What should the Bills do at #8?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on board with WR first. I think our offense has much more of a talent deficiency than our defense, which suffers from more of a coaching problem. Besides Stevie our WRs are barely more than camp bodies.

OTOH he is a YAC machine. Appears to have good hands too. Also a dangerous kick returner.

nice video patterson has moves for sure the mocks scary though passing on barkley,ej in 2nd round for DE

isnt is sad we dont have a legit QB on the roster that would afford us the luxury of taking advantage of all these lovely weapons that are coming out?

if he's there @8 and someone is truly committed to BPA, he'd have to be on the shortlist

btw he wrote in the comments he has Bills take EJ in rd3 ... I dont see him there, but you never know

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Seems like this may be borderline blasphemy on this board but I'm ok without taking a qb in this draft or maybe a 4th or 5th on Manuel or Bray if Whaley/Marrone/Hackett think their franchise qb is in next years draft between Bridgewater, Murray, McCarron and Boyd

As I recall, Barkley was on almost everyones wishlist last year - now he's a pariah?? Any of the guys you just mentioned could easily have the same thing happen to them next year... How long are you gonna wait to draft a QB???

As I recall, Barkley was on almost everyones wishlist last year - now he's a pariah?? Any of the guys you just mentioned could easily have the same thing happen to them next year... How long are you gonna wait to draft a QB???

I actually like Barkley more than most posters I've read but I'm of the opinion that the only QB worthy of the #8 pick is Geno Smith. If Barkley is there at 41 I'm fine with that pick. With all the defensive talent at the top of the draft as well as Eric Fisher I think it would be a waste to reach for a qb. If the draft plays out to where a player that the Bills have graded high is available in the 2nd then go for it. I just don't think it would be a failed draft if they don't go qb early. The class of 2014 seems to be deeper but I agree with your point, things could always change

As the 2nd posted stated we need an impact player. Drafting a tackle to me doesn't do that as we have what looks to be a very good LT in Glenn and RT isn't terrible by no means prior to injury. Assuming the Bills resign AL, you don't need five all-pros on the line. In fact getting five all-pros on O-line likely is at the loss of improving another position line LB. Put that much effort on O-line and other areas will suffer.

Here's one question I'd throw out, someone else posted this a couple weeks back, if you could get a 1st and 2nd rounder for CJ Spiller, would you trade him? CJ likely is one of the top five most exciting offense players in the league and I do think with better coaching and usage, will even be better, but seeing the RB from the Redskins, believe he was 5th round pick run for 1500 yards does somewhat prove that RB is one of the easiest positions to find talent in the draft and the one area rookies can quickly adapt to and excel. I'm not sold on it either way, making the trade or not and wouldn't be upset either way either.

no.