American Idol 2013

Gugny

Yup. Another guilty pleasure.

It gets worse and worse every year, but I still end up watching it.

This might be the season that makes me stop.

I have always loved me some Mariah. But the staged in-fighting between her and Nikki Manaj (don't even care if I spelled that correctly) got old after about 10 minutes. That's going to grow very tired, very quickly.

And that Nikki Manaj thing is a jerk, anyway. She's going to ruin it.

Randy Jackson is trying harder than ever to be become Simon Cowell, but it's not working.

Ugh.

agree..........worst first episode ever..........didn't enjoy a single "singer" or the judges at all.

thought it was nice when Nicky was being nice to the goofy little asian kid who wanted to be the next beiber.

terrible start. i miss Steven Tyler oggling all of the hot teenage girls..........this season is lame.........might be tuning out as well.

• 3 months later...

I can't believe people still watch this show, or that its even on.

After Simon and Paula left, it jumped the shark.

I don't watch Idol because of the judges, although I do miss Simon, I watch the show for the contestants.

I can't believe people still watch this show, or that its even on.

After Simon and Paula left, it jumped the shark.

agree with ya........ive watched it for the last 5-7 years but finally had to tune out this year..........i did enjoy the X factor a ton but don't understand how the bland country singer can always beat the up and coming Celine Dion wannabee so often.

i rarely have agreed that the winner was actually the winner.

I don't watch Idol because of the judges, although I do miss Simon, I watch the show for the contestants.

Yup, I agree,

As far as helpful constructive critismn goes for the contestants though, Keith Urban is the best Judge AI has ever had on the show

Might just be me, but when Paula and Simon left, talent seemed to go down too. The last season I watched regularly was when Ellen was on there (I think kris Allen won).

When Jo lo joined, the judging made it really unwatchable for me.

but the few episodes I have watched since then, haven't been blown away by the talent. the country dude who won recently seemed pretty average.

Edit: I went back to see the winners list and realized I watched through lee dewyze's season. that wasn't a bad season with him and bowersox in the final.

Edited by JR In Ann Arbor

Might just be me, but when Paula and Simon left, talent seemed to go down too. The last season I watched regularly was when Ellen was on there (I think kris Allen won).

When Jo lo joined, the judging made it really unwatchable for me.

but the few episodes I have watched since then, haven't been blown away by the talent. the country dude who won recently seemed pretty average.

Edit: I went back to see the winners list and realized I watched through lee dewyze's season. that wasn't a bad season with him and bowersox in the final.

I see your point, and there definitely are better seasons of Idol than others, but that was true even when Paula & Simon were there.

IMO the best season of Idol was when David Cook won, there was a lot of talent in that group that year. Lee Dewyze & Crystal Bowersox were both very good, but that group overall was forgettable. The Kris Allen year was very good, except for Adam Lambert :sick: . One of the worst years was when Jordin Sparks won.

One thing that really frustrates me is when the judges would pick their wildcards and chose some not-so-good contestants.

Case in point, in 2011, the Scotty McCreery year, this young lady was brought back for a wildcard spot and the judges said no to her: http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=291644

This year overall has been decent, but Angie Miller has got star potential. Kree Harrison, Amber Holcomb & Candice Glover have also had very good to great moments as well. Yes there were forgettable people this year too, but Idol is still a good show to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

After this season's over, Ryan Seacrest may be the only thing left standing that looks familiar to all the AI viewers who have watched the show over the last decade.

Sad...

True.

Just saw that Randy is leaving.

I almost didn't even watch it for the same reason, but glad I did because both Candice and Kree were very impressive.

I don't doubt it was good, they are both talented.

In my opinion, Angie was the best and most consistent singer of the group and should have been this year's American Idol.

Oh well, as we know with this contest, the best does not always win.

In my opinion, Angie was the best and most consistent singer of the group and should have been this year's American Idol.

You got that right

You got that right

dog always tries to be the 1st to admit when he is wrong and dog got it wrong once again after listening to Candace perform her new soon to be hit single "He says I'm beautiful" a few more times because she knocked that tune out of the ball park,

Congrads Candace , and congrads AI for getting it right :thumbsup:

I stopped watching American Idol by the 3rd episode in season 1. Simon Cowell mocking out losers was hilarious.

Its probably not for everyone, but the idea of going out and combing across the United States to find a superstar is appealing to some.

Music lover myself, so it appeals to me.

There is one problem I have with the process though, in my opinion If you want Americas true feelings, judges shouldn't critque the contestants until the day after you tally the votes up and right before the results are announced, so both Judges and contestans are put on the spot.

