ESPN has Fitz on the cut list..... Set to make 10.3 million...

mellaman101

How'd Vick do this year?

I'll make you a bet... I'll change my name to whatever you like and you change yours to what I want.. If Mike and Fitz both get cut whoever gets picked up first.. Then we'll see who had a better year.. That would answer your question.... LOL.. Now put up or shut up... I bet you chicken out... You know that I know Fitz and Mike aren't in the same category... So on that note... Thats how Vick did last year...lol...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to forget we had Brian Brohm on our roster. He was a second round pick just a few years before and was our backup for the first season of Nix and Gailey. Levi Brown was with the team in camp, then we had a rash of injuries and had to release him. At that time Fitz was playing very well. The next year we brought in VY and he blew it in camp. We missed on Kaepernick sure, but I dont buy that we didnt address the QB position

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: awesome! agree to disagree on this item strongly.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'll make you a bet... I'll change my name to whatever you like and you change yours to what I want.. If Mike and Fitz both get cut whoever gets picked up first.. Then we'll see who had a better year.. That would answer your question.... LOL.. Now put up or shut up... I bet you chicken out... You know that I know Fitz and Mike aren't in the same category... So on that note... Thats how Vick did last year...lol...

Interesting bet....until...

Vick gets cut in Feb and Fitz March, ir vice versa. Better would be how long they are on the market. Or how many teams are interested or how much money they get or their stats over the next three years.

Vick will get signed somewhere more for being a ticket draw then anything else. But who wants to hook to that trailer? Who likely goes after him? SD after cutting Rivers (if they do?) Almost all the Nifong fair teams are w/a QB except the Chiefs and a few others.

Fitz makes more sense to many reams but he is not as flashy...Fitz is the better choice.

What all you Fitz haters don't get is that Nix, Gailey and the cast of buffoons running the team in 2010 clearly didn't know the difference between Brian Brohn -Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gailey stated that all three were about equal and then chose Trent Edwards as his starter in training camp. Gave all the pre season first sting reps to a guy he would end up cutting after two weeks into the regular season.

Then Buddy Nix has made it clear the ONLY way he is drafting a QB is if one falls to him in the draft. He would have taken Cam Newton if he had been available in 2011. Nix didn't try and trade up for RG3 or Andrew luck, and for that matter didn't even try for Peyton Manning as a free agent. Buddy Nix had his chance to take Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and yet all 3 were QB's who took their teams to the playoffs this year. Kaepernick is with a team going to the super bowl!

Why Buddy Nix is still employed with the Buffalo Bills is beyond me! Who is this brilliant talent evaluator on the Bills scouting staff who is supposedly now good enough to find that elusive "elite" franchise type QB?

I sure as hell hope Doug Marrone knows how to evaluate a QB because Nix and his staff clearly don't.

What all you Fitz haters don't get is that Nix, Gailey and the cast of buffoons running the team in 2010 clearly didn't know the difference between Brian Brohn -Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Gailey stated that all three were about equal and then chose Trent Edwards as his starter in training camp. Gave all the pre season first sting reps to a guy he would end up cutting after two weeks into the regular season.

Then Buddy Nix has made it clear the ONLY way he is drafting a QB is if one falls to him in the draft. He would have taken Cam Newton if he had been available in 2011. Nix didn't try and trade up for RG3 or Andrew luck, and for that matter didn't even try for Peyton Manning as a free agent. Buddy Nix had his chance to take Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and yet all 3 were QB's who took their teams to the playoffs this year. Kaepernick is with a team going to the super bowl!

Why Buddy Nix is still employed with the Buffalo Bills is beyond me! Who is this brilliant talent evaluator on the Bills scouting staff who is supposedly now good enough to find that elusive "elite" franchise type QB?

I sure as hell hope Doug Marrone knows how to evaluate a QB because Nix and his staff clearly don't.

Let us all pray it is Doug Whaley!

You're missing the point. While you were serving up crow you forgot to grab yourself a plate. Plus I'd be willing to bet Vick doesn't prove to be a franchise savior next year, but I don't know if someone wants to pick him up as a gadget player or hope to resurrect his career.

Interesting bet....until...

Vick gets cut in Feb and Fitz March, ir vice versa. Better would be how long they are on the market. Or how many teams are interested or how much money they get or their stats over the next three years.

Vick will get signed somewhere more for being a ticket draw then anything else. But who wants to hook to that trailer? Who likely goes after him? SD after cutting Rivers (if they do?) Almost all the Nifong fair teams are w/a QB except the Chiefs and a few others.

Fitz makes more sense to many reams but he is not as flashy...Fitz is the better choice.

Fitz better than Mike? What teams are looking or linked to Fitz if he's cut? Don't worry I'll wait...

You're missing the point. While you were serving up crow you forgot to grab yourself a plate. Plus I'd be willing to bet Vick doesn't prove to be a franchise savior next year, but I don't know if someone wants to pick him up as a gadget player or hope to resurrect his career.

No I'm not missing any point you said who was better? Thats your answer teams are still looking into Mike if he is even cut.. Who's looking into Fitz? You sir get the same question... I'll Wait...

Paying fitz 10 million is crazy. Take the cap hit move on. We can win 5 games with a rookie qb So why keep him. He has had more then a chance to prove himself

As for the who's better game. I say how could someone be worse. 16 wins in three years. Key turnovers. High school qb have stronger arms. Move on

Fitz better than Mike? What teams are looking or linked to Fitz if he's cut? Don't worry I'll wait...

No I'm not missing any point you said who was better? Thats your answer teams are still looking into Mike if he is even cut.. Who's looking into Fitz? You sir get the same question... I'll Wait...

If I was a GM and I had a good starting QB, someone between 28-34 who has done very well in the past years and shown stability and can stay healthy, I'd want Fitzpatrick as a backup. Put him behind someone like Brees, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler even... it just makes sense to have a QB you know you can count on to come in if necessary and not lose you the game.

Fitz at this point in his career, is maybe a 3 million a year back up for a habitual playoff team. Not bad money for a clip board holder. Then again his future employment will also depend on the offense his new team runs.

He has no place on the Bills roster. I think the new regime will figure that out. His presence on the team has zero upside.

For those that believe he could be a good mentor. Mentor what? He's a below average lifetime QB that never played even on a winning season.

The Bills haven't even put a back up in to play in years. Except for having Gailey's pet from KC take a couple of snaps in 2011. The team needs new blood. Get the losing culture and stink off the team.

Edited by Best Player Available

It makes sense for another team. To much baggage here. U don't want a split locker room.

I just do not see how people say he would split a locker room? Yes, if it was Trent Edwards, or another FA QB who was mediocre (basically all those that are FA this year are) then I could see it. But everyone and their mother knows the Bills are looking to groom a young QB to stick around and if a rookie came in and struggled he'd get a pass for being a rookie.

Someone who gets it! Fitz is a nice guy but NFL QB he isn't. Good riddance.

the guy can play QB. And yes his rating and stats are better the bledsoe. But bledsoe threw the ball. And Fitz throws screens. Stats don't tell me Fitz is the answer.

The comfort of a good backup is a good comfort. Look at Phili, you and Ryan and anyone can. Vick or McNabb goes down and they have backups who can play. Even in NE they had something similar. When Brady went down many men were pleased but Cassel still came in and found success. Look at him now, Tommy Maddox, Todd Collins, some QB's are better when they aren't starting.