame smoke and mirrors offensive scheme. The Gailey spread offense was figured out by week 9 in 2011, and the Bills then went on a downhill 7 game losing spiral. Yet Gailey kept calling the same plays and running the same scheme that stopped working.

This is the NFL, you can't run the same thing over and over unless you have exceptional skill players QB, WR, RB, TE. The only great spots on the offense were Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson. Without another top WR or TE to free up Johnson he was easily double, triple covered and Gailey would try and fool the defense with a 5 WR emtpy backfield set. Like the defense didn't know Johnson was getting the ball, how moronic!

Then Gailey would run out of passing formations because he didn't teach his team to run out of running formations. 4th and one and its a pass. He also used Spiller sparingly for some unknown reason, but Marrone thanks him for it.

I'm thinking Marrone is not a complete boob like you know who, and he will change up the game plan and make adjustments as the game goes on. If the defenses start to catch on to one scheme he will change it up until he finds something that works. One thing I'm pretty certain off, its that the run game will see a bigger part of the game plan. Marrone will probably feature the run game and just have the QB manage the game. That way even TJ or Tyler Thigpen should be able to run the offense until the rookie QB (Nassib) is ready.

If some of you can swallow your hate for Fitz for awhile you just might see some improvement in him this year, if they keep him that is. Why you ask? Because teams were easily prepared to counter Chan Gailey's lame smoke and mirrors offensive scheme. The Gailey spread offense was figured out by week 9 in 2011, and the Bills then went on a downhill 7 game losing spiral. Yet Gailey kept calling the same plays and running the same scheme that stopped working.

It could be perhaps equally argued that Fitz appeared much greater than his abilities in the first 7 games of 2011......and once teams adjusted to the scheme, his skills were shown in a more realistic light.

If some of you can swallow your hate for Fitz for awhile you just might see some improvement in him this year, if they keep him that is.

That's the exact same thing many were saying...right here...3 years ago about Fitz...How he was going to be great with time in Gailey's system...Some even compared his career at that point to Drew Brees...

Forget about it...He's just not that good and, no offense, but you're way over-thinking it...Fitz is a turnover machine of epic portions...The Bills need to move on...Marrone is not good enough to make Fitz viable. And that's nothing against Maronne...He still may end up being a great Coach...But Gailey did as good a job as any coach can polishing that turd...Time to move on... B-)

That's the exact same thing many were saying...right here...3 years ago about Fitz...How he was going to be great with time in Gailey's system...Some even compared his career at that point to Drew Brees...

Forget about it...He's just not that good and, no offense, but you're way over-thinking it...Fitz is a turnover machine of epic portions...The Bills need to move on...Marrone is not good enough to make Fitz viable. And that's nothing against Maronne...He still may end up being a great Coach...But Gailey did as good a job as any coach can polishing that turd...Time to move on... B-)

I'm nearly convinced these trolling posts for fitz are coming from his agent, or at least a younger assistant on his staff. The persistence and targeted writing just screams out economic incentive. What do agents get 20%? That's a cool $600,000 if fitz $3,000,000 option is exercised.

This sound great in February. But if this 7th round rookie sucks worse than Fitz you'll be wailing and gnashing your teeth with the rest of us.

I won't. Gnash my teeth because we only won 6 games? Gnash my teeth because we have the lead and our QB throws an unfathomable pick? Gnash my teeth because I know the HC will stubbornly stick with this career loser? No, I'd say we've all gashed our teeth to the roots with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Move on.

This is the NFL, you can't run the same thing over and over unless you have exceptional skill players QB, WR, RB, TE. The only great spots on the offense were Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson. Without another top WR or TE to free up Johnson he was easily double, triple covered and Gailey would try and fool the defense with a 5 WR emtpy backfield set. Like the defense didn't know Johnson was getting the ball, how moronic!

Then Gailey would run out of passing formations because he didn't teach his team to run out of running formations. 4th and one and its a pass. He also used Spiller sparingly for some unknown reason, but Marrone thanks him for it.

