Giants to make a run @Jonas Jennings

Tom

I personally think that to sign free agents, the Giants are going to have to give an extra premium in their contract offers, for players to be willing to work under Tom Coughlin. Other teams would be more of a threat to sign him than the Giants IMHO.

I personally think that to sign free agents, the Giants are going to have to give an extra premium in their contract offers, for players to be willing to work under Tom Coughlin.  Other teams would be more of a threat to sign him than the Giants IMHO.

196570[/snapback]

Giants have coin this year........... :blink:

If the Giants are giving indicators they want Jennings, then maybe we should tag is ass and get a pick out of it...

197144[/snapback]

If we tag him, we'll probably have to cut him because no way is he worth the $7 million annual cap hit a franchise LT would command. If we wanted to play fast and lose with him you tag him until the market dries up even further for LTs as NYG will also have a shot at UFAs like Pace, Walter Jones, and Tra Thomas who if I am going to spend transition money on I would much prefer to Jennings who is good but not top 10 OL cap hit money good.

Ifthe Bills developed a rep for playing the game this way then say goodbye to attracting FAs here and get ready for a lot of disquiet among players on the roster.

Ifthe Bills developed a rep for playing the game this way then say goodbye to attracting FAs here and get ready for a lot of disquiet among players on the roster.

197170[/snapback]

we didn't seem to have any problem signing takeo, adams, vincent, and villy after pulling the stunt with peerless, so count me among the unconcerned.......if we can get pick(s) for jennings, we'd be foolish not to.......

I don't know the Bills salary cap position, but whatever money gets tied up when you tag him they get back once a deal is worked out with another team, so I don't see the big deal of tagging him and then dealing if you have enough room left to maneuver during that time. Even if it does make it tight against the cap during that time, it might not really matter much as TD has given indications we won't be big players in FA anyway.

Of course, there is only one real drawback to this 'bluff'.  If you franchise him, he can always accept the one year offer and we would be screwed.

197554[/snapback]

and why would he do that when he has a 10 million dollar signing bonus waiting for him? not a chance he signs the 1 year offer.........name me a f-tagged player who has signed the offer in the 1st week of free agency.......never happens........people on this board said the same thing about peerless, and he never took it.........

197170[/snapback]

I'm sure PP is real pissed off at the deal he got.....

As long as players receive the cash they could give two ***** about how the deal is created. While location is a factor for most players their ultimate destination will be decided more by the amount of jack they receive then anything else. Considering TD has only done this once with PP, and PP got a hell of a deal, I don't see why it would be a major issue with players.

That said their is no chance in hell TD tags JJ. The main reason is simply a matter of value. JJ's value in this years Free Agent market is not nearly as high as PP's was a few years go. This year their are several top notch OT's available meaning the demand for JJ will be much less. Personally I think the demand for him will be low enough that he will return to the Bills.

If your another team why would you give up a pick and a huge salary for JJ when you can get a better player without giving up the pick....Doesn't make much sense.