Folks are to easily swayed by critiques from the Judges as it stands now.

Edited by dog14787

Its probably not for everyone, but the idea of going out and combing across the United States to find a superstar is appealing to some.

Music lover myself, so it appeals to me.

There is one problem I have with the process though, in my opinion If you want Americas true feelings, judges shouldn't critque the contestants until the day after you tally the votes up and right before the results are announced, so both Judges and contestans are put on the spot.

Folks are to easily swayed by critiques from the Judges as it stands now.

What I get tired of is when elimination night comes and Seacrest asks the judges who should be eliminated and the judges give a roundabout non-answer. At least Simon had the guts to give his opinion.

What I get tired of is when elimination night comes and Seacrest asks the judges who should be eliminated and the judges give a roundabout non-answer. At least Simon had the guts to give his opinion.

:lol: kinda funny that a few seasons ago Cowell predicts Candace, (this years winner) would never be anything more then a singer in a cocktail lounge selling peanuts.

Candace used it as motivation :thumbsup:

Edited by dog14787

:lol: kinda funny that a few seasons ago Cowell predicts Candace, (this years winner) would never be anything more then a singer in a cocktail lounge selling peanuts.

Candace used it as motivation :thumbsup:

Yeah, but you could also just say that Idol has fallen so far from grace that even a singer who will end up beign nothing more than a singer in a coctail lounge selling peanuts can win the show :w00t:

Yeah, but you could also just say that Idol has fallen so far from grace that even a singer who will end up beign nothing more than a singer in a coctail lounge selling peanuts can win the show :w00t:

Candace knocking her 1st single out of the ball park makes your comment sound hilarious :w00t:

Candace knocking her 1st single out of the ball park makes your comment sound hilarious :w00t:

She knocked her first single out of the park?

She knocked her first single out of the park?

“I Am Beautiful” was a top five hit in its first week on the charts, entering the R&B Digital Songs tally at No. 5. The song is also No. 6 on Heatseekers Songs, No. 8 on R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs, No. 33 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, No. 39 on Hot Digital Songs, No. 40 on Hot Digital Tracks and No. 93 on the Hot 100.

Yup, Candace may go out now and buy a big peanut farm,

and sell lots of peanuts... :flirt:

Edited by dog14787

Pretty Cool...I bet you're following her on twitter....aren't ya :)

Edited by ajzepp

:lol: no, but shes worthy

man I just fell in love with the song and Candace's soulful rendition,

she/it really is beautiful

As much as I fell off the wagon this season, I thought she was easily the most talented and most consistent. Usually during the season there will be at least a couple performances that I'll download off of iTunes, but this year the only one I grabbed was Kree's version of "Crying", since it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I thought Angie was very talented, especially when she sang that one original piece of hers, and I could see her having a nice career. The only dude I thought was any good was Nick Boddington, but he didn't make it to the finals. But yeah, Candace seems like a genuinely awesome person so I'm really happy for her early success.

People can criticize Idol all they want, but you just can't argue with the track record of success they've had over the years, especially in terms of how many contestants went on to have legitimate careers in music or acting. It's pretty remarkable, really. Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, platinum albums, billboard #1s, etc, etc...pretty impressive stuff.

As much as I fell off the wagon this season, I thought she was easily the most talented and most consistent. Usually during the season there will be at least a couple performances that I'll download off of iTunes, but this year the only one I grabbed was Kree's version of "Crying", since it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I thought Angie was very talented, especially when she sang that one original piece of hers, and I could see her having a nice career. The only dude I thought was any good was Nick Boddington, but he didn't make it to the finals. But yeah, Candace seems like a genuinely awesome person so I'm really happy for her early success.

People can criticize Idol all they want, but you just can't argue with the track record of success they've had over the years, especially in terms of how many contestants went on to have legitimate careers in music or acting. It's pretty remarkable, really. Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, platinum albums, billboard #1s, etc, etc...pretty impressive stuff.

I agree,it really is impressive, and while all of us may not agree on the actual winner every season, all the contestants get a great deal of publicity to help kick start their careers.

Candace Glover should be an inspiration to all the budding young talent out there to show just because you don't break through the 1st time, try, and try again. This was Candace's 3rd tryout on Idol after being told by one of the most renowned talent critiques in the world, Simon Cowell, she would never be nothing more then a cocktail Lounge singer selling peanuts, Glover comes back and wins it all.

What a great story

(John from Hemet should take note)