I'm thinking Marrone is not a complete boob like you know who, and he will change up the game plan and make adjustments as the game goes on. If the defenses start to catch on to one scheme he will change it up until he finds something that works. One thing I'm pretty certain off, its that the run game will see a bigger part of the game plan. Marrone will probably feature the run game and just have the QB manage the game. That way even TJ or Tyler Thigpen should be able to run the offense until the rookie QB (Nassib) is ready.

Why do people consistently think this guy is going to get better? Fitz's physical limitations dictate play calling. You cant call anything deep because defenses do not respect it. The guy maxes out at 6 wins and limits the play calling due to his weak arm and horrible mechanics needed to throw the ball hard. Cut the cord, for goodness sake.

Edited by Marauder24

Great, a turd polishing a turd doesn't work,and never will. If anything Fitz should have been benched after that Washington game in 2011 for an injury and instead Gailey let him stay out there getting hammered on each game.

All I gotta say is, when the hell are you people gonna wake up and realize Gailey was the worst HC this franchise has had since Hank Bullough / Kay Stephenson days. I'm not defending Fitz here or stating he is a pro bowl QB. I know he is average at best. But I do know he is better then Tyler Thigpen and Tavaris Jackson

Get a grip haters, Fitz wasn't the one who gave up 45 points to the 49ers, 52 points to the Patriots, 50 points to the Seahawks and allowed that rookie RB to score 3 rushing TD's. Fitz didn't set both NFL & franchise records for being bad last season.

My thinking is if Marrone can take an joe nobody like Ryan Nassib, and develop him into a 1st / 2nd round QB while playing at Syracuse with a surrounding cast of nobody's. Then it might be interesting to see if Marrone can make do with a player that the Bills FO stupidly locked themselves into for this year. I'm also thinking Fitz, TJ, and a rookie QB will be on the roster while Marrone builds the offense his way.

Great, a turd polishing a turd doesn't work,and never will. If anything Fitz should have been benched after that Washington game in 2011 for an injury and instead Gailey let him stay out there getting hammered on each game.

All I gotta say is, when the hell are you people gonna wake up and realize Gailey was the worst HC this franchise has had since Hank Bullough / Kay Stephenson days. I'm not defending Fitz here or stating he is a pro bowl QB. I know he is average at best. But I do know he is better then Tyler Thigpen and Tavaris Jackson

Get a grip haters, Fitz wasn't the one who gave up 45 points to the 49ers, 52 points to the Patriots, 50 points to the Seahawks and allowed that rookie RB to score 3 rushing TD's. Fitz didn't set both NFL & franchise records for being bad last season.

My thinking is if Marrone can take an joe nobody like Ryan Nassib, and develop him into a 1st / 2nd round QB while playing at Syracuse with a surrounding cast of nobody's. Then it might be interesting to see if Marrone can make do with a player that the Bills FO stupidly locked themselves into for this year. I'm also thinking Fitz, TJ, and a rookie QB will be on the roster while Marrone builds the offense his way.

Classic Fitz apologist response: blame the defense that NOBODY here is defending. Improving the defense does not magically make Fitz a better QB or give him a stronger arm. He is less than mediocre, especially in the 4th quarter. What reason is there to think he would improve?

I won't. Gnash my teeth because we only won 6 games? Gnash my teeth because we have the lead and our QB throws an unfathomable pick? Gnash my teeth because I know the HC will stubbornly stick with this career loser? No, I'd say we've all gashed our teeth to the roots with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Move on.

Why do people consistently think this guy is going to get better? Fitz's physical limitations dictate play calling. You cant call anything deep because defenses do not respect it. The guy maxes out at 6 wins and limits the play calling due to his weak arm and horrible mechanics needed to throw the ball hard. Cut the cord, for goodness sake.

There was a magical time when we had two good WR's. It was 2009. The sun was shining, and we could beat single coverage down the field. The result?

If he has a noodle arm, how did he throw it 50 yards down the field? I assume it was blind luck that forced the ball down the field, or maybe a seagull grabbed it and dropped it into TO's hands.

You're argument is invalid because he can throw 50 yards if it's open. It's proven. There's no flukes with arm strength, either you have it or you don't. He has it.

