don't make them like they used to thread

Pete

What items do you think used to be better made?

For me- two come to mind-

Levi's. When I was a kid, a pair would last me a year- even though I would play street hockey in them, football, climb fences, etc. Now I find they tear easily, and rarely last 6 months. Also, jeans used to fit properly. For the love of God, can I get a pair of Levi's that doesn't show the crack of my ass? No baggy jeans please, and I am not a fat ass that needs loose fitting. I just want a 1970's pair of Levis.

Lighters-remember when concert goers would hold their lighters? Try doing that now. Lighters are inferior today. It is a short flame, and they run out quick. Thank you Beavis and Butthead and reactionary, kneejerk zealots.

What item do you feel is inferior today?

Childrens toys. For christs sake some of them were made out of cast iron. Made to last a lifetime, actually forever. Even the quality of toys from 30-years ago there is a huge difference than today - GI Joe, transformers, tonka trunks, star wars figureens, remember those rubber WWF wrestlers (those were awesome hahaha). Those rubber WWF wrestlers would have last forever until I took a magnify glass to them in the sun....what an idiot I am!

The toys today are cheap, and flimsy. Not made to last.

Candy - gum, chocolate bars etc.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

My Parents had a gas refrigerator. It ran on natural gas, and had no moving parts, was totally quiet, and we never worried about power outages. Bought it from Iriquois Gas. They were so good/reliable that I think Servel went out of business because they had no repeat customers

They changed the gasket on the door a few times but what finally did it in was the plastic wheel that pivoted on the gas valve, that was used to set temps & defrost mode. The wheel was plastic, and over 40 years the hub of the wheel broke. From then on, the only way to adjust was on your hands & knees with a vice grips and flashlight, and that was a guessing game. The refrigerator worked fine but it was replaced because the cheap plastic wheel failed.

More recently, we had a Maytag dishwasher that got replaced because a 10 cent nylon wheel on the upper rack broke. Went to Lowe's, where we bought it, and got handed a business card with a 1-800 number. We replaced the upper rack but it was not exactly as original, and it never worked properly, so it's also gone before it's time but was replaced at a "local" appliance store that can assist with future premature parts failures. Lowes can sit on their 1-800 number and spin!

You're right about the toys. I still have my Doepke pressed metal Fire trucks, Lionel Trains and Schwinn Bike. Somehow I never; cut myself, electrocuted myself, or fell off the bike which I rode everyday without knowiong what a helmet was.

http://www.dicksspor...ductId=11584720

Try these with other shoes.

Thanks for the tip. I badly sprained an ankle recently, and although I'm finally back to walking normally, it hasn't felt strong enough to get back to playing basketball yet. I've never used an ankle brace, but based on the reviews in your link, I will definitely check this one out.