Super Bowl Saturday?

The Super Bowl should be on a Saturday in any weather conditions, its stupid for it to be on a Sunday. And anyone that thinks playing the Super Bowl in cold weather is a bad idea is kind of beyond my logic as I think the best case scenario is if it snows.

The real issue is that the NFL wants people to fly in and spend all there money on Saturday and Sunday at the Hotels/Food/Entertainment. If the SB was on Saturday, then people are flying in on Saturday morning to the game and then leaving out of the city on Sunday afternoon. That is less money to the host city's economy.

I'm guessing the primary reason the SB hasn't been moved to Saturday before now is so the host city can rake in more revenue from the entire weekend. That said, I don't know what casual fan (or employer) wouldn't love it.

And while we're on the topic of the SB being outdoors in a northern climate next year -- I applaud the decision. It's the first thing the league has done to make this more about the football game and less about the "spectacle" in a long, long time. The old AFL and NFL championships were played in home stadiums without regard for weather.

I'm guessing the primary reason the SB hasn't been moved to Saturday before now is so the host city can rake in more revenue from the entire weekend. That said, I don't know what casual fan (or employer) wouldn't love it.

And while we're on the topic of the SB being outdoors in a northern climate next year -- I applaud the decision. It's the first thing the league has done to make this more about the football game and less about the "spectacle" in a long, long time. The old AFL and NFL championships were played in home stadiums without regard for weather.

Two weeks ago there was a snow storm of three feet and more that hit the New England and NYC area. If that would have occurred during a SB weekend it would have been not only an economic disaster but also a football disaster. I'm not against playing SB games in a northern city if it is played in a Dome stadium. But for a game that is going to be watched by an incredibly large audience and with so much preparation involved it doesn't make a lot of sense to play a game when there are weather related risks that could derail a well played game. It is without question that the numerous big plays that were made by both teams in New Orleans could not have occurred if they played in a snowstorm with gusty winds.