Classic Fitz apologist response: blame the defense that NOBODY here is defending. Improving the defense does not magically make Fitz a better QB or give him a stronger arm. He is less than mediocre, especially in the 4th quarter. What reason is there to think he would improve?

Classic hater response! What reason for the clinically dense...better coaching?

Fitz wasn't the biggest reason the team went 6-10 again last year. While I'm not denying Fitz did suck last season, particularly at running the 2 min drill all season. Four passing downs and out against the pathetic Titans defense to lose the game. An INT in the end zone against the Dolphins, but NVM that the rookie WR who should have never been the primary receiver as he had never even run that play before in practice (according to SJ) ran the wrong route. THAT IS BAD COACHING! NVM that the Bills moronic HC kept putting the focus on winning every game on a substandard, broken QB.

However, I do recall Fitz playing lights out during a few games back in 2010 against the Ravens 37-34 / Steelers in OT, and almost winning against the Steelers if not for a dropped pass in the end zone by SJ. (the Steelers went 12-4 that year and went to the SB) Fitz threw for 29-43 for 382 yards 4 TD's against that vaunted Ravens defense. (The Ravens went 12-4 in 2010). I also recall the Bills starting 5-1 in 2011, with Fitz going 27- 40 for 369 yards against the Patriots in week three for a win that sent every Bills fan everywhere into delirium. So I know he had some ability to play well at that time!

2010, and the first half of 2011 When opposing defenses didn't know every Bills passing play by heart and knew exactly which player the ball was going to on almost every passing play. its a totally different story when the opposing defense knows what you are going to do before you do it. (AKA Titans) I also recall against the Jets, that their DB's knew the Bills passing plays / routes better then the Bills receivers did. It also doesn't help win games to make a substandard QB, and the passing game the focus.rather then the running game. Especially when you have two of the best RB's in the league.

How about the haters be patient to wait and see what this new HC does with the QB situation. Fitz may still suck, just like Trent Edwards did after Gailey picked him to start in 2010. OH WAIT! You mean that supposed superstar QB Guru who didn't know the difference between Brian Brohn, Fitz and Trent Edwards, and then chose Edwards? What I'm saying is, give Marrone a chance to sort things out!

BTW, improving the defense should allow any QB to play better, when the QB isn't always trying to play from behind game after game.

Yea, noodle arm...50+ yard pass

Edited by FeartheLosing

Its obvious the only reason why fitztrashtrick hasnt been released is cuz there trying to make him take a pay cut...im 100% sure if he doesnt lametrashtrick will be released before his 3mil bonus kicks in on march 12th

Classic hater response! What reason for the clinically dense...better coaching?

Fitz wasn't the biggest reason the team went 6-10 again last year. While I'm not denying Fitz did suck last season, particularly at running the 2 min drill all season. Four passing downs and out against the pathetic Titans defense to lose the game. An INT in the end zone against the Dolphins, but NVM that the rookie WR who should have never been the primary receiver as he had never even run that play before in practice (according to SJ) ran the wrong route. THAT IS BAD COACHING! NVM that the Bills moronic HC kept putting the focus on winning every game on a substandard, broken QB.

However, I do recall Fitz playing lights out during a few games back in 2010 against the Ravens 37-34 / Steelers in OT, and almost winning against the Steelers if not for a dropped pass in the end zone by SJ. (the Steelers went 12-4 that year and went to the SB) Fitz threw for 29-43 for 382 yards 4 TD's against that vaunted Ravens defense. (The Ravens went 12-4 in 2010). I also recall the Bills starting 5-1 in 2011, with Fitz going 27- 40 for 369 yards against the Patriots in week three for a win that sent every Bills fan everywhere into delirium. So I know he had some ability to play well at that time!

2010, and the first half of 2011 When opposing defenses didn't know every Bills passing play by heart and knew exactly which player the ball was going to on almost every passing play. its a totally different story when the opposing defense knows what you are going to do before you do it. (AKA Titans) I also recall against the Jets, that their DB's knew the Bills passing plays / routes better then the Bills receivers did. It also doesn't help win games to make a substandard QB, and the passing game the focus.rather then the running game. Especially when you have two of the best RB's in the league.

