OT New Buffalo Sports Radio Starts Tomorrow

BRAWNDO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that 1270AM in WNY radio? Also.. do you have any info on if we can get a App for this that i can download onto my iphone?

I work and listen to my radio and listen to WGR all day and HATE listening to Rome, so i turn my radio off from 12-3.

Edited by buffalo1983

is that 1270AM in WNY radio? Also.. do you have any info on if we can get a App for this that i can download onto my iphone?

I work and listen to my radio and listen to WGR all day and HATE listening to Rome, so i turn my radio off from 12-3.

Then when Rome moves over to the new station - you can go back to listening to GR all day.

No info on App, but I would guess probably not as it is a new station, here is the website though.

http://www.swing1270.com/

CBS Sports radio is building their own network of affiliates. Rome signed on last year with CBS and The Fan 1270 is one of those affiliates.

WGR loses Rome from 12-3 and will need new programming.

But isnt that opposite of what is going on here. 1270 is losing Rome and thats why they are doing their own local show and WGR will continue to cover Rome from 12-3?

No info on App, but I would guess probably not as it is a new station, here is the website though.

http://www.swing1270.com/

Website i dont think will do much help. I dont even see a listen live on that site.. So now what?

Edited by buffalo1983

1270 used to be WHLD, licensed to Niagara Falls. It was all-brokered radio, meaning it was shows that people bought time on WHLD to run. Mostly religious and foreign language stuff. I can understand why this will be like a brand new radio station to most folks.

Okay coverage during the day. (see purple line) Not so good at night. (see red line)

I really believe a solid sports competitor could beat WGR, but it takes a lot of money to be "solid." Running CBS network is not going to put a dent into WGR. It's curious they are going live 12-3 instead of AM or PM drive. Maybe they feel like it would be easier to establish a beachhead being local while WGR is on network. Expect WGR to go live 12-3 soon. Sal Capaccio perhaps?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1270 used to be WHLD, licensed to Niagara Falls. It was all-brokered radio, meaning it was shows that people bought time on WHLD to run. Mostly religious and foreign language stuff. I can understand why this will be like a brand new radio station to most folks.

Okay coverage during the day. (see purple line) Not so good at night. (see red line)

I really believe a solid sports competitor could beat WGR, but it takes a lot of money to be "solid." Running CBS network is not going to put a dent into WGR. It's curious they are going live 12-3 instead of AM or PM drive. Maybe they feel like it would be easier to establish a beachhead being local while WGR is on network. Expect WGR to go live 12-3 soon. Cal Capaccio perhaps?

PTR

Hope your right. WGR needs to go live from 12-3 and stop this Rome BULL. With Hockey back on, the Hockey hotline can finally have something to talk about from 10-12. People want and like listening to LOCAL sports news and like talking Bills, Sabres... We dont have Empire or any local stuff on TV. WGR will stay #1 no matter what.

Rome will still be on WGR 12-3, but this will give a local option from 6a to 9pm now. 6a to 12p on WGR, 12-3 on The Fan, 3 to 9 on WGR

Its going to be hard for alot of people to listen without a APP. lots of smartphones and alot of people listen to these stations from their smartphones. I wanted to be the one to listen starting tomorrow, but i guess i have no way to listen.

Rome must be contractually locked into WGR and won't be on the new station until the term expires.

Rome does not have contracts with individual stations. He comes from a syndicator like Premiere. According to his wiki page Rome is under contract with CBS Sports Network as of now, so I don't see how WGR keeps him, unless they swung a deal before 1270 signed up with CBS.

PTR