Positional Needs for DraftTek - January

Astrobot

So we need a whole freaking front seven dont we ? another DE another DT another OLB and MLB. and we need that now.

We Must have franchisable QB. And wish hard for a stud WR. Thats it drafts over.

No pressure Doug , Buddy, Whaley, Pettine, Hackett

I mean look at the last season. Record (worst ever! ) yards against the rush. That's insane what happened.

we are going to need at least two drafts to get up and running.

schemes my friend, schemes. If what I envision becomes the case we may just very well need an MLB. I have been giving this a lot of thought (for the little time I have).

If we can get our 4-3 DE's to contain the play, cause the pocket to collapse and drive the action toward the DL then that will allow our active DT's to attack the play. With the attacking style of play by the DT's it leaves two players to play mop up. A big, sure tackler in the middle who can take the blows - Ray Lewis type of stuffer to exaggerate. The next guy is a SS. Many here talk about A.Williams going to SS. I do not know about that, and while I like G.Wilson I would prefer a SS that has a real tenure at the position.

If Gilmore can hold his own on the island, the CB opposite him can work with the WLB and FS to shift pressure to our SLB and MLB - specifically on runs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How accurate is that mock supposed to be? Nassib and Glennon lasting until the 5th round?????

How accurate is any full 7 round mock draft in January supposed to be? :P

It's all for fun and anything is possible when it comes to the draft.

Edited by DrDareustein

How accurate is any full 7 round mock draft in January supposed to be? :P

It's all for fun and anything is possible when it comes to the draft.

Yeah, it's all fun and games, like he said, don't take it too seriously... it's not like a team would ever draft a dude like Maybin over someone like Orakpo or Matthews...

I like Okafor (have him at #20 and rising), but I still think Dion Jordan has the higher ceiling, and Damontre Moore is in the conversation at #8. NONE of them would work as NT in a 3-4, and if we go 3-4, Dareus isn't optimal. Hankins is a load, and might last until #8. Trade-down for Jenkins or Bennie Logan is possible. Are you sure you want to go to a 4-3, Mike Pettine?

did you mean 34?

I think from this article we will be using 34 OLBs

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/15360762

I started a thread on a new type of 43 that uses a 43 front but with 34 OLBs, maybe Pettine has something like this in mind.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/152865-new-breed-43/