Federal Appeals Court Bitch Slaps Imperial President BO

Nanker

Are you suggesting the the President could be ...Skynet!!??? My god. How did we not see this before.

Dude, you joke, but I got sources. Everyone's right. There is a conspiracy, there is a cover up, there is a master plan -- but everyone's blaming the wrong people for it. Saying this is Obama's plan is as laughable as saying it was Bush or Cheney's. Think I'm joking? Look back over the past 20 years. In just two short decades we have witnessed the complete dismantling of your privacy and civil liberties in the name of an over sensationalized threat to your national security. We've seen the powers of the federal government grow in ways never before seen in American history. Billions of your tax dollars going to fund the newly minted Department of Homeland Security and a highly sophisticated federally run surveillance program. A program which has become alarmingly more autonomous. Putting absolute power in the hands of an ever shrinking number of people.

Not surprisingly the 20 somethings, who grew up never knowing anything but this current surveillance state, are the least alarmed demographic about this trend. They see it as the norm. They use the internet more than any other demographic yet seem resigned to the fact that there's nothing they can do about it. Every email, every text, every tweet is logged and stored by the NSA and no one cares. More and more your lives move into the domain of the digital with an ever increasing dependency on a bunch of 1s and 0s that make up this new world. A world of 1s and 0s that is entirely controlled by the powers that be. A world where there is no privacy, there is no free expression. A world They can turn off at any moment and plunge the majority of you into chaos. Or, perhaps more alarmingly, They could focus on any individual they like and obliterate them with a flood of information -- or disinformation. With a media that caters to an audience rather than the truth there's no way to fight back.

Not that anyone is listening anyway. The national attention span is so unfocused and ever shrinking that it's easier than ever to control the masses. Or at least distract 'em. Get everyone fighting about the latest episode of The Bachelor or sound-byte from the floor of the United States House of Representatives (both of which are equally ridiculous and staged for dramatic effect) and no one will ever bother looking at the big picture, let alone the giant baby grand piano dangling above their heads.

...Then again, I'm real high.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the courts opinion and it's one thing I do agree with, substantively no. If you want to talk number of days...then it was 3 where more commonly it has been 5 or 10 or so on the close on end...

...and it was really 20 anyway the 3 just accounts for the gavel dropping w/ nobody in the room every 3 days

Sucks to be wrong, overuled and knowing that any further complaint will get you contempt. Hehe.

hehe...I know the conservative media narrative is that imperial overlord Obama tried to slip in some recess appointments when the congress was in recess but not between sessions and this is bold and unheard of insanity....the reality is these intrasession appointments have happened all the time. How dare he staff the NLRB so it can function! Who does he think he is! The President?

hehe...I know the conservative media narrative is that imperial overlord Obama tried to slip in some recess appointments when the congress was in recess but not between sessions and this is bold and unheard of insanity....the reality is these intrasession appointments have happened all the time. How dare he staff the NLRB so it can function! Who does he think he is! The President?

I presume you were answering me with your preposterous post. You fail to see the difference. You might want the nazis from the beer gardens to control things here but we don't want your kind here.

I presume you were answering me with your preposterous post. You fail to see the difference. You might want the nazis from the beer gardens to control things here but we don't want your kind here.

Explain the difference please I would love to hear you do it

BTW the best answer for that is a DOJ brief in a '93 case that cites the adjournments clause (a clause unrelated to appointments) as a weak but the best argument that there is a constitutionally set number of days to constitute a recess for the purposes of intrasession recess appointments. Of course, intrasession recess appointments were rare and very short at the founding, intersession frequent and long, today it is the exact opposite, and it is clear there is no set intrasession break days number...therefore there is no real difference between 10 days and 3...certainly not when the 3 is in the middle of a 20 day break w/ mere pro forma sessions. In any event Obama has used recess appointments in general far less than his 2 predecessors but I know that doesn't fit the narrative...

Dude, you joke, but I got sources. Everyone's right. There is a conspiracy, there is a cover up, there is a master plan -- but everyone's blaming the wrong people for it. Saying this is Obama's plan is as laughable as saying it was Bush or Cheney's. Think I'm joking? Look back over the past 20 years. In just two short decades we have witnessed the complete dismantling of your privacy and civil liberties in the name of an over sensationalized threat to your national security. We've seen the powers of the federal government grow in ways never before seen in American history. Billions of your tax dollars going to fund the newly minted Department of Homeland Security and a highly sophisticated federally run surveillance program. A program which has become alarmingly more autonomous. Putting absolute power in the hands of an ever shrinking number of people.