How about the haters be patient to wait and see what this new HC does with the QB situation. Fitz may still suck, just like Trent Edwards did after Gailey picked him to start in 2010. OH WAIT! You mean that supposed superstar QB Guru who didn't know the difference between Brian Brohn, Fitz and Trent Edwards, and then chose Edwards? What I'm saying is, give Marrone a chance to sort things out!

BTW, improving the defense should allow any QB to play better, when the QB isn't always trying to play from behind game after game.

Yea, noodle arm...50+ yard pass

Um big deal......i can throw a nfl size football 58 yards..that doesnt mean I have a cannon....thing about fitz on routes were the ball has to be placed perfectly with tons of velocity..he cant complete...cuz lamerolftrick is as accurate as a blindfolded ryan leaf..with the arm strength of a highschool qb...its ashame that I can throw farther then fitz...embarrassing really...lol Edited by Hotpockets28

Its obvious the only reason why fitztrashtrick hasnt been released is cuz there trying to make him take a pay cut...im 100% sure if he doesnt lametrashtrick will be released before his 3mil bonus kicks in on march 12th

Um big deal......i can throw a nfl size football 58 yards..that doesnt mean I have a cannon....thing about fitz on routes were the ball has to be placed perfectly with tons of velocity..he cant complete...cuz lamerolftrick is as accurate as a blindfolded ryan leaf..with the arm strength of a highschool qb...its ashame that I can throw farther then fitz...embarrassing really...lol

Its more then obvious to me that Fitz is the best QB the Bills currently have on their roster.

While TJ has some equal stats to Fitz, he played on a better Seahawks team and sucked there or they wouldn't have traded him away. Plus, I recall reading that in every game when the onus was on the QB to win TJ folded like a house of cards. Who knows if he read a defense, set protections, and can get rid of the ball to the open receiver in 2 seconds like Fitz can. Gailey must have thought Fitz, AND Tyler Thigpen were better or TJ would have been active at least one game last season.

JaMarcus Russell can throw the ball 100+ yards, that doesn't mean he is worth a crap...

The fact that his cap hit comes off next year by cutting him nw is reason enough to do so.

Next year the Bills will have that extra room to sign a key guy or two.

Would you not like to resign Woods next off season? Fitz's contract could go a long way to deciding if the Bills can do that or not....

food for thought.

The fact that his cap hit comes off next year by cutting him nw is reason enough to do so.

Next year the Bills will have that extra room to sign a key guy or two.

Would you not like to resign Woods next off season? Fitz's contract could go a long way to deciding if the Bills can do that or not....

food for thought.

Don't care, our O-line wasn't as miraculous as people think. We had to throw the ball within two seconds of the play starting and our QB was getting smashed every play. Just because our guy has a quick release, doesn't make our o-line nasty.

Um big deal......i can throw a nfl size football 58 yards..that doesnt mean I have a cannon....thing about fitz on routes were the ball has to be placed perfectly with tons of velocity..he cant complete...cuz lamerolftrick is as accurate as a blindfolded ryan leaf..with the arm strength of a highschool qb...its ashame that I can throw farther then fitz...embarrassing really...lol

Except, when you talk about arm strength that is the entire point of the characteristic. How far and fast you can throw the ball. They aren't talking about accuracy, but arm strength when they call him noodle arm. The same noodle arm who has proven he can throw the balll 50+ yards, and still people say he can't get the ball 20 yards down the field. Which is wrong and misguided.

If you can throw an NFL ball 58 yards with any kind of speed, which I'm absolutely sure you can not, why are you sitting on TBD instead of trying out for the Bills? Is it because the starter is better than you in every other category? Normally, I wouldn't call out someone who is criticizing and tell them to shut up unless they can do better, but you opened the floodgates with your arm strength "stat."

"I can run a 4.4 40, big deal, CJ isn't that good; it's not all about speed"

There's an example of how stupid someone looks when they try to turn an argument into a different one after they lose by using an unbelievable personal anecdote.

tl;dr he has arm strength, go back to your RF voodoo doll until the next punching bag plays for the Bills and disappoints you.