Stevie Looking for Some QB Competition

BRAWNDO

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least he got it after the one hop...that's hard to do

LOL. If i recall correctly, i think he even had another drop in that same game in the end zone (or was that another Jets game?). That other drop i'm talking about was followed by an inaccurate pass by Fitz where Stevie was open again.

Dude has put up back to back to back 1,000 yd seasons with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball. I really don't have to say anything else.

Yes. Exactly correct Flea.

Let Coach Marrone sort this out.

Stevie doesnt need to be a probowler or prove anything to speak his mind. He is a Bill and has earned his stripes.

In all honesty, his style fits into the Patriots offense so much. A guy who gets off the line and gets open quick and a great short/intermediate WR. If he had Brady throwing him the ball in that offense, He'd be a 1200-1300 yd WR and wouldn't be surprised if he got around 10 TDs every year. Easily.

He's honestly the best WR ive seen on this team since Reed. Yes I'd say better than Moulds. Give him a real QB and we'll see what kinda numbers he puts up.

Hopeful. I rarely disagree with you about much but Stevie does all of things you mentioned better than anyone (especially coming back for a pass) we have had in years.

Bowery, thanks for the kind words. I actually completely agree with you that SJ does leap, dive, and come back for passes better than anyone we have had on the Bills in years!

The question is what does that mean?

Where we may disagree - and this is pure perception, so yours and mine may vary - is how often and well he does these things in comparison with the truly elite clutch WR at the top of the NFL.

AJ Green makes Dalton a much better QB - just unbelieveable catches, 3-4 a game. Boldin. FItzgerald. and so on.

There's no question that SJ would have better stats with a better QB throwing to him, but there's also (IMO) no question that a more confident QB would pin his ears back for some of the drops he's had and plays where he fails to adjust. He's also the type of WR who is difficult to throw to - unorthodox in his route running, hard to keep on the same page (people who think he'd do great with Brady miss the point that the essence of NE offense is precision and timing).

In all honesty, his style fits into the Patriots offense so much.

Or, not so much. Brady is Mr. Perfectionist. You run a route exactly, so you're precisely where he expects to find you, or you're run out of town while someone who will takes over.

He also wouldn't tolerate so much "blame the QB" body language after a miscommunication or a muffed throw or so many drops. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is kidding themselves.

Edited by Hopeful