Let's start officially measuring sentiment on TBD

The Terrorist threat level is funny.

In a few days after reading these, I'll post the rules. If you have concrete ideas on measuring sentiment like this, please hit me up.

(An aside: As per being held accountable for views we now know is stupid, I'll say I hated the CJ Spiller pick.)

. . . I still hate the pick. But I love the player. I hate picking any rb or cb in the first round, ever. Unless its Adrian Peterson. I cant think of any other rb in the past 15 years I would have been happy with in the first round, either at the time or in hindsight.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So people posting with ANONYMOUS handles need to be held accountable? Just great. :lol:

First of all, the person I am here is the same person I am in real life.

Personally I care what I write and it's a reflection of who I am, anonymous or not. People here have reputations and some people take their reputations seriously, anonymous or not.

Secondly, I've become friends with people on this board. I've met numerous people who I first met posting here.

If YOU want to be anonymous and unaccountable that's fine.

But realize that you speak for yourself. Some people will feel the way you do and other will feel differently.

First of all, the person I am here is the same person I am in real life.

Personally I care what I write and it's a reflection of who I am, anonymous or not. People here have reputations and some people take their reputations seriously, anonymous or not.

Secondly, I've become friends with people on this board. I've met numerous people who I first met posting here.

If YOU want to be anonymous and unaccountable that's fine.

But realize that you speak for yourself. Some people will feel the way you do and other will feel differently.

You take yourself way too seriously. This is a message board, not a grand jury. :doh:

I'll move on, as I have no sentiment that I wish to be measured. :D

You could do a thing where 5 is neutral, 10 would be strongly in favor, 0 strongly against, etc.

A poll would be best because it tallies responses.

The poll format is also good becaue it gives people the ability to clarify their opinion.

In a perfect world for me, there would be a limit on how much you can write. Get in, make your point, get out.

But that part would be hard because there's no device with which to limit the length of responses.

I agree with your idea of opinion polls. A scale from 1 - 10 seems reasonable.

As for limits on what people can write--if someone takes the time to create a long, well thought-out post, I will typically read and enjoy it. Posts like this one come to mind, and should be encouraged.

Unfortunately, there are other times when the signal-to-noise ratio is low. This often happens because people get into arguments, and repeat their (unsupported) opinions as a refutation of the unsupported opinions of those they're arguing against.

That being said, I agree that brevity is a virtue, and verbosity has no place on the sentiment measurement threads the OP has described. Trying to persuade others to agree with one's prediction is best left for other threads.

......I like the idea that people are held more accountable for the opinions they voice here. Especially posters who are loud, opinionated and authoritative.

I DON'T like the idea that people can spew stuff and never be held accountable for what they say.

Now that part I like a lot. :thumbsup: