The next Stevie?

hooper

All of these guys would be value as RD6 or UDFA picks.

Mike Shanahan WR 87 Pittsburgh 6'4" 225 -----'12 AVG =18.1 just is a football player, period. Big guy.

Darrin Moore WRF 14 Texas Tech 6'4" 216 ----won vs Kansas in OT, Seth Doege his QB caught 13 TD as of Nov 24

Marlon Brown WRF 15 Georgia 6'4" 216 -----Possession guy, Comes back, good back shoulder catches

John Goodman WR 81 Notre Dame 6'3" 215---- good downfield blocker, widebody, 4.47 speed

One more thing. The next Stevie in my mind is Chris Harper of KSU.

Right correct, Mr. Saint. Keenan Burton was the other receiver for KY. He was drafted in the 4th and is now out of the league.

I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the second, although I'd prefer Terrance Williams.

I like the draft in your sig. That's letting the draft fall as it may, and taking who's going to help your team get better!

Rather than the "next Stevie", I'd prefer the Bills set their sights higher. 70 snags a season doesn't cut it any more for a #1 wr. I'm thinking 95+ is where it's at for a #1... and the Bills could sure use one.

Agreed, but when your QB consistently misses you and can't throw beyond 10 yards with accuracy, 70 seems to be a ceiling for Bills' receivers.

Denard Robinson only runs a 4.55? He looks faster than that on the field.

And I think his teammate Roy Roundtree is worth a look. His stats are weak but I chalk that up to Robinson being one of the worst throwers I've ever seen.

Rather than the "next Stevie", I'd prefer the Bills set their sights higher. 70 snags a season doesn't cut it any more for a #1 wr. I'm thinking 95+ is where it's at for a #1... and the Bills could sure use one.

As would we all, but the point of the thread is late-round value at the WR position. Unfortunately the Bills will not be able to address QB, LB, WR and CB in the first two rounds.

Ryan Swope could be one of the steals in this draft. Not the most athletic or physically gifted receiver in the bunch, but the guy always seemed to make plays whenever I saw him.

I agree, and he made plays against some solid D's. I'd be thrilled if we got him. I also like Robinson from Michigan who is a playmaker every time he touches the ball and could do well in a spread formation, also interested in Lemon from Syracuse, and Williams from Baylor--who probably won't be available in a "later round."

As in, "That receiver just done Swope down the field!"

He's one of the guys that "catches the ball when covered". Trying to figure out who Nix means when he says this.

Conner Vernon is another one. He could fill in at RB, too, 250 lbs., good out of the backfield catching it too.

One more thing. The next Stevie in my mind is Chris Harper of KSU.

In terms of a mid to late round pick, I think I agree. He's only been playing the position for 2 years. Already a pretty good route runner with good hands, I think he'll learn how to use his 228 lb. body better in the future. I'm pretty sure he's faster than the 4.58 estimate the original link provides, but we'll see that at the combine.

I've seen estimates of Stedman Bailey going mid rounds, I'd strongly consider him. He played half the season on a bad ankle and still put up 25 TDs. Austin got the ink, but in many games, Bailey was the go to guy.

If there's one that reminds me of SJ, its Quinton Patton. He just looks like he has that same ability to confuse the CB at the line, keeps them guessing as to whether he's going inside or outside. Seems to have the same attitude of not being intimidated by the bigger teams either. His best games seem to be against the bigger teams, including that incredible performance against A & M.

In terms of a mid to late round pick, I think I agree. He's only been playing the position for 2 years. Already a pretty good route runner with good hands, I think he'll learn how to use his 228 lb. body better in the future. I'm pretty sure he's faster than the 4.58 estimate the original link provides, but we'll see that at the combine.

I've seen estimates of Stedman Bailey going mid rounds, I'd strongly consider him. He played half the season on a bad ankle and still put up 25 TDs. Austin got the ink, but in many games, Bailey was the go to guy.

If there's one that reminds me of SJ, its Quinton Patton. He just looks like he has that same ability to confuse the CB at the line, keeps them guessing as to whether he's going inside or outside. Seems to have the same attitude of not being intimidated by the bigger teams either. His best games seem to be against the bigger teams, including that incredible performance against A & M.

Bailey is a interesting prospect, no doubt a gamer, but like you said the injury issue. I think the combine will answer that question.

Denard Robinson only runs a 4.55? He looks faster than that on the field.

And I think his teammate Roy Roundtree is worth a look. His stats are weak but I chalk that up to Robinson being one of the worst throwers I've ever seen.

As would we all, but the point of the thread is late-round value at the WR position. Unfortunately the Bills will not be able to address QB, LB, WR and CB in the first two rounds.

As a Michigan fan, I am surprised to hear that is Robinson's 40 time.

I think Roy Roundtree would be worth a look. His numbers don't jump out at you, but he did make a lot of clutch plays. I see him as a 4th or 5th rounder.