Not surprisingly the 20 somethings, who grew up never knowing anything but this current surveillance state, are the least alarmed demographic about this trend. They see it as the norm. They use the internet more than any other demographic yet seem resigned to the fact that there's nothing they can do about it. Every email, every text, every tweet is logged and stored by the NSA and no one cares. More and more your lives move into the domain of the digital with an ever increasing dependency on a bunch of 1s and 0s that make up this new world. A world of 1s and 0s that is entirely controlled by the powers that be. A world where there is no privacy, there is no free expression. A world They can turn off at any moment and plunge the majority of you into chaos. Or, perhaps more alarmingly, They could focus on any individual they like and obliterate them with a flood of information -- or disinformation. With a media that caters to an audience rather than the truth there's no way to fight back.

Not that anyone is listening anyway. The national attention span is so unfocused and ever shrinking that it's easier than ever to control the masses. Or at least distract 'em. Get everyone fighting about the latest episode of The Bachelor or sound-byte from the floor of the United States House of Representatives (both of which are equally ridiculous and staged for dramatic effect) and no one will ever bother looking at the big picture, let alone the giant baby grand piano dangling above their heads.

...Then again, I'm real high.

This would make an amazing movie.

This is not just a political game, the ruling, will effect Americans everywhere, and it was all due to an unnecessary action by the administration.

From the Washington Post:

John Eastman, a professor at Chapman University School of Law, explained via e-mail, “The D.C. Circuit today has forcefully reiterated the importance of separation of powers to our constitutional system of government. . . . The President should have known that his ‘recess appointments,’ made when the Senate was not in recess, flouted this core constitutional check on the President’s powers. Now, his administration will have to clean up the mess he created, with over a year’s worth of decisions by the NLRB now illegal because issued by an illegally constituted board.”

James Sherk of the Heritage Foundation is compiling a list of those cases likely to be invalidated:

a) The NLRB’s “ambush election” proposal that would shorten the timeframe for union elections to less than three weeks and limit the ability of employers’ lawyers to challenge NLRB decisions about who votes in the election;

b) Forcing employers in all industries . . . to bargain with “micro-unions” that represent narrow groups of workers within a company (even workers of a single job title);

c) Limiting employees’ rights to not fund political activities by preventing workers from viewing auditors reports of union spending and by classifying lobbying expenses as “representational activities”’;

d) Preventing employers from ending payroll dues deductions when a collective bargaining agreement expires;

e) Restricting employers ability to limit off-duty access to a workplace in order – thus expanding access for union organizers;

f) Narrowing the definition of supervisors (who cannot be unionized) to expand the number of employees unions can organize;

g) Expanding the definition of “concerted activity” to include public complaints about an employer or boss in social media;

h) Asserting NLRB jurisdiction over public charter schools;

i) Requiring employers to give unions copies of sworn witness statements in investigations into workplace misconduct, chilling the ability of employees to speak freely without fear of repercussions.

{snip}

“President Obama’s flagrant violation of the Constitution not only will damage relations with Congress for years to come but will ultimately weaken the office of the presidency. There eventually may be litigation over the illegal appointments, but it will be a failure of government if the political branches do not resolve this injustice before a court rules.” Indeed, the courts were forced to take matters into their own hands to enforce the Constitution.

Although he often talks as if Congress is an inconvenient distraction, the president has been reminded that he does not reign supreme and must actually share power with the legislature. The decision throws into doubt the validity of a slew of egregiously pro-union decisions by the board.

Consider the utter chaos caused by Obama’s power grab. In all likelihood, the rulings in the cases above will be voided. What happens to the employee who paid money into a union as a result of one of those cases? An employer who had to pay higher wages or pay money into a union pension plan? What if an employer had to shut down because of a union contract that he never should have been forced to sign? The myriad of complications and the economic and personal dislocation could be tremendous.

This, by the way, is the very reason why the rule of law is so valuable — it provides clarity, dependability and finality. But not in the Obama era.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/01/25/two-wins-against-unchecked-power-and-two-lefty-losses/

Well we're getting a bit off topic since I'm just saying let whoever gets the job have an easier time staffing his agencies....but to your point....I suppose you elect the guy who runs saying he doesn't like it?

Like the nation did with Obama who promised to dismantle the Patriot Act and the NDAA but instead made both stronger and more invasive into the average American's life?

The point is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Bush and his cronies pushed through an agenda that completely redefined our civil liberties and the definition of privacy not to fight terror, but to make the federal government's power absolute. Obama, riding into office on a wave of hope and change did nothing to change the course the neo-cons put our nation on. Instead they reinforced it.

And this is ultimately why the 17'th, and the vacating of states rights, is such an abomination.

I have, in the past, beat my head against the wall calling for it's repeal. You'd think the libs would too since they also control State legislatures and Governor mansions.